Laid off - suggestion please

Batman_fan

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

Bhayyas

Eh friday nanu lay off chestunaru ani talk with 2 weeks notice. Nadi small consulting/managed services company. Nenu join apudu na client ni valaku direct client chesanu. Client 100$ pay chestunadu as it is not pure development for last 2 years. Eh year renewal apudu ma vadu 150 per hour adigadu. Pressure from investors to generate more revenue from each account anta. 110 ki Negotiation work out avala so client dobbey anadu ma employer ni. So nanu layoff chestunaru.  Client matram we will help you and work with any other vendor you choose to go anadu for next 1 to 1.5 years. So 2 options

1. Move to desi vendor and link this client- visa stamping risk. False promises. Still can get 75-80%. Comes to 150K min. Employer is relative.

2. Move to startup and link this client - American. Analytics firms start chesadu. Yale graduate. He wants me to be his partner and run my tech. He is my prior boss. 120K base

PS: Money is not everything. I am also doing MBA PT so cannot take too many risks but love to be entrepreneurial. 

Dude,

1. if you find a good employer then option 1 is very good. You will not have any problem with stamping as your employer will be working directly with client. No layers.

2. Unless you completely understand the business model and have very strong gut feeling that the start up will pay off in future don't go for it. Since you are also doing MBA you might have an understanding of the financial standing of the startup and only u can make a decision whether the product and company will make money or not.

Good Luck

Option 1 is Ok if you want to go for desi emp

Option 2 Manchi startup click aindi anuko...nee disha maaripothadi partnership antunav kaabatti...still you can give it a try...

41 minutes ago, 150bryant said:

rapport is what you should consider...with your new employer( who ever its going to be)

Desi emp antunav..how comfortable are you with him? wat about GC and stuff? relative antunav...he should give you 90%..why 80-75%?you are bringing business and a client to him. that is huge. 

American - new analytics company antunav? is he ok supporting for GC and stuff? 120K base is ok..wat about bonus?  you are linkin this client to him.. he wants you to be partner..this only means..if it is successful you might reap more benefits than you do today.. 

you have your answers if you analyze. you know your work the best. being entrepreneurial is 10% seeking advice..90% doing what is wise

Both ready to do GC and H1. Option 2 will provide Bonus if he gets more clients. 

40 minutes ago, samaja_varagamana said:

Dude I did not get that second option..........Neeku telsina vadu start up petadu consulting firm so nu daniki veltha antunava???

Yes

40 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Manchi desi vendor ki move avvu. Nee marketing nuvve chesukune laaga aithe, there are many good companies. Baaga ekkuva kalam nunchi okate employer tho unnaru ante aa employer decent enough ani naa feeling. 

okay. thank you

19 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

nenu already rendu options ki pros and cons cheppa......to be on safeside go with desi employer,how much rapo you hav with him anedi chala imp? relative annav kabbati he will give good percentage for you

Very close. But I am also very shy. Cannot ask anything more than reasonable. 

14 minutes ago, crazymatta said:

daily ee thread padthadhi malli mana dbians ade salahalu isthara.. endhi maaku idhi naa matta. ATB go wid desi vendor

Em chestam bhayya...inni twists tirigutayi anukola life. First nenu quit chedam anukuna.....vade lay off chestunadu ipudu. One week lo ini twists eked vundavu emo..

12 minutes ago, cnugadu said:

Dude,

1. if you find a good employer then option 1 is very good. You will not have any problem with stamping as your employer will be working directly with client. No layers.

2. Unless you completely understand the business model and have very strong gut feeling that the start up will pay off in future don't go for it. Since you are also doing MBA you might have an understanding of the financial standing of the startup and only u can make a decision whether the product and company will make money or not.

Good Luck

Thanks dude. Second option is not complete product based start up. It is services based company focusing on Analytics which is booming. That's the only positive. 

10 minutes ago, KathiRamdaas said:

Option 1 is Ok if you want to go for desi emp

Option 2 Manchi startup click aindi anuko...nee disha maaripothadi partnership antunav kaabatti...still you can give it a try...

Partnership anede confirm cheyali. He said once but need to confirm what exactly he is offering me....Thank you!

2nd option lo asalu em emi istaado cheppu thammudu... What would your share be ?

If its a base salary... I don't think you would be getting much of a share in the percentages kadha ?

Based on that we can suggest you.

I know the analytics field is growing currently but if you get a good deal with desi vendor... like an 85 15 on 100/hr... you will be making close to 180k annually.. and that is a very good deal.

19 minutes ago, killudada said:

2nd option lo asalu em emi istaado cheppu thammudu... What would your share be ?

If its a base salary... I don't think you would be getting much of a share in the percentages kadha ?

Based on that we can suggest you.

I know the analytics field is growing currently but if you get a good deal with desi vendor... like an 85 15 on 100/hr... you will be making close to 180k annually.. and that is a very good deal.

Needi ee technology?

startup lo you can't own partnership and at same time H1 with same company