H4 stamping India, Interview waiver program/Drop box

ilovemyself

Hi All,

My wife's,  current H4 stamp is expired in Sep, 2016. Recently got a new passport. My wife is going to India and she is eligible for Interview waiver program. I have changed my employer last year and we have got new I797 for both of us.

1.Did anyone do it in Hyderabad or Chennai? If so, any troubles? How many days processing?

2. Is it mandatory to go in person and drop off 1-set of supporting documents? Can a family member submit on behalf of her?

3. How about fingerprint/Biometrics?  Is it not required for persons who are eligible for interview waiver program?

4. How about pick up? Can anyone with 2nd-set of supporting documents can pick her passport?

Pls post your experience? Thanks in advance.

drop box is not allowed for H4 candidate just by them self....

if both the h1b and h4 candidates are going through drop box option then its good....

its just my opinion....

1 hour ago, Novak_Djokovic said:

if both the h1b and h4 candidates are going through drop box option then its good....

its just my opinion....

Well. It doesn't say that on the site. Can anyone clarify?

My Wife went to India and have opted for dropbox at chennai consulate. She dropped her docs on 18th and visa was issues yesterday..... Don't panic if you see any AP(Administrative Processing) status. This will be there for two days as they would be processing visa. All the best... You can drop your documents or someone can drop documents from your family.... What i heard is if its Hyd the processing time is around 3-4 days where as chennnai consulate take little more time which is around 10-12 days....

I'm going to India in Nov... I just want to make sure she gets stamped before I go to India.. Below statement is wrong....

its just my opinion....

8 hours ago, ilovemyself said:

Hi All,

My wife's,  current H4 stamp is expired in Sep, 2016. Recently got a new passport. My wife is going to India and she is eligible for Interview waiver program. I have changed my employer last year and we have got new I797 for both of us.

1.Did anyone do it in Hyderabad or Chennai? If so, any troubles? How many days processing? 

No trouble..very easy process

2. Is it mandatory to go in person and drop off 1-set of supporting documents? Can a family member submit on behalf of her?

Anyone can go. Just need to take necessary documents and passport and drop it off with fee receipt

3. How about fingerprint/Biometrics?  Is it not required for persons who are eligible for interview waiver program?

if they were not ten printed(finger printed) then VWP is not available for them.

4. How about pick up? Can anyone with 2nd-set of supporting documents can pick her passport?

need authorization letter from applicant so that anyone can go and pick up.

Pls post your experience? Thanks in advance.