Indian restaurant owner in UK sentenced to jail

pravinyudu

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/05/24/restaurant-owner-sentenced-to-6-years-for-switching-curry-recipe/

Many chefs play around with recipes. But being dishonest about ingredients could have fatal consequences.

On Monday, a British restaurateur was sentenced to six years in prison for serving a curry dish that led to a customer’s untimely death.

But the dish wasn’t laced with cyanide or some recognizable deadly toxin. Mohammed Zaman, the owner of Indian Garden North Yorkshire, England, switched ground almonds with cheaper ground peanuts in his chicken tikka masala recipe to save money. Two years ago, Zaman was over $435,000 in debt and had changed the recipe in an effort to slash restaurant overhead.

Customer Paul Wilson—who suffered from a severe peanut allergy since childhood-- ordered the dish in 2014 and died after eating just one bite of the curry, reports New York Times. According to court documents, Wilson alerted the restaurant of his allergy, and "no nuts" was written on his takeout container.

Despite the fact that a 17-year-old customer had shown symptoms of an allergic reaction to the curry three weeks earlier, Zaman did nothing. The judge presiding over the case scolded the restaurant owner in court for his willful negligence. 

"Paul Wilson was in the prime of his life," Judge Simon Bourne-Arton told Zaman, reports Yorkshire Post. Noting that Wilson had managed to avoid eating the life-threatening nuts his entire life, Bourne-Arton admonished the restaurant owner saying, "He [Wilson], like you, worked in the catering trade. He, unlike you, was a careful man."

Zaman was found  guilty of manslaughter by gross negligence and six other food safety offenses and will face six years in prison. The decision could set a precedent for how negligence cases are handled in the U.K. restaurant industry moving forward.

“[T]rying to distance himself from any involvement in his death. That had struck me through this investigation,” a spokesperson for the North Yorkshire Police told the BBC. “His lack of compassion and understanding about [what] he's actually done.”

19 minutes ago, BulletBaskar said:

Indian kaadu vayya.... Bangladeshi gadu Indian Name Restaurant pettukunnadu

news kuda sariga chadavaru....

Lol. Applies to you. Did you read the heading properly? No one said owner is Indian. I said it is Indian Restaurant. Enduku comment chestaro telidu sentences ardam chesukokunda

1 hour ago, BulletBaskar said:

47 minutes ago, pravinyudu said:

Lol. Applies to you. Did you read the heading properly? No one said owner is Indian. I said it is Indian Restaurant. Enduku comment chestaro telidu sentences ardam chesukokunda

@3$%

1 hour ago, pravinyudu said:

Baa nijam gaane manchi paravinudu ga

Desi gallam antha anthe thu. Rendu rupayalu cost ekkuva petti quality maintain cheyandi ra ante, anni kalthi chesi ammutaru. Maram manam. Even desi restaurants in usa do same. Mana life lo endulo kooda quality undadu and honesty undadu. 

I think chicago lo unde half restaurants ( indian / pakistani ) should be closed especially due to the kind of Unhygienic practice 

For Eg , I had to shout on one of the owner of Paradise Biryani  Desmoines , we went there for the first time in December , 

that owner was also acting as server and host , we sat down at the table and there were some food which was not cleaned , i called that guy , he said why do indians keep talking about cleanliness here in US , but not in India ( I said clean people want to have a clean place to eat , and i said this table sucks ) 

Next he himself cleaned the table and after that he touched my 3 year old daughter saying ur cute , i told that fellow if you ever touch her with your dirty hands , i would file a complaint , he was so shocked , he just kept talking to him and left that place 

next he himself started serving the food after cleaning the table without even washing hands , i said don't touch it , go clean urself and start serving , 

Vadu he  kept on talking at the registrar looking at me and some of his other friends 

We still go to that restaurant especially as biryani is tasty ( not sure how hygenic those people are inside ) but rest of the guys started to behave properly and clean their hands if i am at the restaurants , may be once a month or twice a month 

I like their biryani and nothing else in their restaurant 

I think chicago lo unde half restaurants ( indian / pakistani ) should be closed especially due to the kind of Unhygienic practice 

For Eg , I had to shout on one of the owner of Paradise Biryani  Desmoines , we went there for the first time in December , 

that owner was also acting as server and host , we sat down at the table and there were some food which was not cleaned , i called that guy , he said why do indians keep talking about cleanliness here in US , but not in India ( I said clean people want to have a clean place to eat , and i said this table sucks ) 

Next he himself cleaned the table and after that he touched my 3 year old daughter saying ur cute , i told that fellow if you ever touch her with your dirty hands , i would file a complaint , he was so shocked , he just kept talking to him and left that place 

next he himself started serving the food after cleaning the table without even washing hands , i said don't touch it , go clean urself and start serving , 

Vadu he  kept on talking at the registrar looking at me and some of his other friends 

We still go to that restaurant especially as biryani is tasty ( not sure how hygenic those people are inside ) but rest of the guys started to behave properly and clean their hands if i am at the restaurants , may be once a month or twice a month 

I like their biryani and nothing else in their restaurant 

2 hours ago, pravinyudu said:

astala vista baby

u r smart boy pranav

nene tokka mida kalu vesanu @3$%

3 hours ago, BulletBaskar said:

2 hours ago, pravinyudu said:

35 minutes ago, BulletBaskar said:

astala vista baby

u r smart boy pranav

nene tokka mida kalu vesanu @3$%

hahaha.. awesome bros.... limits lo tittukunnaru......

11 hours ago, kumar654 said:

Desi gallam antha anthe thu. Rendu rupayalu cost ekkuva petti quality maintain cheyandi ra ante, anni kalthi chesi ammutaru. Maram manam. Even desi restaurants in usa do same. Mana life lo endulo kooda quality undadu and honesty undadu. 

Nuvvendi man eppudu negative posts ye estaav.. Y so much like kumar uncle man