what tech are you perfect at?

yomama

3 minutes ago, yomama said:

easy uncle github , aunu source code management ki use chestaru, oke project lo oke fiile mida multiple devs work chesi on the fly oke file ki update chestaru , very easy sw nuv just oka 15 mins e video chudu antena antav

Kool man..Nen back in 2012 lo github use chesa man..Malla use cheyale man

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yomama

• Quickgun_murugan

• tennisluvr

• Batman_fan

github account enduk undali??? lifted from internet please read it

I have a friend who lives on the West Coast and has been thinking about moving to New York. He has a solid resume that speaks in lengths about the many years of his exceptional software career in the depths of the Enterprise. He wants to press the reset button, learn Ruby or Python and find a job with some web scale. At some point I advised him to get a Github account. Turned out that all the jobs he had been considering were already asking for it! Increasingly companies are asking to see a Github account, followed by references. A resume has become nothing more than a formality to weed out people flipping jobs too often.

Github enables individuals and organizations to create projects, fork them and to contribute source code to the forks without approval or oversight from the original authors. Changes can be committed locally, pulled to the parent repository with a code review. Anyone can comment on any single line of code or a pull request. You can use your fork immediately in your project. Github removed the remaining barriers around open-source collaboration and elegantly enabled private repositories for a fee.

Github is your new resume. Here’s how to make the best of it.

College and Personal Projects

If you don’t have a website, tech blog or any kind of useful online presence, Github lets you create yourname.github.com. Create an account and hit that address. Add a simple page that lists your projects. If you’re in college, those can be your current school assignments that currently live on your hard drive: move everything to Github, learn to use version control, push changes and collaborate with your classmates. These are essential skills in the industry and by the time you earn a degree, potential employers will not only hear about your school work during interviews, but will be able to see the code and dig though your commit history. Here’s mmcnierney14’s Github, he’s studying CS at Dartmouth.

If you have been coding for a long time, you might want to do the same with your old source and for all personal projects. I used to run my own Subversion server and was really happy to get rid of it, moving years worth of commit history to Github in a few clicks. Admittedly it’s a bit nostalgic to see my 15 y/o implementation of yet another C++ String on Github, accompanied by many face-to-palm moments.

Your First Job

Your first job should be at an organization that embraces open-source and lets you contribute to existing projects. Other companies simply don’t deserve you.

Maybe your new team even uses Github as the source code repository! We do. It’s the default choice for Ruby on Rails projects, since the vast majority of open-source Ruby libraries live on Github. Other ecosystems are migrating at a rapid rate, so you’ll inevitably find yourself in a situation of needing to make a patch to a third party library. Java? We just migrated Java Native Access (JNA) from Java.net to Github.

Make Github Your Biggest Asset

And it only gets better with time. Here’s what I look for in a candidate’s Github account, with some examples from my team and friends.

1. Recent, meaningful commits. I particularly like small incremental features or fixes with good code and tests, accepted into someone else’s open-source repositories.Here’s an example of sarcilav’s simple fix for a failing test in mongoid-history.
  2. Your own projects. I always pay attention to good documentation and high quality code. I read through closed pull requests and try to identify positive interactions with external contributors. Here’s a great example from aaw, known to spend extra time writing good documentation.
  3. Account depth and width. I want to find how and when your got started on Github and how you’ve used it since. Experienced people have diverse Github repositories and evolving technology patterns. For example hij1nx has done quite a bit of heavy-lifting around JavaScript and Node.js.
  4. Forking consistency. Usually developers fork projects to make changes in them. You can’t see private repositories, but the kind of public projects forked often tell interesting stories about them. For example, gib clearly is forking and contributing to something related to his day-to-day job at art.sy – backbone.js or jammit.

So do yourself a favor and move to Github! Your open-source contributions will play in your favor.

things you need to start learning ruby:

text editor , it can be any good text editor am using sublime text : reason is it supports almost all the languages and color code everything. easy to switch between files and code.

next ruby, rails have to be installed on your machine. 

how to install them got to ruby org website and follow the instructions. once installed terminal ki velli oka sari version check cheyandi.

ruby -v is the command 2.0 tarvata ye version aina okay but current stable version is 2.3.1

14 minutes ago, ronitreddy said:

sakkaga osthe ekkadaina settle avvochu man..em rakunda annitlo velu pedithe INDIA lo kuda settle kalemu ani Accuman vuncle cheppindu man

@3$% em rakunda anitlo velu pettina okay kani epdu proxies job supports parties castes religions politics ani kottukuntunte we will be left behind eventually 

3 hours ago, CricPokChic said:

I am not perfect or dont even know the basics of any of the technologies...I am just going to apice ,acting as if I know everything ,taking support if needed....and repeating this....This is my life and most of others too........

*=:

Expertise anedi emi ledu nijam cheppalantey. There's a lot of complexity in each domain that needs to be studied in depth to be an expert. To be fair and honest I don't see myself doing an IT job for the rest of my life so I don't have the flair or passion to be in it for the long run. 

Edo temporarily bandi nadapali kabatti I do a decent enough job just to be able to do my day to day tasks. I admire people that have a deep yearning to learn a lot of complex technical stuff but that's not me. But when it comes to reading about multiple things, remembering a lot of things and recall I am a master at that. I can read things very fast, comprehend them and recall them for the most part when needed. 

I have never been able to make use of that skill in my life so far to achieve success so I don't know if it has a place or use in the modern day world. But I hope to do better going ahead, planning for it. 

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Expertise anedi emi ledu nijam cheppalantey. There's a lot of complexity in each domain that needs to be studied in depth to be an expert. To be fair and honest I don't see myself doing an IT job for the rest of my life so I don't have the flair or passion to be in it for the long run. 

Edo temporarily bandi nadapali kabatti I do a decent enough job just to be able to do my day to day tasks. I admire people that have a deep yearning to learn a lot of complex technical stuff but that's not me. But when it comes to reading about multiple things, remembering a lot of things and recall I am a master at that. I can read things very fast, comprehend them and recall them for the most part when needed. 

I have never been able to make use of that skill in my life so far to achieve success so I don't know if it has a place or use in the modern day world. But I hope to do better going ahead, planning for it. 

Bro... Your content most of the times is pretty factual 

3 minutes ago, Barney_Stinson said:

Bro... Your content most of the times is pretty factual 

Thanks bro, it's just sad that I have not much passion for what I do though no matter how much I try. I guess not everyone is cut out to be a Software Engineer, I have mostly been able to do okay at most things in life so far but I wish I had a desire to do something real bad.

Like a burning desire, still searching for it at an age of 32 :D