Racial Abuse Spirals In UK Post-Brexit, Indians Among The Targets

VadaGaali

LONDON: 

More than a hundred incidents of racial abuse and hate crimes have been reported in UK since she voted to leave the European Union last week. The targets were not only Europeans but people of color, including Indians.

Only two of the cases have been filed so far with the police, the rest have been noted in social media. But the reports have been so alarming that the matter was taken up by the UK Parliament, which met for the first time after the Brexit vote on Monday.

Calling it "a matter of great shame," Prime Minister David Cameron said, "I want to tell the people from EU living here and our Brits living in the EU, that these incidents will be tackled severely."

Sharing his humiliating experience, Nikhil Pandhi, a student from Oxford University, said a group of Britons had targeted him at Lisbon airport's immigration counter.

It was June 24, the night of counting after the referendum and the topic under discussion was Brexit, he said.

"One of the men asked me where I was from," he said. When he replied "India", the man snatched his passport and the biometric proof of residence in UK. "I was sporting a beard in that picture, which was taken 2 years ago. He remarked, 'You look like a terrorist'."

"Until now, I did not think the UK is a racist country. I've lived here for 2 years, but after this, I see it as a larger issue," he said.

In Cambridgeshire, some homes had put up signs saying, "Leave the EU, no more Polish vermin".  The Polish embassy has reacted with a letter to the Prime Minister's office, expressing concern over the hate messages.

Investigations are on to check whether the attacks occurred earlier and are being reported now after the Brexit vote.

"I want to urge the Prime Minister to take the strictest possible action against those who have made these racist abuses and attacks," said Leader of the Labour Party and Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn.  

London's Mayor Sadiq Khan has asked the police to be vigilant about racist attacks. Citizens have been advised to report incidents to the police.

On Saturday, July 2, Londoners will pack the city's iconic Trafalgar Square with a message of togetherness.

Source: ndtv.com

Dantlo 

2 hours ago, VadaGaali said:

"One of the men asked me where I was from," he said. When he replied "India", the man snatched his passport and the biometric proof of residence in UK. "I was sporting a beard in that picture, which was taken 2 years ago. He remarked, 'You look like a terrorist'."

"Until now, I did not think the UK is a racist country. I've lived here for 2 years, but after this, I see it as a larger issue," he said.

Daantlo peddaga Shock iyedemundi....UK was always a Racist country and it will be....I have seen much worse than what mentioned above.

16 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Expect more of this here once Trump gets elected. 

ippudu kuda jarugtunnay... Trump vaste inka india demgeyyyatame

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Expect more of this here once Trump gets elected. 

If you live in white sh*t country side , it will definitely happen but not in big cities like NYC . check this 

just now, on my way to work, a man got on my train yelling as he came onto an incredibly packed train for the "two terrorist foreigners to go back to where theycame from." These two "terrorist foreigners" were two (understandably terrified) hijabi Muslim women. Before I could say anything, the entire train erupted in anger. A black man, a Romanian, a gay man, a bunch of Asians, and a score of others came to their defense demanding that this man leave these women alone and get off this train. The man insisted that the two women go back home and take their bombs with them.

After some back and forth, one man said, "This is New York City. The most diverse place in the world. And in New York, we protect our own and we don't give a fuck what anyone looks like or who they love, or any of those things. It's time for you to leave these women alone, Sir."

I couldn't have said it better. Sure enough, our train was stopped. This royal douche got off the train to the sound of cheering.

I say all this to say that in light of all the bad happening around us, remember that there's so much good and so much love.

I'm late to work, but it was for the best reason.

3 minutes ago, stockdazzler said:

If you live in white sh*t country side , it will definitely happen but not in big cities like NYC . check this 

just now, on my way to work, a man got on my train yelling as he came onto an incredibly packed train for the "two terrorist foreigners to go back to where theycame from." These two "terrorist foreigners" were two (understandably terrified) hijabi Muslim women. Before I could say anything, the entire train erupted in anger. A black man, a Romanian, a gay man, a bunch of Asians, and a score of others came to their defense demanding that this man leave these women alone and get off this train. The man insisted that the two women go back home and take their bombs with them.

After some back and forth, one man said, "This is New York City. The most diverse place in the world. And in New York, we protect our own and we don't give a fuck what anyone looks like or who they love, or any of those things. It's time for you to leave these women alone, Sir."

I couldn't have said it better. Sure enough, our train was stopped. This royal douche got off the train to the sound of cheering.

I say all this to say that in light of all the bad happening around us, remember that there's so much good and so much love.

I'm late to work, but it was for the best reason.

NYC isn't the whole of USA

3 hours ago, VadaGaali said:

LONDON: 

More than a hundred incidents of racial abuse and hate crimes have been reported in UK since she voted to leave the European Union last week. The targets were not only Europeans but people of color, including Indians.

Only two of the cases have been filed so far with the police, the rest have been noted in social media. But the reports have been so alarming that the matter was taken up by the UK Parliament, which met for the first time after the Brexit vote on Monday.

Calling it "a matter of great shame," Prime Minister David Cameron said, "I want to tell the people from EU living here and our Brits living in the EU, that these incidents will be tackled severely."

Sharing his humiliating experience, Nikhil Pandhi, a student from Oxford University, said a group of Britons had targeted him at Lisbon airport's immigration counter.

It was June 24, the night of counting after the referendum and the topic under discussion was Brexit, he said.

In Cambridgeshire, some homes had put up signs saying, "Leave the EU, no more Polish vermin".  The Polish embassy has reacted with a letter to the Prime Minister's office, expressing concern over the hate messages.

Investigations are on to check whether the attacks occurred earlier and are being reported now after the Brexit vote.

"I want to urge the Prime Minister to take the strictest possible action against those who have made these racist abuses and attacks," said Leader of the Labour Party and Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn.  

London's Mayor Sadiq Khan has asked the police to be vigilant about racist attacks. Citizens have been advised to report incidents to the police.

On Saturday, July 2, Londoners will pack the city's iconic Trafalgar Square with a message of togetherness.

Source: ndtv.com

Inko  konni rojullo akkadi thuduka vallu vallani ela treat chestharu chudandi.. Already London mayor thuduka

12 minutes ago, TechAdvice said:

Inko  konni rojullo akkadi thuduka vallu vallani ela treat chestharu chudandi.. Already London mayor thuduka

vallanu lepeste oka pani ayipodhi

ayindha start ayindha, inkendhi kuttuku savandi, Ikkada trump thatha osthey kuda antey situation untadhi already thellolu antha waiting eppudu thanni tharimedhama ani ...