Need some info on H4 -> H1 conversion

newwlife

Hello all....need some information,

I've applied H1 for my wife (is on h4) this year & its got approved last week........so will her status automatically change from h4 to h1 Or do we need to apply for that ?? 

And also she wont' be working for next 5-6 months so is it okay not to apply for status conversion until then in case if its not already converted ?

Or if its converted to H1 , is it okay not to run payroll for few months ?  

Let me know if anyone has info on this ...Thank you

1 minute ago, gudboy said:

on the approved H1 when is the start date?

if you are past start date and inside US  you have to have a continous payroll to be in status.

dont know yet , checked the status online.......but to my 1st question....will the status change done automatically when the h1 is approved ?

29 minutes ago, newwlife said:

no....it was applied when she was here in US on h4

max OCt1st ki start date untadhi.. if it is approved later oct1st.. neeku eroju approve ayindhoi aroju nudi start ayipothadhi 99 cases lo..if ur lawyer hasnt mentioned any date..so ur wife is now on h1 offically... and if possible run payrol..nuve petuko taxes alla..5-6 months ante Preganent anukounta..so best oka 1 month atuu ittu esukoni apr varuku taxes katukovadame.. endhuku ante oka vela country bayatki pothe tharuvatha problem avachu 

39 minutes ago, newwlife said:

dont know yet , checked the status online.......but to my 1st question....will the status change done automatically when the h1 is approved ?

Yes. On H1 start date status will automatically change from H4 to H1

39 minutes ago, newwlife said:

you will need to check the approval copy

is it 797A or 797B

797A aithe status change is automatic if not you will need to go for stamping

6 minutes ago, Hyper said:

max OCt1st ki start date untadhi.. if it is approved later oct1st.. neeku eroju approve ayindhoi aroju nudi start ayipothadhi 99 cases lo..if ur lawyer hasnt mentioned any date..so ur wife is now on h1 offically... and if possible run payrol..nuve petuko taxes alla..5-6 months ante Preganent anukounta..so best oka 1 month atuu ittu esukoni apr varuku taxes katukovadame.. endhuku ante oka vela country bayatki pothe tharuvatha problem avachu 

Thanks ......can I run the payroll for 2-3 months & then change the status back to H4 until she is prepared to work on H1....

3 minutes ago, gudboy said:

you will need to check the approval copy

is it 797A or 797B

797A aithe status change is automatic if not you will need to go for stamping

Thank you...I'll check for these details when I get the approval copy

38 minutes ago, newwlife said:

Thanks ......can I run the payroll for 2-3 months & then change the status back to H4 until she is prepared to work on H1....

I think u can keep on hold of status