Windows Exp to Linux environment ki move avvadaniki

Spartan

21 minutes ago, IsmileBhai said:

I

Brother , I am in a similar boat.. Any tutorials where i can start off learning Linux administration ?

brother, internet mothham tutorials ae kadha.

3 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

what exactly do you want to accomplish as a sysadmin? The thing is, learning your way around the system itself makes you a good sysadmin.

May be installing Gentoo is a good start. After that, may be explore installing softwares in different parts of the system. Giving and taking away rights for particular users of the system for that software. 

try tinkering with virtualization programs.

installing webserver is too easy these days. But in gentoo, you will have to compile them all from source. So that's going to teach you something. etc.

I use BSD. Not linux. 

+1  Virtualisation side more focus cheddam ani.

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

+1  Virtualisation side more focus cheddam ani.

Last month i was trying glusterFS cluster installation man... Adi endo oka sari soodu emaina interest osthundi emo neek

2 minutes ago, k2s said:

Last month i was trying glusterFS cluster installation man... Adi endo oka sari soodu emaina interest osthundi emo neek

hmm, looks like more of Storage solution kada..

7 minutes ago, IsmileBhai said:

Thanks Brother. There are too many videos. I am not sure what is the correct sequence. Every tutorial is topic wise. I am looking for start to end type of tutorials with proper process. Doesnt have to be advanced . Thank you in advance

forget videos brother.

get some coffee, and sit and read the manual. You can thank yourself for your patience later.

start with installation, this will teach you how to organize your disks, identify and label partitions, etc.

Then a few system monitoring and management tools, etc.

Then network admin tools.

I think there's an Ubuntu clone created for network admins itself. Kali Linux. Its got tons of network tools. Its funny though.

but I suggest you pick any linux OS that has good documentation. Ubuntu, Arch, debian, gentoo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

forget videos brother.

get some coffee, and sit and read the manual. You can thank yourself for your patience later.

start with installation, this will teach you how to organize your disks, identify and label partitions, etc.

Then a few system monitoring and management tools, etc.

Then network admin tools.

I think there's an Ubuntu clone created for network admins itself. Kali Linux. Its got tons of network tools. Its funny though.

but I suggest you pick any linux OS that has good documentation. Ubuntu, Arch, debian, gentoo.

Thank you

TS...what areas in Linux are you looking to get more hands on??....I thk windows powershell has made windows OS awesome...you can do pretty much just like bash shell.....so since you are pretty good in windows interms managing an environment.....you do similar stuff in  *nix platform....let me know what specifics you are looking for.....

4 minutes ago, dkchinnari said:

docker 2-3 yrs lo chala popular avuthadhi emo :D by bye vmware

1 minute ago, maverick23 said:

TS...what areas in Linux are you looking to get more hands on??....I thk windows powershell has made windows OS awesome...you can do pretty much just like bash shell.....so since you are pretty good in windows interms managing an environment.....you do similar stuff in  *nix platform....let me know what specifics you are looking for.....

Windows 2016 lo... Container system enable chesadu similar to Docker stuff.

But i deal both with infrastructure and Code (Web Services and other API's). which shouldnt be more Platform specific..going forwards.

Linux lo container system side nerchukovali ani idea.

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Windows 2016 lo... Container system enable chesadu similar to Docker stuff.

But i deal both with infrastructure and Code (Web Services and other API's). which shouldnt be more Platform specific..going forwards.

Linux lo container system side nerchukovali ani idea.

Brother...PAAS takes care of that in Linux box....follow this and bookmark this site...very useful....http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2016/02/docker-machine-create-generic/

1 minute ago, k2s said:

Common storage for a whole cluster in linux based. Which was not there previously

but we end up using cloud storage right most of the times.