Radio for dalit women from Telangana. Awesome.

VizagRocks

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Indias-first-female-Dalit-radio-makes-waves/articleshow/3641458.cms?from=mdr

Algole is a producer at 90.4 FM, the radio channel started "by Dalit women, for Dalit women". It's making waves not only in her village, Machnoor, but nationally. Algole's reports on farming tools, and folk songs are a hit in Zaheerabad, where most women her caste toil in the fields. The audience base has been expanding in the 11 days the channel has existed. Many listeners are even buying FM-enabled cellphones to catch the station.

The station has already received a congratulatory note from the upper-caste sarpanch. But the best feedback so far is from those it's meant to serve. One listener asked if her children could work as reporters. Another felt proud to be interviewed by the radio. "I always heard others," she said. "Now I hear my voice, my views. I too will be recognized some day."

4 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Indias-first-female-Dalit-radio-makes-waves/articleshow/3641458.cms?from=mdr

Algole is a producer at 90.4 FM, the radio channel started "by Dalit women, for Dalit women". It's making waves not only in her village, Machnoor, but nationally. Algole's reports on farming tools, and folk songs are a hit in Zaheerabad, where most women her caste toil in the fields. The audience base has been expanding in the 11 days the channel has existed. Many listeners are even buying FM-enabled cellphones to catch the station.

The station has already received a congratulatory note from the upper-caste sarpanch. But the best feedback so far is from those it's meant to serve. One listener asked if her children could work as reporters. Another felt proud to be interviewed by the radio. "I always heard others," she said. "Now I hear my voice, my views. I too will be recognized some day."

Goosebumps...  nag-smiling-o_zpsd23b83a3.gif?1367267799

picking on people less privileged than you is not a joke, people.

I know I'm guilty of it too, for picking on morons here. But atleast you guys are all well fed, and reasonably educated. and can defend yourself.

Think of better jokes. Atleast try. Try picking on my caste. Either balija, or Vaishya.