I feel the main reason behind

SirJi

I feel the main reason behind not fixing the immigration system is because the broken immigration system generates a lot of money for the US government. Below are the ways US makes money by not fixing the issue:
1) With a 15- 20 year wait time a h1 holder has to has to renew at least 6 times, both for himself and dependents ie H4 ($2500*6=15k).
2)With H1 amendments rule, on an average an IT consultant changes jobs every year (say $350*15=$5250)
3)Since the H1 amendments and H1 extension take forever to get approval process everybody opts for premium(1250*6=$7500 ie assuming premium is done only for actual H1 extension and not amendments)
4)Visa stamping fees ($300*6=$1800, H4 extra)
5)Driver's license renewals ($70*6=$420)
6)In 2012 they let EB2 apply for I-485 until May2010, their reasoning was to generate EB2 demand, which means that they wanted people to port from EB3 to EB2. Porting from EB3 to EB2 is again extra money
7) People on EAD are on EAD for years. They get revenue from EAD extension, H4 EAD application money.
8)All the above points requires immigration lawyer, they want their citizen lawyers to benefit from this broken immigration system.

The above cost is only an estimate. If you add them it come up to 30k. 30k is average that H1 holder pays. I have not even accounted for labor, i-140, I-485 fees. That is addition.

If US government and their citizens are making so much money out of the broken immigration system why would they want to fix it? Also they probably want the H1 holders to stay in the country for 10 years, pay SSN and they get frustrated and leave so that we cannot re-claim SSN. That benefits US itself, who are loaning from the current SSN reserves. Just my 2 cents.

IT's NOT THAT THEY CANT FIX IT... THEY DONT WANT TO FIX IT.

In case of student admissions to various prestigious institutions or even regular colleges there is a system defined and a single window process to admit students according to their scores and RESERVATION. Not just for undergraduation but for post graduation as well. We all know it very well.

What does a student scoring less and not benefited by RESERVATION do? 

Think practical.

Does he protest and file case in lower court? 

Not scoring enough marks is courts problem?

I don't mean to cite this as an example but I could not relate anything better that changes LIFE.

All fees mentioned above is to maintain the STATUS QUO. 

When there are only X seats available high scoring individuals pick that up. Priority date is one such that.

There is no more room to accommodate any additional student. 

how is the system broken here?

There is always a choice to fall back in case we feel it is not needed

2 minutes ago, SirJi said:

I feel the main reason behind not fixing the immigration system is because the broken immigration system generates a lot of money for the US government. Below are the ways US makes money by not fixing the issue:
1) With a 15- 20 year wait time a h1 holder has to has to renew at least 6 times, both for himself and dependents ie H4 ($2500*6=15k).
2)With H1 amendments rule, on an average an IT consultant changes jobs every year (say $350*15=$5250)
3)Since the H1 amendments and H1 extension take forever to get approval process everybody opts for premium(1250*6=$7500 ie assuming premium is done only for actual H1 extension and not amendments)
4)Visa stamping fees ($300*6=$1800, H4 extra)
5)Driver's license renewals ($70*6=$420)
6)In 2012 they let EB2 apply for I-485 until May2010, their reasoning was to generate EB2 demand, which means that they wanted people to port from EB3 to EB2. Porting from EB3 to EB2 is again extra money
7) People on EAD are on EAD for years. They get revenue from EAD extension, H4 EAD application money.
8)All the above points requires immigration lawyer, they want their citizen lawyers to benefit from this broken immigration system.

The above cost is only an estimate. If you add them it come up to 30k. 30k is average that H1 holder pays. I have not even accounted for labor, i-140, I-485 fees. That is addition.

If US government and their citizens are making so much money out of the broken immigration system why would they want to fix it? Also they probably want the H1 holders to stay in the country for 10 years, pay SSN and they get frustrated and leave so that we cannot re-claim SSN. That benefits US itself, who are loaning from the current SSN reserves. Just my 2 cents.

IT's NOT THAT THEY CANT FIX IT... THEY DONT WANT TO FIX IT.

Dongiii.. ah thupaas FB group lo aunty article kotesaav le %$#$

Immigration system is broken because companies can't hire the best (not always), plus it is a lottery, where all and sundry get in.

It is not broken because some of you can't get a GC. Nobody really cares about that. Btw, aren't companies supposed to bear the cost of filing immigrant visas and extensions?

In the case of illegal immigrants with kids born in the US, it is probably a grey area. I don't know the details.

1 minute ago, VizagRocks said:

Immigration system is broken because companies can't hire the best (not always), plus it is a lottery, where all and sundry get in.

It is not broken because some of you can't get a GC. Nobody really cares about that. Btw, aren't companies supposed to bear the cost of filing immigrant visas and extensions?

In the case of illegal immigrants with kids born in the US, it is probably a grey area. I don't know the details.

ok, now go and sleep