buying house on H1b

AFDB__REBEL

1 minute ago, AFDB__REBEL said:

ledhu bhaya ...frineds andaru already konesaru 3-4 years back .....

Don't bother about your friends. Do they live in same place as yours? Do they earn same salary as yours? Do they have same responsibilities as yours? If yes for all these 3, then you must be doing something wrong. It is easier to buy a house in South than in NorthEast and Calif! 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AFDB__REBEL

• mettastar

• k2s

• Hitman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bayya ,

never compare with others..nee situations veru ..others situations veru..all depends on your readiness, you long term commitment to stay in a place...etc etc..

if you are worried about relocation, condo teesko mama. you can rent it out if you have to move. 

you will get tax benefits and can build equity if you buy a house, rent ante tax benefits em undav ga. 

down payment kuda chusko, 20% kante takkuva kadithe mortgage insurance kattali, thats probably $100 - $200 per month. 

house konatam risk but it sure has some advantages. ,manchi school district ayite better. 

4 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

if you are worried about relocation, condo teesko mama. you can rent it out if you have to move. 

you will get tax benefits and can build equity if you buy a house, rent ante tax benefits em undav ga. 

down payment kuda chusko, 20% kante takkuva kadithe mortgage insurance kattali, thats probably $100 - $200 per month. 

house konatam risk but it sure has some advantages. ,manchi school district ayite better. 

*=:

12 minutes ago, chat_24 said:

naaku thelsi maa brother and valla wife  4 hands salary..two houses konnaru..!!!..not GC people

kids leraa ? 

11 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

You dont always get TAX BENEFITS. that is kind of misleading. DO NOT expect tax benefits all the time.

41 minutes ago, AFDB__REBEL said:

never heard of it ..wts is it ?

FL lo 50,000 less valuation chestaru (H1s ki ee option ledu)..  for ex house value 200,000$ and Property tax 2% = 4,000$, but with exemption they tax only for 150,000$. If you live in the house (not if rented).

21 minutes ago, Hitman said:

You dont always get TAX BENEFITS. that is kind of misleading. DO NOT expect tax benefits all the time.

You don't need to pay taxes on the money you spent on property taxes. You will receive a form from lender if you are paying escrow and not directly to local city tax office. you can use that form when you file taxes. the money you spent on property taxes are deductible. 

you will also get tax benefits for the money you are paying as mortgage insurance premium., this rule is good if you have gross income is < $100k  and you are single, married filing jointly. 

if you buy energy efficient appliances, like high efficient HVAC units, some of them are tax deductible.

I am NOT misleading anyone, I am sharing information that I know. Also, contradicting with one line and no info is not helpful. please throw some light supporting your post, if you have a useful point or two, i will also get benefitted. cheers!

19 minutes ago, Lukewalker said:

You don't need to pay taxes on the money you spent on property taxes. You will receive a form from lender if you are paying escrow and not directly to local city tax office. you can use that form when you file taxes. the money you spent on property taxes are deductible. 

you will also get tax benefits for the money you are paying as mortgage insurance premium., this rule is good if you have gross income is < $100k  and you are single, married filing jointly. 

if you buy energy efficient appliances, like high efficient HVAC units, some of them are tax deductible.

I am NOT misleading anyone, I am sharing information that I know. Also, contradicting with one line and no info is not helpful. please throw some light supporting your post, if you have a useful point or two, i will also get benefitted. cheers!

ty