Dubai visit for 3days

masakali

Hey Guys, 

Anyone here visited dubai as a stop over for 2 or 3 days.

We are doing a stop over for 3days in dubai on our way back to US in January. I need some suggestions about hotels (best surroundings), must see tourist attractions, visit to abu dhabi (yes or no), and any other recommendations.

Note: travel with a toddler, so dune bashing is NO.

Just now, masakali said:

Hey Guys, 

We are doing a stop over for 3days in dubai on our way back to US. I need some suggestions about hotels (best surroundings), must see tourist attractions, visit to abu dhabi (yes or no), and any other recommendations.

Konchem poradu peddaga Ayyaka plan chesukovachu gaa mee sarada kosam poraganni ibbandi pettudu entha varaku samanjasam ani @Samajavaragamana and @TOM_BHAYYA Muktha kantam toh asking 

7 minutes ago, busstand_bathku said:

Take big bus tours antha vaale chuskontaru. Nv em em chudalo plan cheskovali. I too went on a 3 day tour last year. Ping me for more details.

cool, will PM you.

Dint know big bus was there in Dubai too... Also groupon.ae lo bagunnai attractions, anyone has any experience using groupon in dubai

We went in July  ( bad time to be in Dubai ) , 3 months ago 

We booked a hotel in JW marriott marquis 250 / night padindi , 3 nights ke close to 800 change , breakfast included , chala happy ga full brunch type breakfast adhi. 

On the day we are jet lagged due to traveling from chicago , just slept  and had a luxury dinner in Marriott thai restaurant , price is cheap around 90 dollars , nice city view candle light dinner , nice thai food , rich atmosphere 

than Day 1 we went to Dubai mall , Burj Kalifa , wild wadi park , Boat dinner ( bad food ) 

Day 2 , Again mall shopping , gold souk , than later in the evening went to dune bashing , arabian night with dancing , ( the food was worst , don't expect people to be good to you , again this is the worst food that you will eat ) , But the dancing was good , as my toddler baby danced with the belly dancer on the floor and she enjoyed it so much , we wore traditional dresses took pics , camel riding , horse riding , falcon , but most of our nice photos are desert photos 

Day 3 , Again shopping mall in the morning , evening we went to different shopping , than went to beach at 5 pm ( super hot and humid ) 

JBR walk lo we spent close to 3 hrs and also marine walk and again went to hotel to eat one more luxury dinner , 

Day 4 we were flight to india 

Mistakes we did were , 

July month , Didn't book any thing upfront so half of the time was busy looking for how to book 

we were jet lagged as we travelled from Chicago , rather we should have visited while coming back from india 

and again know your calculations of dollar and AED  , i didn't know how much to tip and may be i tipped a lot of money 

In the hotel i tipped 80 AED initially , later i asked them to charge any one in dollars , for most of these hotel guys tipped 20 AED , 

they were happy and helped us a lot 

TIP : Get a travel credit card , Buy Du service for 4 days in Airport for phone , 

17 hours ago, iddaritho said:

We booked a hotel in JW marriott marquis 250 / night padindi , 3 nights ke close to 800 change , breakfast included , chala happy ga full brunch type breakfast adhi. 

On the day we are jet lagged due to traveling from chicago , just slept  and had a luxury dinner in Marriott thai restaurant , price is cheap around 90 dollars , nice city view candle light dinner , nice thai food , rich atmosphere 

than Day 1 we went to Dubai mall , Burj Kalifa , wild wadi park , Boat dinner ( bad food ) 

Day 2 , Again mall shopping , gold souk , than later in the evening went to dune bashing , arabian night with dancing , ( the food was worst , don't expect people to be good to you , again this is the worst food that you will eat ) , But the dancing was good , as my toddler baby danced with the belly dancer on the floor and she enjoyed it so much , we wore traditional dresses took pics , camel riding , horse riding , falcon , but most of our nice photos are desert photos 

Day 3 , Again shopping mall in the morning , evening we went to different shopping , than went to beach at 5 pm ( super hot and humid ) 

JBR walk lo we spent close to 3 hrs and also marine walk and again went to hotel to eat one more luxury dinner , 

Mistakes we did were , 

July month , Didn't book any thing upfront so half of the time was busy looking for how to book 

we were jet lagged as we travelled from Chicago , rather we should have visited while coming back from india 

and again know your calculations of dollar and AED  , i didn't know how much to tip and may be i tipped a lot of money 

In the hotel i tipped 80 AED initially , later i asked them to charge any one in dollars , for most of these hotel guys tipped 20 AED , 

TIP : Get a travel credit card , Buy Du service for 4 days in Airport for phone , 

++++

Add Desert Safari to it ... 

Car ride into desert ...adventurous and then they will have a dinner combo with Belly Dance  etc...

18 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Mistakes we did were , 

cool detailed ga explained, Thanks.

Yes, we are doing while our trip back from India, so jet lag wise it may be okay, but we are landing early morning around 7am. 

I am also thinking of getting a credit card with no foreign transaction fee, which might help ( any suggestions welcome preferably with zero annual fee, BOA di okati bagundi till now)

17 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Mistakes we did were , 

42 minutes ago, sanjaysahu said:

++++

Add Desert Safari to it ... 

Car ride into desert ...adventurous and then they will have a dinner combo with Belly Dance  etc...

*=:

11 minutes ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

manaki groupon laga akda kobonaty ani oka site untundi...i got discounted tickets for desert safari etc. danilo activities kuda chudu. 

thanks, groupon.ae kuda undi.... there are too many deals in there which would cover everything for us in 3 days, but customer service ela untadi ani thinking with buying groupon....Usually even in US, groupon ante customer service dekaru, so thinking

21 hours ago, masakali said:

Hey Guys, 

We are doing a stop over for 3days in dubai on our way back to US in January. I need some suggestions about hotels (best surroundings), must see tourist attractions, visit to abu dhabi (yes or no), and any other recommendations.

yes