When applying for some FT positions

tennisluvr

When applying for some FT positions on Linkedin and Indeed, even if my resume is a good fit for their requirements I get a rejection sometimes immediately or sometimes in a day that they are going ahead with other candidates. 

No reasons are given. Endukantaru guys, resume lo chaala projects unnayi. Adi negative antara, like 6 projects in 8 years. But then exposure to more environments enhances your knowledge and understanding right. So emantaru folks. 

happens to me very often. i can think of 2 reasons why they do that

1. could be because the requirement is old and they have already found an interna/external candidate and did not pull the job from market
  2. the requirement is part of perm advertisement for some one they are sponsoring

1) Job posted date chudu nuvu apply chese tiyaniki already 3 members ni short list hold lo peti vundochu

2)Your Visa status most of FT H1 @athcare mein kathar care this is big bummer

3)Ni resume epudu JD ki tagatu marchali ani positions ki same resume submit kodte adu kuda reject button ade speed lo kodatadu

4)Cover letter manchi ga prepare chey FT positions ki not just resume

23 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

When applying for some FT positions on Linkedin and Indeed, even if my resume is a good fit for their requirements I get a rejection sometimes immediately or sometimes in a day that they are going ahead with other candidates. 

No reasons are given. Endukantaru guys, resume lo chaala projects unnayi. Adi negative antara, like 6 projects in 8 years. But then exposure to more environments enhances your knowledge and understanding right. So emantaru folks. 

I don't know if you already know this point or not. For resume pickup (from portal/ linkedin/ job market) on an average recruiter spends 8 - 10 seconds. So your's should be so short and crisp highlighting your skills and projects briefly. Inkoti Linkedin antha baa update chesko with skills and all, reachability pergiddi recruiters ki when they search for profiles. Annitkanna main luck undali, adi unte experience sarriga lenodi resume aina pick avvachu kuda.

Also, it seems you are pretty early in this process, It takes some time. You will understand everything slowly.

Apply chesemundu jai @samaja_varagamana ani cheseyi, everything will be alright.

Vm0M25.gif

47 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

@3$% - those are landasura positions man. they post only for ads.. not for recruiting..... 

47 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

@3$% - those are landasura positions man. they post only for ads.. not for recruiting..... 

enni pages resume pedtunnav..

FT ki max two pages kanna ekkuva pedite..resume mokhana kodtaru...enni yrs experience unna kuda.

various enviroments lo pani chesa ani cheppadaniki..interview lo mast time untadi.

put on resume what the recruiter is looking for, u can explain about ur experiences to hiring manager.

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

FT ki max two pages kanna ekkuva pedite..resume mokhana kodtaru...enni yrs experience unna kuda.

various enviroments lo pani chesa ani cheppadaniki..interview lo mast time untadi.

put on resume what the recruiter is looking for, u can explain about ur experiences to hiring manager.

@3$% - adi anta waste man.. if position itself is posted just to show that they are hiring... its a landasura marketing strategy.... 

1 minute ago, k2s said:

@3$% - adi anta waste man.. if position itself is posted just to show that they are hiring... its a landasura marketing strategy.... 

anduke vadu vachi adigenta varaku position apply seyocdu.

55 minutes ago, Pumpachak said:

I don't know if you already know this point or not. For resume pickup (from portal/ linkedin/ job market) on an average recruiter spends 8 - 10 seconds. So your's should be so short and crisp highlighting your skills and projects briefly. Inkoti Linkedin antha baa update chesko with skills and all, reachability pergiddi recruiters ki when they search for profiles. Annitkanna main luck undali, adi unte experience sarriga lenodi resume aina pick avvachu kuda.

Also, it seems you are pretty early in this process, It takes some time. You will understand everything slowly.

Apply chesemundu jai @samaja_varagamana ani cheseyi, everything will be alright.

Vm0M25.gif

Yeah applying for jobs online after a long time bro. Last time I did this was 8 years ago. So update ivvali inka strategy. 

26 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yeah applying for jobs online after a long time bro. Last time I did this was 8 years ago. So update ivvali inka strategy. 

My two cents:

1. Apply on company websites, look out for startups too. They are many mid level startups, good to hit them.

2. Talk to third party recruiters, veelaki okkasari resume isthe. They will start searching for us, they have tie ups with companies (midlevel and small).

3. Update your linkedin profile, okasari manchiga calls oche valavi chudu. You will get the essence of how your linkedin needs to look.

4. Referrals, reach out to your friends and friends of friends.

HTH, I have hopped 2 times for FT, naku telsina help nen cheyagalanu. All the best :).

Jai @samaja_varagamana #SamajaAssociationPresident.

Vm0M25.gif

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

+1, one page is ideal. Its not possible some times, nen kuda 2 pedtha. Recruiters spend minuscule of their time to decide.

50 minutes ago, Pumpachak said:

My two cents:

1. Apply on company websites, look out for startups too. They are many mid level startups, good to hit them.

2. Talk to third party recruiters, veelaki okkasari resume isthe. They will start searching for us, they have tie ups with companies (midlevel and small).

3. Update your linkedin profile, okasari manchiga calls oche valavi chudu. You will get the essence of how your linkedin needs to look.

4. Referrals, reach out to your friends and friends of friends.

HTH, I have hopped 2 times for FT, naku telsina help nen cheyagalanu. All the best :).

Jai @samaja_varagamana #SamajaAssociationPresident.

Vm0M25.gif

Gap dorikithe 10thunav ga patha kakshalu emanna unaya who ru i say house thesi tomb na nu