Working on a POC right now... db2/sql help

allaripidugu

I am working on POC for a data refresh job. I need to write a job which finds structural differences between tables from one environment to another environment and changes in strored procedures from one environment to another environment. I am working on db2 database please help me out on how to do this.

SELECT colname, colno, typeschema, typename FROM syscat.columns WHERE tabname = 'tab1' AND tabschema = 'schema'
  EXCEPT
  SELECT colname, colno, typeschema, typename FROM syscat.columns WHERE tabname = 'tab2' AND tabschema = 'schema'

this will give u columns frm tabl1 tht are not in table2

21 hours ago, 150bryant said:

structural differences antey enti?

ey type of data? health finance etc? wat is a POC?

Finance bhayya.

21 hours ago, 150bryant said:

SELECT colname, colno, typeschema, typename FROM syscat.columns WHERE tabname = 'tab1' AND tabschema = 'schema'
  EXCEPT
  SELECT colname, colno, typeschema, typename FROM syscat.columns WHERE tabname = 'tab2' AND tabschema = 'schema'

this will give u columns frm tabl1 tht are not in table2

Thank you maaya actually ninna stack overflow lo post chesthe similar solution dorkindhi. I will query syscat.columns in server1 and export it to a file and SFTP the file to  server2, load the SFTP ed file into a temporary table in server2 and comapre to syscat,columns in the server2.