Anger erupts over El Cajon, Calif., shooting - malli inkokati

kiladi bullodu

Activists and multiple witnesses are outraged over the latest police-involved shooting of a black man — this time at a strip mall in suburban San Diego.

Authorities said that an African-American man in his 30s was fatally shot after he pulled an object from his pants pocket and pointed it at two police officers in a “shooting stance.” To support this claim, the El Cajon Police Department released a still frame taken from a cellphone video. They have not yet revealed what kind of object he was holding.

El Cajon shooting of black man: Still frame of confrontation from witness video.
View photos

Still frame of confrontation from witness video. (Photo: El Cajon Police Department)
More

In a Facebook live stream of the shooting’s aftermath, a woman wearing hospital scrubs, who identified herself as the deceased man’s sister, said she had called the police to help her brother.

“Oh my God, you killed my brother!” she cried. “I just called for help, and you came and killed him. I called you guys to come help, not to kill my brother!”

The bystander who posted the video to Facebook, Rumbie Mubaiwa, started the live stream by saying, “The police did it again, y’all. They shot another unarmed black person as usual. And the lady is saying she called them for help, not to kill her brother.”

Police have not yet officially named the shooting victim, but relatives have identified him to multiple news outlets, such as the New York Daily News and Al Jazeera, as Alfred Olango. His name quickly started to trend on social media.

According to what appears to be his Facebook page, Olango lived in San Diego and was a head cook at a Hooters restaurant. His page indicates he studied at San Diego Mesa College and San Diego High School and was originally from Gulu, Uganda.