PM job chese vallaki Kocchhen

bommidailu

Bhayya. 

Project manager job resp ela vuntadi . ( resume lo vi kaadhu . in real time ) 

em qualifications kaavali .. job longevity ela vuntaadi .. ?

Entha power vuntadi team meeda ?

Desi gallu PM aite vere thellollatho rapport ela vundali .. ?

I am bored of my job . want to move on to somethingnew.   

LA lo PM job fosttt kuda neeedhena....PM job agile based companies lo intrsting untundi...hectic untundi....mana desi batch ithe okkadu folloo kaaadu,,work dble ithadi weekends tho

23 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

LA lo PM job fosttt kuda neeedhena....PM job agile based companies lo intrsting untundi...hectic untundi....mana desi batch ithe okkadu folloo kaaadu,,work dble ithadi weekends tho

ledhu baa .. I dint post that . 

working in Agile as of now but as Snr Dev. 

"mana desi batch ithe okkadu folloo kaaadu,," deeni artham enti baa ?

25 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

Billling gatra ela vuntaadi ? PMP chesi job ki apply cheyotcha ? i have all round expericence in the whole life cycle of DW projects. 

5 minutes ago, bommidailu said:

agile methodology sarigga follow avvaru desi batch unna teams lo...thellollu lead chesthe follow avtaru but manollu lead cheste thusss

16 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

agile methodology sarigga follow avvaru desi batch unna teams lo...thellollu lead chesthe follow avtaru but manollu lead cheste thusss

Got it. so basically manollu tellollani handle cheyyalery antav?  I ve noticed that .

PM (Waterfall style) or Scrum Master (Agile style) in general depending on the company, team, team's skillset, etc... koncham hectic ga untundi compared to a developer.. waterfall world lo PMs ante malli multiple types untaru - Tech PMs, regular PMs, etc... PM ga unnappudu you need to be responsible and be able to handle multiple aspects of a project - resource management, time management, finance management, risk management, communication management, scope management, etc... the more you work as a PM the more you will get experience on how to handle various challenges you face while managing the above in a project..

agile model lo scrum master laga unnappudu you will still be reponsible for the above kani it will be more fast paced and your duties are more at a daily level or sprint level than at project level.. koncham work burden ekkuva untundi kani the good thing is documentation takkuva untundi in typical agile projects which is normally a time consuming process

job longevity bagane untundi as long as you are delivering results.. PM laga unnappudu one main problem is you are responsible for the entire team you are managing.. nee team lo evvaru sarigga work cheyakapoyina, you will be the first one to be questioned by upper management for slowdown/lack of deliverables.. developer laga unnapudu you are responsible for your own work only.. so PM will have more tensions in that aspect.. nee team is stellar ayithe it's fine, else managing the team and upper management's expectation will be another challenge

if your company is a company where funding is difficult to procure, every $100000 ki chaala meetings pedtaru and every 1 or 2 months nee team sustain cheyadaniki 1 or 2 weeks money beg chesukovali.. this is especially true in companies where money flow is not good

28 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

Got it. so basically manollu tellollani handle cheyyalery antav?  

5 minutes ago, compose said:

PM (Waterfall style) or Scrum Master (Agile style) in general depending on the company, team, team's skillset, etc... koncham hectic ga untundi compared to a developer.. waterfall world lo PMs ante malli multiple types untaru - Tech PMs, regular PMs, etc... PM ga unnappudu you need to be responsible and be able to handle multiple aspects of a project - resource management, time management, finance management, risk management, communication management, scope management, etc... the more you work as a PM the more you will get experience on how to handle various challenges you face while managing the above in a project..

agile model lo scrum master laga unnappudu you will still be reponsible for the above kani it will be more fast paced and your duties are more at a daily level or sprint level than at project level.. koncham work burden ekkuva untundi kani the good thing is documentation takkuva untundi in typical agile projects which is normally a time consuming process

job longevity bagane untundi as long as you are delivering results.. PM laga unnappudu one main problem is you are responsible for the entire team you are managing.. nee team lo evvaru sarigga work cheyakapoyina, you will be the first one to be questioned by upper management for slowdown/lack of deliverables.. developer laga unnapudu you are responsible for your own work only.. so PM will have more tensions in that aspect.. nee team is stellar ayithe it's fine, else managing the team and upper management's expectation will be another challenge

if your company is a company where funding is difficult to procure, every $100000 ki chaala meetings pedtaru and every 1 or 2 months nee team sustain cheyadaniki 1 or 2 weeks money beg chesukovali.. this is especially true in companies where money flow is not good

Great info ba.. Thank you. 

so responsiblity ki thaggattu billing vuntunda ?  If I want to move to a Project manager role, where do I start .?  ( I am in early thirties now) ..PMP chesi.. resume submit cheyadamemna?

35 minutes ago, bommidailu said:

Got it. so basically manollu tellollani handle cheyyalery antav?  

Great info ba.. Thank you. 

so responsiblity ki thaggattu billing vuntunda ?  If I want to move to a Project manager role, where do I start .?  ( I am in early thirties now) ..PMP chesi.. resume submit cheyadamemna?

anthe.. senior PMs will have more components to responsible.. as seniority increases, billing ekkuva avutundi.. kani most of the companies lo Tech PMs ni contract teesukuntaru and regular PMs and Scrum Masters ni FTE prefer chestharu nenu chusinantha varaku

certification unte best.. kani if you are looking to get into Agile team as a Scrum Master, only PMP saripodu.. CSM kuda cheyali.. kani PMP is a good place to start

27 minutes ago, compose said:

anthe.. senior PMs will have more components to responsible.. as seniority increases, billing ekkuva avutundi.. kani most of the companies lo Tech PMs ni contract teesukuntaru and regular PMs and Scrum Masters ni FTE prefer chestharu nenu chusinantha varaku

certification unte best.. kani if you are looking to get into Agile team as a Scrum Master, only PMP saripodu.. CSM kuda cheyali.. kani PMP is a good place to start

Thank u aunty.. nuvvu PM vaa?

CSM, PMP chesethe PM 's aipothe enkem andaru PM's , its different...it depends on what company you are working, PM's andaru same job responsibilities vundav.. depends on organization and if your company has a established PMO or individuals establishing themselves as PM's..

10 hours ago, compose said:

job longevity bagane untundi as long as you are delivering results.. PM laga unnappudu one main problem is you are responsible for the entire team you are managing.. nee team lo evvaru sari

9 hours ago, compose said:

ga work cheyakapoyina, you will be the first one to be questioned by upper management for slowdown/lack of deliverables.. developer laga unnapudu you are responsible for your own work only.. so PM will have more tensions in that aspect.. nee team is stellar ayithe it's fine, else managing the team and upper management's expectation will be another challenge

ali2_0.gif?1290172604

11 hours ago, bommidailu said:

Bhayya. 

Project manager job resp ela vuntadi . ( resume lo vi kaadhu . in real time ) 

em qualifications kaavali .. job longevity ela vuntaadi .. ?

Entha power vuntadi team meeda ?

Desi gallu PM aite vere thellollatho rapport ela vundali .. ?

I am bored of my job . want to move on to somethingnew.   

start off with scrum and pmp certifications max 3 months, for scrum its only 2 days enough, 

if u have complete knowledge of sdlc right from brd to live all stages, 

along with that u have to gain knowledge in risk management, resources planning, creating time lines, complete agile/scrum concepts, 

reporting to higher management on daily/weekly basis, complete knowledge of excel and any pmp tools, team management, risk factors, dealing with sponsors, IT owners, stake holders, creatve problem solving techniques, 

you have to sell yourself very extremely bro, the company should beleive you,, google for interview questions and answers,

every day stand ups lo you have to take the lead, let me know if u need any info....good luck