Poll : Do telugu movies suck

mastercheif

Do telugu movies suck ?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, mastercheif said:

pls don't hijack this thread with upper vs lower caste discussion. just talk about movies.

what i said is a legitimate opinion on Telugu movies. If you don't want to listen to an opinion, don't ask for it in db. Try pms.

3 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

what i said is a legitimate opinion on Telugu movies. If you don't want to listen to an opinion, don't ask for it in db. Try pms.

you have every right to express your opinion and I have mine

Just now, mastercheif said:

you have every right to express your opinion and I have mine

I did not ask you not to express your opinion. You did.

1 hour ago, VizagRocks said:

Telugu films reflect the kind of backward society it is. They try to hide their backwardness by celebrating their billionaires, and rich farmers and their communities.

But it shows, given how shallow most of these films are.

Telugu community in general is a very shallow, superficial class oriented society. It is reflected on the way we behave and perceive things even outside India where this problem is endemic. It's not a surprise that most of the marriages in this particular community are entirely based on financial status, caste, social status and other such perceived non sense. 

• Upvote 1

daily labour ki,  hero, son of NRI with 10000 crores net worth untene cinema ekkuthunda? em chepthunnav.

these kind of idiotic films.. Attarintiki daaredhi, Srimanthudu, etc, are made for the middle class people.

nenu adhe chepthunna, nijangane labour kosam cinema teesthe, inthakanna better ga untaayi. teeyochhu kooda. But most films are not made for these people.

Attarinitiki Daaredhi shows the protagonist as an extremely wealthy billionaire that has a cushy, comfortable life where he has people pandering to even wipe his ass. He in turns insults a poor working class man who perceives this spoiled billionaire to be on his same level in terms of the social class. I am referring to the scene where Pavan Kalyan insults Ali and brags about his wealth. Telugu people love people who brag about their wealth no matter how that wealth is made, even it verges on being vulgar. 

While people might say it's just a movie, I refuse to agree. It actually shows a deeply rooted psychological bias within the society. Attempting to brush this issue under the carpet doesn't improve the situation it's only going to exacerbate the class divide that exists in the Indian society already. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Attarinitiki Daaredhi shows the protagonist as an extremely wealthy billionaire that has a cushy, comfortable life where he has people pandering to even wipe his ass. He in turns insults a poor working class man who perceives this spoiled billionaire to be on his same level in terms of the social class. I am referring to the scene where Pavan Kalyan insults Ali and brags about his wealth. Telugu people love people who brag about their wealth no matter how that wealth is made, even it verges on being vulgar. 

While people might say it's just a movie, I refuse to agree. It actually shows a deeply rooted psychological bias within the society. Attempting to brush this issue under the carpet doesn't improve the situation it's only going to exacerbate the class divide that exists in the Indian society already. 

Pk gaadu aa cinema lo andarni hero laa kodta untadu..shameless audience enjoys it 

Telugu films reflect the kind of backward society it is. They try to hide their backwardness by celebrating their billionaires, and rich farmers and their communities.

But it shows, given how shallow most of these films are.

A billionaire that becomes a billionaire by exploiting the masses and keeps exploiting them to hide his insecurity and the ill gotten wealth. 

And then we wonder why these so called "consultants" exploit people here in the US, it's all deep rooted in our psyche. A lot of these "consultant billionaires" are celebrated and worshipped in their native places of birth in India and are affiliated politically with the local hoodlums that run the governments. 

• Upvote 1

heroes remuneration lu 1 cr chesukunte manchi films chalane teeyachu...appudu asalu actors evaro telusthadhi industry lo

kaani aasa ekkuva ga....okka cinema teesthe one acre land koneyali jubilee hills lo anukoni teestharu....vallu andaru bagane vuntaru distributors inka janale pichi ekki sachipotharu

6 minutes ago, chichi said:

heroes remuneration lu 1 cr chesukunte manchi films chalane teeyachu...appudu asalu actors evaro telusthadhi industry lo

kaani aasa ekkuva ga....okka cinema teesthe one acre land koneyali jubilee hills lo anukoni teestharu....vallu andaru bagane vuntaru distributors inka janale pichi ekki sachipotharu

strange to relate remuneration with quality 

11 minutes ago, NinduChandurudu said:

Pk gaadu aa cinema lo andarni hero laa kodta untadu..shameless audience enjoys it 

And he's applauded as a social reformer and an important political figurehead. It is might impressive that such a shallow, unimpressive personality gets extolled so much in the society. 

20 minutes ago, mastercheif said:

strange to relate remuneration with quality 

quality ante manchi experimental stories nunche vasthadhi....

so experiments kabatti flop ayye chances ekkuva vuntayi...

ekkuva remunerations nd production costs valla experimental movies disasters ayithe motham andaru musugesukovali

oka 'I' movie laaga anamata

anduke i related remunerations with quality

30 minutes ago, chichi said:

first, decency ki konni basic guidelines unnayi. adhi follow avvamanu aa directors ni.

telugu films lo, feudalism ni glorify chesinattu ekkada cheyyaru anukunta. migatha vaallu kaneesam subtle ga feudalism choopisthaaru. manollu direct ga teeseyatame. baahubali lo kooda horrible scene, feet on a guy's head. antha neechamaina scene ni kooda highlight laaga teesina director ni emanaali?

it's okay if the actor takes 100cr, as long he's the main reason people come to watch that film and it makes more than he takes. adhem problem kaadhu.

41 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Agrarian societies are all like that. underdeveloped, patriarchal, feudal nonsense.

must have industries to have a strong worker unions, and a strong counter capitalist movement. Then films will be made to cater to the new class. and they will be better than the current crap.

7 minutes ago, chichi said:

quality ante manchi experimental stories nunche vasthadhi....

so experiments kabatti flop ayye chances ekkuva vuntayi...

ekkuva remunerations nd production costs valla experimental movies disasters ayithe motham andaru musugesukovali

oka 'I' movie laaga anamata

anduke i related remunerations with quality

producers ki telusu anukunta market capacity entho, remuneration entha ivvaalo.

that is not the reason for bad movies. the reason is, as Chiranjeevi rightly said, lack of good writers.

80s, 90s lo manchi cinemaalu ochhaayi ga. even Chiru commercial movies look better than the current crap.