Murray vs Tsonga

VizagRocks

Looks like they are playing for some charity. Totally unserious efforts from both players.

It pains me to support a Scot over a French guy. But Murray is just too awesome. Just not today. But still enough to get past Tsonga.

The courts do seem to be more slippery than in the past few years. Thanks much to Nadal's absence.

But the players seem to be having a tough time finding their rhythm.

Fed vs Murray final will be epic. At the end of which Fed will cry and complain that Murray is playing negative tennis @3$%

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• Feelingbad

• yomama

• Rocky143

9 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Looks like they are playing for some charity. Totally unserious efforts from both players.

It pains me to support a Scot over a French guy. But Murray is just too awesome. Just not today. But still enough to get past Tsonga.

The courts do seem to be more slippery than in the past few years. Thanks much to Nadal's absence.

But the players seem to be having a tough time finding their rhythm.

Fed vs Murray final will be epic. At the end of which Fed will cry and complain that Murray is playing negative tennis @3$%

Looks like you are a hardcore fan if murray.. You do know thie h2h stats right.. Especially in grand slams. And they call wimbledon The house of Federer. Federer is a proven legend and is still a great player at age 34. Murray is a great player but not a legendary player like Federer. Fedex was unbeatable in his prime where as Murray is struggling throughout his career.. Nobody was in Rank 1 for such a long time like Federer did after open era. 

Murray was beaten up by Djoker , nadal and Federer in almost all the finals if he managed to come to finals at all..

and how many grand slams does Murray own? Right.. And you are comparing him with Federer.. 

No offense to Murray. He is a good player but don't compare him with Federer and don't cry later when you are trolled.. 

8 minutes ago, kattularattayya2 said:

Looks like you are a hardcore fan if murray.. You do know thie h2h stats right.. Especially in grand slams. And they call wimbledon The house of Federer. Federer is a proven legend and is still a great player at age 34. Murray is a great player but not a legendary player like Federer. Fedex was unbeatable in his prime where as Murray is struggling throughout his career.. Nobody was in Rank 1 for such a long time like Federer did after open era. 

Murray was beaten up by Djoker , nadal and Federer in almost all the finals if he managed to come to finals at all..

and how many grand slams does Murray own? Right.. And you are comparing him with Federer.. 

No offense to Murray. He is a good player but don't compare him with Federer and don't cry later when you are trolled.. 

may be you are new to following tennis. Federer is legendary for being a sore loser. He said exactly the same thing, that I mentioned about Murray, when he lost to him some 6yrs ago. Murray was laughing at him, and responded that not everyone has to learn to play tennis like he does. with his regular brit wit.

I love Federer much more compared to Murray. Much much more. But at the moment, Murray is just too good. Though today he's playing like crap. Don't think Federer can hurt him.

If I am fan of somebody. It is Kuerten (former player). current Gasquet, Thiem, Wawrinka, etc. Murray, for me is the best most complete tennis player ever.. That Fed won a lot more slams is immaterial.

The way Murray changes pace of his shots, shifts tactics midway in a match, plays from the back and at the net with similar comfort (much greater than Fed), is what attracts me to his game.

my senti favourite will always remain Gasquet.

And Murray's serve is deadly too.. like many other top players on tour these days. He ticks all boxes for being the most complete player ever.

1 minute ago, VizagRocks said:

may be you are new to following tennis. Federer is legendary for being a sore loser. He said exactly the same thing, that I mentioned about Murray, when he lost to him some 6yrs ago. Murray was laughing at him, and responded that not everyone has to learn to play tennis like he does. with his regular brit wit.

I love Federer much more compared to Murray. Much much more. But at the moment, Murray is just too good. Though today he's playing like crap. Don't think Federer can hurt him.

If I am fan of somebody. It is Kuerten (former player). current Gasquet, Thiem, Wawrinka, etc. Murray, for me is the best most complete tennis player ever.. That Fed won a lot more slams is immaterial.

The way Murray changes pace of his shots, shifts tactics midway in a match, plays from the back and at the net with similar comfort (much greater than Fed), is what attracts me to his game.

1. Sounds ambiguous..

2. Is Murray good at forehand because most of his forehand plays often lands short..!!

And How about Murray defeating Fedex on big stages? Looks like he doesn't have that resilience playing against Fedex, Joker and Nadal..!!

4 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

1. Sounds ambiguous..

2. Is Murray good at forehand because most of his forehand plays often lands short..!!

And How about Murray defeating Fedex on big stages? Looks like he doesn't have that resilience playing against Fedex, Joker and Nadal..!!

why ambiguous? It looks like both players are having trouble judging the ball bounce today. But he has been playing well this year, for the most part.

His stock forehand is crappy. Definitely not top 10 level. But he can rip it on the run, or when pushed into a corner, or whenever he wants to go for a winner. Even with the kind of crappy forehand, he can work his opponent around. What is awesome about him is, his imaginative tennis. The kind I've only seen Fed play at his prime, and Nalbandian for a short while in mid 2000s. His court awareness is just amazing.

Murray has a decent everything, with an extraordinary tennis brain. I wish Gasquet was half as smart. he would have won atleast one grand slam :(

I doubt there's a player in the current tour who's as comfortable at the net, and from the back as Murray is. Not even Fed. Fed is mostly a baseline player.

ofcourse you are right. These guys like Nalbandian, Bruguera etc, they all have their moment in the sun, but fizzle out. I don't know why. I understand its more important to have staying power like Fed, Djoke, Nadal, and win even on bad days, but that is not what I watch tennis for. I watch it for the sheer joy of two people pitting themselves against each other, and making split second decisions on how to make their play for a particular point, and for the whole match.

At this moment, I think Murray is the guy who has the most tricks up his sleeve in such games. He may lose, he may lose without even trying, and whine on court, but when he does try, its just awesome to watch it. Thats all.

37 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

1. Sounds ambiguous..

I think perfectt counterpoint is Djok vs Nadal matches. Both men grinding away without creating too many chances for each other. Making me hate the day I started to watch tennis itself.

Even Fed vs Nadal is predictable. Fed vs Djok is awesome to watch though. atleast used to be, when Federer could still make his shots without netting it too often..

Fed vs Murray is just another level of awesome. Unless Murray plays like an asshole just to piss off Federer. @3$%

21 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

why ambiguous? It looks like both players are having trouble judging the ball bounce today. But he has been playing well this year, for the most part.

His stock forehand is crappy. Definitely not top 10 level. But he can rip it on the run, or when pushed into a corner, or whenever he wants to go for a winner. Even with the kind of crappy forehand, he can work his opponent around. What is awesome about him is, his imaginative tennis. The kind I've only seen Fed play at his prime, and Nalbandian for a short while in mid 2000s. His court awareness is just amazing.

Murray has a decent everything, with an extraordinary tennis brain. I wish Gasquet was half as smart. he would have won atleast one grand slam :(

I doubt there's a player in the current tour who's as comfortable at the net, and from the back as Murray is. Not even Fed. Fed is mostly a baseline player.

ofcourse you are right. These guys like Nalbandian, Bruguera etc, they all have their moment in the sun, but fizzle out. I don't know why. I understand its more important to have staying power like Fed, Djoke, Nadal, and win even on bad days, but that is not what I watch tennis for. I watch it for the sheer joy of two people pitting themselves against each other, and making split second decisions on how to make their play for a particular point, and for the whole match.

At this moment, I think Murray is the guy who has the most tricks up his sleeve in such games. He may lose, he may lose without even trying, and whine on court, but when he does try, its just awesome to watch it. Thats all.

Well suit yourself and bang on your big O chest. You say you are a fedex fan but never saw anything positive in your post on Fedex.

All I can say is you are just trying to make Murray a big thing for people who don't watch tennis here.

Who watch tennis obviously knows who is the greatest. You are just saying Murray is in great shape now. Guess what!! Federer was unbeatable and emperor of tennis for years. Murray isn't in no 1 for a month. Tennis is a gentleman game. You said that Murray laughed at Federer for whatever Federer said. I wanna watch that video or post. You think you can get that?

You know what, Make a poll and see who is the best player. 

1 hour ago, VizagRocks said:

cvvQ2J.gif proves your comprehension on so many levels, parenting done the right way

3 minutes ago, kattularattayya2 said:

Well suit yourself and bang on your big O chest. You say you are a fedex fan but never saw anything positive in your post on Fedex.

All I can say is you are just trying to make Murray a big thing for people who don't watch tennis here.

Who watch tennis obviously knows who is the greatest. You are just saying Murray is in great shape now. Guess what!! Federer was unbeatable and emperor of tennis for years. Murray isn't in no 1 for a month. Tennis is a gentleman game. You said that Murray laughed at Federer for whatever Federer said. I wanna watch that video or post. You think you can get that?

You know what, Make a poll and see who is the best player. 

cvvQ2J.gif you are sparring with db elite keyboard warrior, choose your next words carefully as i see an imminent "You are a Moron" comment in the pipe or it doesnt even matter mostly.

1 hour ago, VizagRocks said:

Did u see Wawrinka Vs Del Potro?   I dont think Wawrinka is in the same league as Djoker or Murray. Porbably lucky to win the only  French open

1 minute ago, yomama said:

cvvQ2J.gif you are sparring with db elite keyboard warrior, choose your next words carefully as i see an imminent "You are a Moron" comment in the pipe or it doesnt even matter mostly.

Lol.. Endo Murray ki Englishman ye hardcore fans anukunna.. He looks like the first non English fan I saw. 

More grand slams win ayite lekka kaadu antaadu endo..

Just now, kattularattayya2 said:

Lol.. Endo Murray ki Englishman ye hardcore fans anukunna.. He looks like the first non English fan I saw. 

More grand slams win ayite lekka kaadu antaadu endo..

there are dogs and there is narsicvvQ2J.gif FYI : 10 dogs committed suicide to disagree with this comment :(