Indian Air Force Flight Missing....................

Phakija

One More flight gone missing...................... This time from India............................

Plane carrying 29 people from Chennai to Port Blair.............

Hope we get all people secured................silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1silent_I1

New Delhi: An Indian Air Force (IAF) AN-32 plane with 29 on board is missing after it took off from Chennai this morning.

The plane took off from the Tambaram air base near Chennai a little after 8 am and was heading for Port Blair and was to have landed around 11.20 am.

Officials say the last contact with the plane, which has mostly service personnel on board, was around 15 minutes after take-off.

The plane has an emergency beacon locator, which usually gets activated if the aircraft crashes. The Navy has launched surveillance aircraft to look for the missing plane in the Bay of Bengal.

A Dornier aircraft has also been sent and four ships, Karmukh, Gharial, Jyoti and Kuthar have been diverted to the region at full speed. There are more than 100 AN-32s in service with the IAF.

dhinthalli ..........flights akkalantey ney bayam aythundhi...

balls pack chesukoni kusovali............

Indian Air Force's AN-32 Plane With 29 On Board Missing, Massive Search Ops On

Click to Play

File photo of an Indian Air Force AN-32 aircraft

NEW DELHI: 

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Indian Air Force AN-32 aircraft missing with 29 on board
  2. Navy aircraft, 4 ships sent for search ops at Bay of Bengal
  3. AN-32 plane took off from near Chennai, was heading to Port Blair

An Indian Air Force (IAF) AN-32 plane with 29 people on board is missing after it took off from Chennai on Friday morning.

The plane took off from the Tambaram air base near Chennai for Port Blair at 8.30 am. It was to have landed around 11.20 am.

"It was found missing. As of now, we will term it as overdue," said Navy spokesperson DK Sharma.

Officials say the last contact with the plane, which has mostly service personnel on board, was around 15 minutes after take-off. The plane has an emergency beacon locator, which usually gets activated if there is a crash.

A massive search operation has been launched by the air force, Navy and Coast Guard.

The Navy has launched surveillance aircraft to look for the missing plane in the Bay of Bengal. A Dornier aircraft has also been sent and four ships - Karmukh, Gharial, Jyoti and Kuthar - have been diverted to the region at full speed.

an-32-flight-map_650x400_81469179052.jpg

A massive search is on for the missing AN-32 aircraft of the Indian Air Force

The plane was on a courier flight, officials say.

There are more than 100 Russian-made AN-32s in service with the IAF. It is an aircraft that can fly for up to four hours without refueling.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indian-air-force-plane-with-over-25-on-board-goes-missing-1434708?pfrom=home-lateststories

The AN-32 aircraft had reported the following snags recently 

July 14 - Pressure leak port door 
July 7 - Hydraulic Leak port wing root 
July2 - Throttle movement sluggish