Only Telangana laddu for khairatabad ganesh

solman

No more Tapeswaram laddu for Khairatabad Ganesha

Hyderabad: The tallest Ganesha idol of the twin states in Khairatabad will no longer have a jumbo laddu prepared in Andhra Pradesh. Instead a local vendor will be asked to prepare the gigantic laddu, authorities said on Friday.

For the past five years, the 58-feet high Ganesha used to get a jumbo laddu from East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. PVVS Mallikharjuna Rao alias Malli Babu, owner of Suruchi foods in Tapeswaram, used to sponsor this mega laddu at a free of cost.

The Khairatabad jumbo laddu has its significance on the similar lines of Balapur laddu with thousands of devotees gathering every year to have 'laddu prasadam', which is distributed by the Ganesh Utsav Committee, Khairatabad amid tight police security on the immersion day.

In 2015, Malli Babu sponsored a jumbo laddu weighing around 6,000 kg (six tonnes), which proved to be difficult for the committee to control the swelling crowd and finally the laddu was looted.

"To avoid this problem, the committee has decided to stop accepting jumbo laddu from Malli Babu. We will make arrangements to prepare the laddu here itself. But the laddu would be around 5,000 kgs (five tonnes) and we will identify a reputed sweet-maker in the city," S Sudershan, founder-member, Ganesh Utsav Committee, Khairatabad told TOI.

"If any sponsor comes forward to donate the laddu either from the city or other districts in Telangana, we will accept it. But a final decision will be taken by the committee," he said. While insiders in the committee say the decision was taken to give sweet-makers in Telangana a chance, organisers could not explain how the new move would help them control crowd better, since the laddu prepared in Telangana would also weigh around five tonnes.

Malli Babu first sponsored a 500 kg laddu in 2010 and subsequently increased the laddu weight every year. In 2011, the laddu's weight went up to 2,400 kg and in 2015, he presented a 6,000 kg laddu. In 2013, a 5,000-kg laddu got spoiled due to the heavy rains and had to be immersed in Hussainsagar. Malli Babu used to spend nearly Rs 18 lakh in preparation for jumbo laddu. When TOI contacted, Malli Babu said he was crestfallen at the decision.

"Till date, there was no communication from the committee on laddu preparation. It seems, they are not going to take laddu from me. I had a strong sentiment with Khairatabad laddu, because of which my business (sweet) had doubled every year. Now, with the blessings of Khairatabad Ganesh, I have over 200 sweet shops in East Godavari district," Malli Babu said. "I will approach Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu for a jumbo laddu at Amaravati, where the new secretariat is being set up," Babu added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/No-more-Tapeswaram-laddu-for-Khairatabad-Ganesha/articleshow/52909564.cms

21 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

kairathabad ganeshudu bomma chesey artists mostly from chennai vallani kuda replace chesthey bavunnu, oh vallu andhrollu kadhu kadha aithey no change

Gp