Exploring Chernobyl Exclusion Zone

timmy

700m bridge across Pripyat river (CHNPP in background) in last sun rays.

700m bridge across Pripyat river (CHNPP in background) in last sun rays.700m bridge across Pripyat river (CHNPP in background) in last sun rays.
I am so close ! But tomorrow things will get difficult. I must cross this bridge early in the morning. I will be fully exposed from all sides. If somebody sees me, I may fail. On the other side of that bridge, situation is critical, only way forward is walking on an elevated railway embankment, again exposed. The embankment is surrounded by highly radioactive wetlands.
CbL42lyg.jpgCbL42lyg.jpg
LMgZ1qZ.jpgLMgZ1qZg.jpg

FRCCLebg.jpgFRCCLebg.jpg

Little mistake

Little mistakeLittle mistake
Just a moment after I took this picture a heavy truck driver passing through nearby railway crossing spotted me but continued driving. I had to get out of there quickly, unfortunately just as I approched the crossing I saw a car rushing in, I hid in bush some 5 meters away from crossing, crouched and stood still. Car stopped right in the middle of crossing and two guys carefully scanned both sides. Fortunatelly they stayed in car and after several minutes continued moving.

fDIgi4vg.jpgfDIgi4vg.jpg
G1iQMLkg.jpgG1iQMLkg.jpg

Last goodbye - bridge connecting exclusion zone and outer world

Last goodbye - bridge connecting exclusion zone and outer worldLast goodbye - bridge connecting exclusion zone and outer world
(zone in background)

Some photos from my 8 day solo hike across beautiful and mysterious Zone, which i was able to complete due to incredible luck. Despite all effort, there were numerous close calls with Interinform security forces (mainly in proximity of CHNPP and Pripyat), angry wild hogs, snakes and ugly bugs ! In exchange for this effort i was able to get unusual experience.