About Chiranjeevi's decision to select Uday Kiran

ziboomba1

newpg-sushmita2.jpg

17th April 2003

Megastar Chiranjeevi is always one-step ahead both professionally and personally. He is one person who always walks his talk. And now this mighty star has taken a laudable decision about his elder daughter's marriage. He chose famous youth hero Uday Kiran as the bridegroom for his daughter Sushmita. Their engagement will be held on April 18th at 5 pm. Please read on for more details of this arranged marriage.

Chiranjeevi has several reasons for his decision of choosing Uday Kiran as his would-be son-in-law. All of us know that Uday Kiran has expressed his affection and admiration for the Megastar many a time in various occasions in recent times. But that is not the only reason that has prompted Chiranjeevi to think about Uday as a prospective bridegroom for his daughter. Uday, very much like Chiru himself, has established himself as a hero with out any godfather in the industry. Taking every criticism in his stride, Uday has put in gargantuan efforts to prove himself and disprove the critics who tried to snub him. His efforts did show positive outcomes with his movies not only becoming box-office successes but also establishing him as an actor who is here to stay for a long time.

Uday never involved himself in any flings in the industry and has kept his reputation of a decent person in tact despite achieving fame. When Megastar approached Uday Kiran about the proposal, it came as a pleasant surprise to Uday and his family. It took some time for them to come to terms with this good news. Megastar told Uday Kiran that he was impressed with both Uday's hard work in his profession and also his character. Uday Kiran and his family happily agreed to the proposal in real time.

During the same time, people close to Megastar brought up the issue of 'caste' because conventionally 'caste' is an important consideration for every marriage in our state. And Uday Kiran and Megastar come from different castes. But Megastar immediately condemned those words. He is believed to have said that, in this 21st century all these trivial issues like caste should not hamper progressive thinking. He also went on to say that, as a father all he cares about the guy he chooses as his son-in-law is the guy's character and behavior and not what caste he belongs to. With that the Megastar has set an example to defy caste system that is prevalent in our society.

These are the full details about this marriage. Kudos to Megastar and hearty congratulations to Uday and Sushmita from all of us here at idlebrain.com

Uday Kiran gets engaged to Chiru's daughter today

SANGEETHA DEVI K | TNN | Apr 18, 2003, 04.44 AM IST

THE rumours have been doing the rounds for months and so have the denials. But now, it's official. Uday Kiran is all set to wed Chiranjeevi's daughter Sushmita. The engagement will take place today evening and will be a private affair attended just by family.

"We did not disclose the news even to our close friends,"says Uday Kiran. "We were concerned about security problems. We were worried that if people caught wind of the engagement, fans might pour in from all parts of the state and it might become a security problem. Chiranjeevi requested me not to divulge the matter. Rumours are a part and parcel of being an actor and I am ok with that. But here, Chiranjeevi was concerned as a daughter's father and not a megastar."

Early this week, Chiranjeevi's household was engaged with brisk activities as arrangements were underway for the ceremony. Uday Kiran's bride-to-be, Sushmita, arrived from London. News about their romance set tongues wagging late last year.

And when Hyderabad Times learnt about it, Uday Kiran chose to deny it. He had stated: "Those who are jealous of my relationship with the megastar are sparking off rumours. To date, I haven't been linked with any actress. But this is one rumour that hasn't died down for a long time. Initially, I was worried that Mr Chiranjeevi might be offended and told him about the rumours. But he told me not to worry, saying he was used to rumours."

Even two days earlier, when quizzed about the engagement, Uday maintained, "Rumours will remain just that, rumours. Nothing you've heard is true. Only one thing is true. I've always admired Chiranjeevi and aim to be like him."

But now that the news is out, the actor says, "All this happened in a week's time - the proposal and the arrangement. The earlier talks were rumours. Sushmita and I do not know each other that well. It is a formal marriage arranged by both the families."

So, like all 70mm stories, here too we hope the lovers will live happily ever after!

Hardly 24 hours after the news of cancellation of Uday Kiran's proposed wedding with Chiranjeevi's daughter Sushmita, industry rumours have it Uday is to wed his long time girlfriend Nivedita on July 10.

Uday Kiran was unavailable to comment. The gossip that has been doing the rounds in the industry for quite some time is that Uday was previously engaged to a Mangalore girl Nivedita, rumoured to be a journalist, before the proposed wedding with Chiranjeevi's daughter.

The grapevine also says that when Chiranjeevi learnt about this, he called off the wedding.When we contacted Uday on Wednesday night soon after the news of his break-up with Sushmita, he said with a laugh, "There is lots of gossip doing the rounds about me for the last few days.

Gossip will remain gossip." Meanwhile, the industry is shocked at the turn of events. Late Wednesday evening, media houses received a fax from Chiranjeevi's household that formally announced the cancellation of the engagement. Uday Kiran on his part maintained, "I stand by that fax.

As it states, the lack of compatibility and the variation between our hopes and aspirations for the future prompted both our families to unanimously to call off the wedding in the best interests of Sushmita and me." The statement said that the engagement had been called off due to lack of compatibility. On this, Uday said, "I wouldn't like to elaborate on this matter. All I would like to state is that the press note was prepared by both the families together."

But, when Uday spoke with the press just a week ago, he had said, "I haven't spent too much time with Sushmita. I've kept in touch with her once in a while."Well, if he hasn't spent enough time with her, where does the question of lack of compatibility arise? All that Uday said was, "The cancelling of the wedding would in no way affect the goodwill that both the families share.

Recommended By Colombia

I will always look up to Chiranjeevi as my idol. There is no bitterness." When asked if all the rumours will affect his career prospects, he said, "I don't think so because I always stick to my work as a professional."

Uday Kiran is a weak person , under achiever & loser ...he showed Chiru as  reasons for his bad decisions and movies ...personally I don't like his acting ...no attitude & style 

4 hours ago, GunturGongura said:

nice that valla daughter ni uday Kiran ki ichi cheyledu, such a weak minded guy

tumblr_inline_mp6cajWRJl1qz4rgp.gifkastalu andarki untay, solution suicide kadu 

askgongura ani site open cheyigallery_51737_1_212223.gif

Papam uday kiran ..Allari naresh edo interview lo cheppadu kada chanipoye mundu roju kalisadanta ..Edo paper lo vere hero movie flop aithe chusanu baga hurt ayyanu ani cheppadanta ..Appudu naresh nee gurinchi kadhu kada nuvvendhuku feel avuthunnav ani annadanta ..Vallu emani rasarante manchi stories select chesukopote udaykiran la avvalsi vastundhani rasadanta };_

8 minutes ago, kiraak_poradu said:

askgongura ani site open cheyigallery_51737_1_212223.gif

4 hours ago, GunturGongura said:

nice that valla daughter ni uday Kiran ki ichi cheyledu, such a weak minded guy

tumblr_inline_mp6cajWRJl1qz4rgp.gifkastalu andarki untay, solution suicide kadu 

i agree 60 % with u

6 hours ago, NinduChandurudu said:

Uday Kiran is a weak person , under achiever & loser ...he showed Chiru as  reasons for his bad decisions and movies ...personally I don't like his acting ...no attitude & style 

Yem thambi nv food trucks, writer, masters in ivy league univ, MBA peeki peeki achieve chesav ga. Congrats for being Over achiever and winner in ur life. personally everyone in this db likes how you plan your future, ur firmness in taking decisions, ur maturity. Too much of everything. 👍🏻

Hatsoff.

23 minutes ago, busstand_bathku said:

Yem thambi nv food trucks, writer, masters in ivy league univ, MBA peeki peeki achieve chesav ga. Congrats for being Over achiever and winner in ur life. personally everyone in this db likes how you plan your future, ur firmness in taking decisions, ur maturity. Too much of everything. 👍🏻

Hatsoff.

u missed movie direction. 

earnig 2 crores in 2 years after finishing MS in US  Rendu