Monna badminton.. Ivala Table tennis.. CBN rocks

DiscoKing

This is a story that goes to show that there are leaders like CBN who have the vision to create infrastructure and shape tomorrow's champions in sports.

President of Table Tennis Federation of India, Mr. Prabhat Chaturvedi IAS shared his recent experience with CBN. In his words...

"During the inaugural function (South Zone TT Championship) I went to request Chandrababu Naidu, reminding him of what he had done in old Andhra Pradesh. I requested him that you have very good talent, particularly the young table-tennis players who can do very well not only at national level but can win medals at international levels too only if provided proper training," Mr. Chaturvedi said.

"They need the support of state government, particularly in two areas. First- the establishment of a world-class table tennis academy and second- every year the government should support for at least one national championship and one international championship, " Mr. Chaturvedi repeated his lines from the speech.

"So, I am very happy to tell you that after I spoke, Chandrababu Naidu ji called me as he wanted to understand the details of what I was suggesting. I explained to him that we need to establish an academy where the students can learn table-tennis and can support their studies as well. So that there is a balance between the two. On the other side, national level and international level championship is required to give exposure to our table tennis players so that they can improve their skills by playing with the senior level players," he further added.

"Naidu was very happy and being a visionary politician he is, immediately announced the government's decision to set up a world-class table tennis academy in Vishakapatnam and assured its support to players at national and international level. The best part was, he immediately asked his officers to take me to the plot where he proposed the academy was to be established. The next day, I went along with the officer, saw the place where this infrastructure is to be built and it was a good one. The quality of infrastructure is very particular and one could go and see in Hyderabad the quality Chandrababu Naidu has created," he asserted.

Appreciating CBN for his work, Chaturvedi ji said, "he is a person, who doesn't only believe in making an announcement but sees to it and ensure that whatever he has announced is implemented."

"So, we are very sure that within a short time, we will have the academy and the government will sponsor the championships. In fact, in this championship also, the Andhra Pradesh government supported us by an amount of Rs 10 lakh. The entire table-tennis fraternity is very happy and we are now certain that within the next couple of years, we will have top class players coming out of Andhra Pradesh," Prabhat Chaturvedi concluded.

Leader }?. 

Chaturvedi ji said, "he is a person, who doesn't only believe in making an announcement but sees to it and ensure that whatever he has announced is implemented."