Did anyone here study at Ivy League universities?

tennisluvr

19 hours ago, MRI said:

yes.. Cornell..

Great one. Bro I need some advice from you then. I am thinking of doing a degree in the not too distant future from an Ivy League university due to the connections, alumni network that people from such universities have. Do you think these connections help a lot going ahead or is it mostly just an eye wash thing. Let me know what you feel. 

I am mostly looking at doing a law degree from an Ivy League school. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Raja_Babu

• Spartan

• k2s

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Great one. Bro I need some advice from you then. I am thinking of doing a degree in the not too distant future from an Ivy League university due to the connections, alumni network that people from such universities have. Do you think these connections help a lot going ahead or is it mostly just an eye wash thing. Let me know what you feel. 

joke chesadu ..nijam kadu 

20 hours ago, GunturGongura said:

Brown UniversityColumbia UniversityCornell UniversityDartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of PennsylvaniaPrinceton University, and Yale University

8 total

1 hour ago, Lukewalker said:

I visited yale university once anthe, appudu anipinchindhi jaffa univ lo kante cheste ilanti univ lo cheyyali ani, but again I am lazy. 

Yale law school #1 in the nation bro. But getting in isn't so easy though. 

22 hours ago, Lukewalker said:

I visited yale university once anthe, appudu anipinchindhi jaffa univ lo kante cheste ilanti univ lo cheyyali ani, but again I am lazy. 

Walls chusi decide chestava :3D_Smiles:

On 6/17/2016 at 2:38 PM, tennisluvr said:

this is more relevant in case of biz skool, ma friend did ms in mech from one of the ivies

antha mana desi iit batch ee

On 6/17/2016 at 0:38 PM, tennisluvr said:

law ki tappitey anni waste bro... even b school... b school connection MBB ki pani chesey vallani pattukuntey chaalu.. nuvvu ekkada chadivina labham lenidey paisa okkadu teeyadu..

Yale lo law and girls both are awesome dude.. parties kuda crazy avutayi.. 

2 hours ago, princeofheaven said:

this is more relevant in case of biz skool, ma friend did ms in mech from one of the ivies

antha mana desi iit batch ee

I went to a good school too and a lot of my friends were from IITs etc. But IITs aren't as overhyped here as they are in India. So being from the IIT won't fetch you any special favors as is the case in India. 

That said I think this is relevant both for law schools and business schools due to the alumni network. IITs in tech positions in the US aren't doing anything special, they are still not that prominent in the business circles as much as people from universities like Harvard or Yale are. So it doesn't matter if you aren't from the IITs or IIMs once you get into an Ivy league business or law program, you make your own connections from there. 

1 hour ago, KharjuraNaidu said:

There are

Name them. Again law school rankings are mostly only relevant to the nation they are in you perhaps don't understand that concept. 

You need to pass the bar exam after graduating from a law school, and most of the firms that recruit law clerks are usually local to that nation. So someone graduating from Yale for example would have an alumni network that mostly usually consists of people that work in the US in various law firms. 

But you sound like a clueless fellow, can't name a single thing in your defense. Figures why don't have a clue.