Job offer in Brea (Los Angeles), CA - Suggestions please.

swimsnoon

Mercury insurance lo job offer vachindhi. Location is Brea, CA. Evarina work chesthunnara? Company, work ela untadhi?

125K offer chesadu. Brea area ela untadhi? Rentals, expenses and location. Is 125 good for Brea area? 

Edit: 130K was offered with no signup or relocation. 

Thanks. 

Edited by swimsnoon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loveindia

• swimsnoon

• vizagpower

• perugu_vada

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, swimsnoon said:

Mercury insurance lo job offer vachindhi. Location is Brea, CA. Evarina work chesthunnara? Company, work ela untadhi?

125K offer chesadu. Brea area ela untadhi? Rentals, expenses and location. Is 125 good for Brea area? 

Thanks. 

Looks good.. rents are also better.

Do you have family , kids, school etc.,

Insurance field kabatti I don't think any stocks... 125 Base salary aa or total package aa?? Annual hike enta? Yearly bonus enta? 401k enta man?

if base is 125K and single (very very good), total package is 125K + annual hike (atleast 3%) (Still good)

if base is 125K and family (not great but still good, maa friend DBA he started with 125K Married in Bay Area... now 135+ in 2 years which is reasonably good. 

signon or relocation adugu if poosible you want to stay in there for longer periods... usually insurance fields is the best bet because recession laantivi undav aa field lo man...

Family with a newborn. So no issues about school for now. I'm currently in Chicago area. I've been working as a contractor and the client here wants me to get on-board as a FTE!

Downsides of this offer is, I now pretty much make the same salary as this full time offer and have to redo my GC process! So debating myself if I should go to Brea or stay in Chicago.

3 minutes ago, swimsnoon said:

Family with a newborn. So no issues about school for now. I'm currently in Chicago area. I've been working as a contractor and the client here wants me to get on-board as a FTE!

Downsides of this offer is, I now pretty much make the same salary as this full time offer and have to redo my GC process! So debating myself if I should go to Brea or stay in Chicago.

If its the same client tell them you have somethings to care of from the place man... It will be a great difference in terms of rent from Chicago suburbs to CA. If you are in downtown, its a different case again. If the client is interested in you much, there will be no questions in keeping you in chicago... and talk to your employer, if your 140 is approved, retain it and get the same date... if not switch now, is the best time... future no one knows.... with kid FT is best, nenu andukey marriage ayyaka took Fulltime but in my case 140 is approved... again it depends totally on what your plans are...

12 minutes ago, loveindia said:

Insurance field kabatti I don't think any stocks... 125 Base salary aa or total package aa?? Annual hike enta? Yearly bonus enta? 401k enta man?

if base is 125K and single (very very good), total package is 125K + annual hike (atleast 3%) (Still good)

if base is 125K and family (not great but still good, maa friend DBA he started with 125K Married in Bay Area... now 135+ in 2 years which is reasonably good. 

signon or relocation adugu if poosible you want to stay in there for longer periods... usually insurance fields is the best bet because recession laantivi undav aa field lo man...

I've got a family dude.

125K is the base salrary, 10% varying bonus, 401K is 3.5%. There is one more fixed bonus 4%. Their health insurance is not great. 650 for family per month. Not sure on annual hike, but I'll check. I'm negotiating to 130K. He is going to update me by EOD. My current project as a contractor is a big insurance company too. 

2 minutes ago, swimsnoon said:

I've got a family dude.

125K is the base salrary, 10% varying bonus, 401K is 3.5%. There is one more fixed bonus 4%. Their health insurance is not great. 650 for family per month. Not sure on annual hike, but I'll check. I'm negotiating to 130K. He is going to update me by EOD. My current project as a contractor is a big insurance company too. 

chicago lo big insurance company antey BCBS aa man... varying bonus is different, no one knows...  125k ki 130 ki pedda difference em raadu nee pay check lo, insurance ki if you are paying more than 200 dollars per paycheck its a ripoff man... 

1 minute ago, loveindia said:

chicago lo big insurance company antey BCBS aa man... varying bonus is different, no one knows...  125k ki 130 ki pedda difference em raadu nee pay check lo, insurance ki if you are paying more than 200 dollars per paycheck its a ripoff man... 

bro im trying to drop a temp table inside a stored proc , but still keep getting item #temp already exists ani  , any idea ????

10 minutes ago, loveindia said:

If its the same client tell them you have somethings to care of from the place man... It will be a great difference in terms of rent from Chicago suburbs to CA. If you are in downtown, its a different case again. If the client is interested in you much, there will be no questions in keeping you in chicago... and talk to your employer, if your 140 is approved, retain it and get the same date... if not switch now, is the best time... future no one knows.... with kid FT is best, nenu andukey marriage ayyaka took Fulltime but in my case 140 is approved... again it depends totally on what your plans are...

Thanks for the replies man : )

Yea, my 140 was approved 3 years back. Office is in downtown Chicago but I am currently working remotely, this won't be the case if I get on FTE. My employer is good in everything but a real a-hole when it comes to non-compete agreement. He is going to revoke my I140 for sure if I accept FT in Chicago and might even threaten to file a lawsuit too! He is cool if I go some place else!!

1 minute ago, vizagpower said:

bro im trying to drop a temp table inside a stored proc , but still keep getting item #temp already exists ani  , any idea ????

is there a cursor inside or something or you using if exists(SELECT 1 from tempdb..name)DROP or direct drop statement man....

is there a cursor inside or something or you using if exists(SELECT 1 from tempdb..name)DROP or direct drop statement man....

im using it inside a cte 

Select * Into #Imagegen_Temp From  ResetImageGenFlag_CTE  --- File reads with Max DateEND
  Where  Rnk =1

then droping the table  using

drop table Imagegen_Temp

1 minute ago, vizagpower said:

im using it inside a cte 

Select * Into #Imagegen_Temp From  ResetImageGenFlag_CTE  --- File reads with Max DateEND
  Where  Rnk =1

then droping the table  using

drop table Imagegen_Temp

Why are you using a temp table creation inside a cte... ??? Then what is the use of CTE man???? confused...

Why are you using a temp table creation inside a cte... ??? Then what is the use of CTE man???? confused...

im pulling all the rows with rank = 1 in a temp table

can i pm you the code??

6 minutes ago, loveindia said:

Totally. It's a ripoff! I'm taking 125+4% into account, which puts me at 130K. That is what making me think if I should stay put or go to CA and start the messy process from scratch for 130!