check and account # related scams

pillirevanth

E madhya below thread chusa, evaro $2000 transfer chesaru ani unknown person ki..
FYI:
http://www.andhrafriends.com/topic/697779-need-help-check-fraud/

I want to share some possible scams like this to aware you.. Also share your experience.

1. Scams through OfferUp/Craigslist etc..
2. Scams through emails.
3. Scams through Money Remittence services(Ex: xoom)

Let me explain in little detail.

Assume you post something for $100 on Craigslist or OfferUP kind of apps. Fraud chesevadu meeku phone chesi $135 offer chestadu and he will tell some bullshit story that why he is giving more amount than quoted.
He will say something like i am too far now, i will come and pick the item in next 5 days, but meanwhile in order to get hold of the item, i will transer 50% amount and rest after we met.
Once you give your account no, thats it he accomplished his task. Next hour he call you and say that, sorry i got another same deal in my neighbourhood.  Your account gets compromised as you have given your account Number.

Neethi: First of all don't be too much greedy about money. If you feel the person is genuine, then instead of sharing account no, set up a phone no on your bank account for receing tranfers and share that phone #.

2. Scams through emails.
This type of scam is most structured/organized scam. They do it in a perfect manner. First they will send emails to random people about "do you want to earn extra money????".
If you start responding them, then they will explain their business.(hurray!!! Bakraaaa dorikaadu).

Maa business US lo ledu abroad lo undi, so we sell items cheaper(I am not elaborating much, but they convince you in a very corporate way). Once the customer placed an order, we send the items to your physical address, we will notify the customer to transfer the amount to you. Once you get the amount
you go to UPS and ship the item to the customer. From what ever the amount you received from customer, deduct the postal charges and your 15% commision and send the rest of the amount through western union. In order to onboard you in our company, you have to send your SSN, DL, void check copy and address proof etc etc..

Neethi: SSN, DL, account no, addres proof inni unknown person ki pampinaaka kuda are you expecting Neethi from this.?? lol.

3. Scams through Money Remittence services(xoom)
You will get an email from sender which has xoom keywords in the address. The body of the email will look very genuine.
The body of the email will be like "In order to keep your account active, please login once". They will keep a button to redirect you to xoom(dummy). Once you click on the link it will redirect you to a dummy xoom website(you will not going to recognize if you don't look in detail). When you give your original credentials they will store those details and login to original xoom website and get you there. You will not notice any difference as you are in a original xoom website but your account is compromised. They will do the transaction later time with the credentials you shared.

Neethi: 
When you get such type of emails check the domain. Ex: [email protected]
In this example copy and paste the Domain(which is text after the @ symbol xoom-us.com) in a browser and see whether its taking you to a genuine site or not.
They will set the display name as "xoom" for their email. So it will display as "xoom" in your inbox which can mislead you.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pillirevanth said:

E madhya below thread chusa, evaro $2000 transfer chesaru ani unknown person ki..
FYI:

I want to share some possible scams like this to aware you.. Also share your experience.

2. Scams through emails.

Assume you post something for $100 on Craigslist or OfferUP kind of apps. Fraud chesevadu meeku phone chesi $135 offer chestadu and he will tell some bullshit story that why he is giving more amount than quoted.
He will say something like i am too far now, i will come and pick the item in next 5 days, but meanwhile in order to get hold of the item, i will transer 50% amount and rest after we met.
Once you give your account no, thats it he accomplished his task. Next hour he call you and say that, sorry i got another same deal in my neighbourhood.  Your account gets compromised as you have given your account Number.

Neethi: First of all don't be too much greedy about money. If you feel the person is genuine, then instead of sharing account no, set up a phone no on your bank account for receing tranfers and share that phone #.

2. Scams through emails.
This type of scam is most structured/organized scam. They do it in a perfect manner. First they will send emails to random people about "do you want to earn extra money????".
If you start responding them, then they will explain their business.(hurray!!! Bakraaaa dorikaadu).

Maa business US lo ledu abroad lo undi, so we sell items cheaper(I am not elaborating much, but they convince you in a very corporate way). Once the customer placed an order, we send the items to your physical address, we will notify the customer to transfer the amount to you. Once you get the amount
you go to UPS and ship the item to the customer. From what ever the amount you received from customer, deduct the postal charges and your 15% commision and send the rest of the amount through western union. In order to onboard you in our company, you have to send your SSN, DL, void check copy and address proof etc etc..

Neethi: SSN, DL, account no, addres proof inni unknown person ki pampinaaka kuda are you expecting Neethi from this.?? lol.

You will get an email from sender which has xoom keywords in the address. The body of the email will look very genuine.
The body of the email will be like "In order to keep your account active, please login once". They will keep a button to redirect you to xoom(dummy). Once you click on the link it will redirect you to a dummy xoom website(you will not going to recognize if you don't look in detail). When you give your original credentials they will store those details and login to original xoom website and get you there. You will not notice any difference as you are in a original xoom website but your account is compromised. They will do the transaction later time with the credentials you shared.

Neethi: 
In this example copy and paste the Domain(which is text after the @ symbol xoom-us.com) in a browser and see whether its taking you to a genuine site or not.
They will set the display name as "xoom" for their email. So it will display as "xoom" in your inbox which can mislead you.

5 minutes ago, Repu said:

gp

1 hour ago, pillirevanth said:

FYI:

2. Scams through emails.

2. Scams through emails.

Neethi: 

There is one more scam and most common.

If you are trying to sell $500 dollar items, Scammer will tell you that he will pay $100 extra for holding it and handing it over to his cousin who will come and pick the item, later on he will add that his cousin need some one so he will send $1000 check, we can deposit in account and give the item and $400 cash to his cousin.He will take your name and address to send check and he will mail the check in next few days.

Once you deposit the check in bank, you can see funds for 2-3days and most people think they have the money,so they do what scammer told them to do. Twist entanta, after 3 days you bank will revese the payment and you account will go to negative ammount and also you will get charged for bounce check. Scammer will just created some fake check with someone account number, who he collected from different sources.

Normally If i came across any scammers, I give them some fake name and address and I will make them to send the check in priority shipping, atleast $10 dollars anna bokka pettam ani happy naku. There is a documentary in BBC how the scammers mostly Nigerians work. Mana poddunna laptop bag pattukuni IT office ki vachinattu, vallu internet cafe ki velli enka start chestharu..Belive it or not they make more than what we make in IT.

1 minute ago, krishna0125 said:

There is one more scam and most common.

If you are trying to sell $500 dollar items, Scammer will tell you that he will pay $100 extra for holding it and handing it over to his cousin who will come and pick the item, later on he will add that his cousin need some one so he will send $1000 check, we can deposit in account and give the item and $400 cash to his cousin.He will take your name and address to send check and he will mail the check in next few days.

Once you deposit the check in bank, you can see funds for 2-3days and most people think they have the money,so they do what scammer told them to do. Twist entanta, after 3 days you bank will revese the payment and you account will go to negative ammount and also you will get charged for bounce check. Scammer will just created some fake check with someone account number, who he collected from different sources.

Normally If i came across any scammers, I give them some fake name and address and I will make them to send the check in priority shipping, atleast $10 dollars anna bokka pettam ani happy naku. There is a documentary in BBC how the scammers mostly Nigerians work. Mana poddunna laptop bag pattukuni IT office ki vachinattu, vallu internet cafe ki velli enka start chestharu..Belive it or not they make more than what we make in IT.

old people and people who are new to internet ala mosapotharu.

100k lo okadu tagilna chala vallaki

1 hour ago, pillirevanth said:

FYI:

2. Scams through emails.

2. Scams through emails.

Neethi: 

inkoti add cheyi indhulo...kothaga IRS scams ayithunayi..calls,emails ayipoyayi./...epudu letters pamputhunaru janalaki with all tehre details SSN, name and asking that u need to pay 2000, 500k$ alla,,,,ma friend gadiki mona vachindhi...i saw somewhere same document so started search in google and fopund below document. It was fraud.Vadu asalu geniune ga chesthadu shock ayindu endhuku vachindhi...So i saved hime 2500$ :)

http://www.clark.com/warning-new-irs-scam-email-paper-mail

IRS-letter.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hyper said:

inkoti add cheyi indhulo...kothaga IRS scams ayithunayi..calls,emails ayipoyayi./...epudu letters pamputhunaru janalaki with all tehre details SSN, name and asking that u need to pay 2000, 500k$ alla,,,,ma friend gadiki mona vachindhi...i saw somewhere same document so started search in google and fopund below document. It was fraud.Vadu asalu geniune ga chesthadu shock ayindu endhuku vachindhi...So i saved hime 2500$ :)

http://www.clark.com/warning-new-irs-scam-email-paper-mail

IRS-letter.jpg

Bro.. did you and ur friend call customer care.. not from the number on the notice but original number on their website???

CP2000 ante vere valid notice.... check one more time.. better to call the customer care and confirm

9 minutes ago, water1 said:

Bro.. did you and ur friend call customer care.. not from the number on the notice but original number on their website???

CP2000 ante vere valid notice.... check one more time.. better to call the customer care and confirm

jevitham google motham edhi scam antundhi..edhi kuda verey valu petina letter..epudu IRS vodiki call chesthe... Its legimate a...its upto u ..u can accept or decline antunadu anat... ante adi udhesham endhi asalu...mavadu decline peti fax chestha anadu chudali  +(&*

2 minutes ago, Hyper said:

jevitham google motham edhi scam antundhi..edhi kuda verey valu petina letter..epudu IRS vodiki call chesthe... Its legimate a...its upto u ..u can accept or decline antunadu anat... ante adi udhesham endhi asalu...mavadu decline peti fax chestha anadu chudali  +(&*

It can be valid bro... fake ollu kuda original ni chusi copykodtaru.. if you have called IRS directly (not from the notice) but from their website (authentic) and if they said that the notice is valid.... then it is better to take necessary action... if the amount is less..  then just pay it off or just hire a CPA. Or you may just end up paying up fines and interests... and they willl take ur money directly from ur bank they don't even wait for your consent.. 

6 minutes ago, Hyper said:

meevodu decline cheste daniki reasoning iyyali vayya... ademanna button ankunnava... decline kotti sallaga saapi kurchoniki.... 

1 hour ago, mastercheif said:

old people and people who are new to internet ala mosapotharu.

100k lo okadu tagilna chala vallaki

india lo chinna chinna jobs chestunna maa friends kuda whats app lo forwarding messages (like amazon is selling Samsung TV for only just 1000/-) ni original anukoni transaction chestunnaru..Though i informed several times they are not thinking at all..