Kashmir not an integral part of India, says J&K MLA

solman

Srinagar: Independent MLA Sheikh Rashid, known for creating controversies, on Monday spoke the separatist language in the Assembly, claiming that Jammu and Kashmir is not India's "integral part" and demanding "plebiscite".

His comments drew angry reaction from the ruling BJP, which said he should resign from the Assembly and join separatists or migrate to Pakistan.

"Even if you send me to jail, debar me from contesting elections or hang me, it will not force me to change my stand on Kashmir," Rashid said in the Assembly.

"J&K is neither India's integral part nor Pakistan's jugular vein. You should understand the historic reality and tell New Delhi that there is no substitute to plebiscite," said the legislator who had triggered a major controversy last year during the beef row by hosting a beef party at the MLAs' Hostel in Srinagar.

Even as members of BJP and Congress protested against his comments, Rashid said he was not against India's sovereignty but "I am talking simply about J&K which has become a bone of contention between India and Pakistan and Assembly has no authority to overrule UN Resolutions."

He said, "New Delhi has been claiming all the way that people in this side of Kashmir have cast their votes in huge numbers and people living in PoK (Pakistan-occupied Kashmir) are not comfortable with Pakistan. So there is no reason why New Delhi should run away from 'plebiscite'. May be people on both sides of LoC (Line of Control) will vote for India and then whole J&K will become India's integral part," he added.

Reacting sharply to Rashid's statement, BJP spokesman Khalid Jehangir said, "If Rasheed believes that J&K is not an integral part of India, he should tender his resignation from the Legislative Assembly and join the separatist camp or migrate to Pakistan."

He said it was unfortunate that Rashid, despite enjoying all the privileges and drawing hefty salary as MLA, is questioning "J&K's merger with India".

In a statement, Jehangir said, "Jammu and Kashmir belongs to India and the people who challenge J&K's accession with India are welcome to migrate to Pakistan."

bjp ollaki matlade hakku ledhu deeni meedha sajjad lone ani separatist whose wife is a pakistani and mama is hard core separatist ni teesukochi j and k lo minister padavi icharu..narendra modi ni kalisi he is like my brother ani statement kooda ichadu

8 minutes ago, DaleSteyn1 said:

bjp ollaki matlade hakku ledhu deeni meedha sajjad lone ani separatist whose wife is a pakistani and mama is hard core separatist ni teesukochi j and k lo minister padavi icharu..narendra modi ni kalisi he is like my brother ani statement kooda ichadu

Strategy plan cheyyali, or else inka poyinatte.

Just now, sattipandu said:

actually why do we even need Kashmir other than for strategic armed forces perspective 

River ado undi kada. Once we give up, inka weak ani annate. Chinki LK vachi arunachal Pradesh naadi antadu.

Just now, sattipandu said:

actually why do we even need Kashmir other than for strategic armed forces perspective 

Acha alaga rivers from himalayas and india lo okavela jk tho em avasaramlekapothe pak ki icheyamantav

Just now, DaleSteyn1 said:

Acha alaga rivers from himalayas and india lo okavela jk tho em avasaramlekapothe pak ki icheyamantav

icheyyimanatam ledhu

somewhere down the line Indian Govt and armed decided to have this fight go on for Kashmir , may be all the reason India has going for it are justfied

but are they quantified? for what anedhi teslukundamani

i get it ,kashmir is India's head, it is our atoot ang etc etc