Something about the new EAD rule

tennisluvr

15 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

what petition? are you talking about i140 revocation petition?

Yes your employer can revoke your I 140 petition right now. After Jan 17th, 2017 he can't however. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don_Draper

• tennisluvr

• jbourne

• Bhai

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, rakeshchinna said:

Yes thats correct but u can use that 140 approval for H1b extension for only one time I believe. You can't use that for multiple H1B extensions (i.e. until you get EAD)

The new rule states otherwise. It doesn't say you can only extend your H1B one time, it says an approved I 140 is all you need to keep extending your H1B. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

The new rule states otherwise. It doesn't say you can only extend your H1B one time, it says an approved I 140 is all you need to keep extending your H1B. 

Idi correct.

So guys here's how we can salvage our situation here: 

1) Get a permanent FT job with someone who can sponsor your H1B

2) Don't worry about the GC as long as you have an approved I 140 from an earlier date

3) Keep working with your FT as long as you can without worrying about your GC depending on your priority date

4) If your PD becomes current, ask your current FT employer to file for your GC

5) Once your labor is approved, use your old I 140 date to file for Adjustment of Status and get your EAD

I know the rule was useless, but here's the best way to salvage the situation. 

The downside however is that due to no change in processing times, people with their GC Priority dates around 2013 and later might have to wait for atleast 25 years to get their dates current. 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Did you read the entire rule book. I know it's lengthy but it clearly states that these rules can't be enforced retroactively. 

chadvaledu kabattey adiga who said so ani..

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

1) Get a permanent FT job with someone who can sponsor your H1B

2) Don't worry about the GC as long as you have an approved I 140 from an earlier date

3) Keep working with your FT as long as you can without worrying about your GC depending on your priority date

4) If your PD becomes current, ask your current FT employer to file for your GC

5) Once your labor is approved, use your old I 140 date to file for Adjustment of Status and get your EAD

The downside however is that due to no change in processing times, people with their GC Priority dates around 2013 and later might have to wait for atleast 25 years to get their dates current. 

Ade eni decades ki current avutundi apatki varuku extensions evadu istadu @3$%

Just now, tennisluvr said:

1) Get a permanent FT job with someone who can sponsor your H1B -- If you loose FT then 60 days lo inkok job ravali

2) Don't worry about the GC as long as you have an approved I 140 from an earlier date. ---True but Untrue.. risk fo Stamping still prevails

3) Keep working with your FT as long as you can without worrying about your GC depending on your priority date. -- antey ga banisabathukulu zindabad

4) If your PD becomes current, ask your current FT employer to file for your GC-- No that will take long.. you have to refile for Labor and 140 After extension.. if extension is 3 years that period is good enough for Labor+140 with old PD data

5) Once your labor is approved, use your old I 140 date to file for Adjustment of Status and get your EAD. --- Point 4 lo wait time ni consider cheyyali

Bold Lo unnadi chudu