Royal enfield in USA

ivarnarik

If you are really a fan of Royal enfield, then no doubts, go for it. 

If you are just a motorcycle enthusiast, don't think about it. I prefer yamaha bolt (950 cc) or triumph bonneville, if you are in to cruisers. Lekapothe sports ayite chala options untayi like ducati monster etc. 

Cons: vibrations vastayi 60 mph tarvta

500 cc, antha powerful em kaadhu, so forget about raci g

Pros: iconic legend

Chala affordable price, brand new  $5k ki vasthundhi, 

Awesome to cruise around town. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lukewalker said:

If you are really a fan of Royal enfield, then no doubts, go for it. 

If you are just a motorcycle enthusiast, don't think about it. I prefer yamaha bolt (950 cc) or triumph bonneville, if you are in to cruisers. Lekapothe sports ayite chala options untayi like ducati monster etc. 

Cons: vibrations vastayi 60 mph tarvta

500 cc, antha powerful em kaadhu, so forget about raci g

Pros: iconic legend

Chala affordable price, brand new  $5k ki vasthundhi, 

Awesome to cruise around town. 

Thank you lukewalker. I am not into racing and avid fan and follower of RE. Mostly will avoid highways if possible. Thinking of buying desert storm which they are quoting around 6k. How is HD Iron 883? yamaha bolt looks promising. Thank you again

10 hours ago, ivarnarik said:

Thank you lukewalker. I am not into racing and avid fan and follower of RE. Mostly will avoid highways if possible. Thinking of buying desert storm which they are quoting around 6k. How is HD Iron 883? yamaha bolt looks promising. Thank you again

teeskunte classic model lo dessert storm or battle green teesko. 

In my opinion Iron 883 is beginners bike. Harley lo sportster models anni girly bikes antaru. I am a registered user in HD forum, they call all sportster models as girls bikes/starter bikes. 

If you are into RE, and need a bike to cruise around town, go for desert storm. You will love the bike and the attention it gets. 

32 minutes ago, BUDDY said:

do u want to die on an interstate ?

Why bro? 

TS said he will avoid highways. Also, i saw Honda rebel, baby ninja on highways which are 250 cc. 500 cc is plenty for US highways. 

58 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

teeskunte classic model lo dessert storm or battle green teesko. 

In my opinion Iron 883 is beginners bike. Harley lo sportster models anni girly bikes antaru. I am a registered user in HD forum, they call all sportster models as girls bikes/starter bikes. 

If you are into RE, and need a bike to cruise around town, go for desert storm. You will love the bike and the attention it gets. 

Desert storm ane anukunna, kani many of them are telling me to stay away from RE in USA, be it vibrations when you go pass 55MPH or servicing issues etc etc...

As Buddy mentioned one of the RE dealer/Mechanic said the same thing..... "Unless you are run down by a fast overtaking car" annadu, appati nunchi malli search start chesa

I am a married uncle with a kid :D so don't want to go for a super sports bike(this is main criteria) so looking around 500-800 cc bikes,

Really appreciate you Lukewalker thankyou

5 minutes ago, ivarnarik said:

Desert storm ane anukunna, kani many of them are telling me to stay away from RE in USA, be it vibrations when you go pass 55MPH or servicing issues etc etc...

As Buddy mentioned one of the RE dealer/Mechanic said the same thing..... "Unless you are run down by a fast overtaking car" annadu, appati nunchi malli search start chesa

I am a married uncle with a kid :D so don't want to go for a super sports bike(this is main criteria) so looking around 500-800 cc bikes,

Really appreciate you Lukewalker thankyou

Mama. Then try Honda Shadow Phantom 750cc or Yamaha bolt 950cc. Cruisers are awesome and good for both rider and passenger, I too prefer cruisers over super sports bike. You can get them almost for $6k - $7k.

Ikkada Kante specific motorcycle forums lo post veyyi mama. You will get lot of useful info. 

17 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

Mama. Then try Honda Shadow Phantom 750cc or Yamaha bolt 950cc. Cruisers are awesome and good for both rider and passenger, I too prefer cruisers over super sports bike. You can get them almost for $6k - $7k.

Ikkada Kante specific motorcycle forums lo post veyyi mama. You will get lot of useful info. 

Sure will try Yamaha Bolt. Honda ki ippatike chala contribute chesa ( 2 bikes and a car in India + 1 car here ) So, looking for other options