experienced and experts please talk

lingamaneni111

MBA in good schools are averaging 65k is it worth doing?

nearly 50 ppl per batch see the fees will professors get 400k? or universities are eating the money?

how will the career of person change? by how much?say if a person get 120k how will it change his life style after MBA?

is it worth putting that money?

12 minutes ago, lingamaneni111 said:

MBA in good schools are averaging 65k is it worth doing?

nearly 50 ppl per batch see the fees will professors get 400k? or universities are eating the money?

how will the career of person change? by how much?say if a person get 120k how will it change his life style after MBA?

is it worth putting that money?

FT MBA in top 15 costs 150K minimum. It is worth if you want to move away from typical IT/engineering job and want to move towards management side. Worth only if you do in top 15-20. No MBA guarantees anything but all these MBAs give you the tools to choose a career that would otherwise be impossible to get into. 

no school can help you these days. if u think u can do somethin for urselves then join.. 

its not like old days...if u get iit seat u are settled..if u go in to B-school u are settled types

it isnt worth at all, of course if you want to pursue as interest you can do it, but again at the time of interest you do consider the future then it doesnt take you anywhere special, 120k you're talking about,,thats easy money if you have little IT skill, nothing special about 120k, its just normal salary, and life style is all depends on person to person,,isnt it ? people earning 65k could drive a 5 series, and people earning 150k could drive a corolla, both cases need is taken care of, but life style maters for some people, like wise any other things, like spendings, savings etc etc.,now if you're smart enough go for ideas like start ups, or any other businesses, i'd suggest this..doing own business is way better than rather doing IT jobs or any other jobs, there is no security for job anyways...invest that money in ideas and any strategies if you have man,,,but putting lot of money on these schools aint gonna get you anywhere,,,,goodluck!!!

37 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

FT MBA in top 15 costs 150K minimum. It is worth if you want to move away from typical IT/engineering job and want to move towards management side. Worth only if you do in top 15-20. No MBA guarantees anything but all these MBAs give you the tools to choose a career that would otherwise be impossible to get into. 

explain me more sir, what is that we can choose with this

also scheller is 65k for executive no GMAT is needed

37 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

5 minutes ago, Peter123 said:

it isnt worth at all, of course if you want to pursue as interest you can do it, but again at the time of interest you do consider the future then it doesnt take you anywhere special, 120k you're talking about,,thats easy money if you have little IT skill, nothing special about 120k, its just normal salary, and life style is all depends on person to person,,isnt it ? people earning 65k could drive a 5 series, and people earning 150k could drive a corolla, both cases need is taken care of, but life style maters for some people, like wise any other things, like spendings, savings etc etc.,now if you're smart enough go for ideas like start ups, or any other businesses, i'd suggest this..doing own business is way better than rather doing IT jobs or any other jobs, there is no security for job anyways...invest that money in ideas and any strategies if you have man,,,but putting lot of money on these schools aint gonna get you anywhere,,,,goodluck!!!

It isn't worth for people who don't see career beyond 2-3 years. 

13 minutes ago, lingamaneni111 said:

I don't have much knowledge in executive MBA. You need to talk with someone who has done it. I can give info on regular MBA. 

Also don't listen to people here. People here are more worried about hourly IT rate than anything else in the world.