Gun-loving India......

LordOfMud

Gun-loving India 'god-woman' who shot wedding guests

sFun_duh

Sadhvi Deva Thakur, a self-proclaimed Indian god-woman who was on the run for three days after firing celebratory shots in the air at a wedding, has surrendered to a court. The groom's aunt was killed and three of his relatives critically wounded in the incident. The BBC's Geeta Pandey profiles this controversial preacher.  God woman, walked up to the dance floor, asked the DJ to play a song of her choice, and began dancing.  Police registered a case of murder against the seven and, on Friday, the Sadhvi surrendered in a magistrate's court. She has been remanded to police custody for five days. Her guards are still on the run.

Sadhvi Deva Thakur The 27-year-old is always dressed in saffron robes from head to toe. She appears to have a fondness for gold jewellery, and guns. Last year, police registered a case against her for saying that Muslims and Christians must undergo sterilisation to restrict their growing populations.

Sadhvi Deva Thakur after her surrender on Friday She was appointed as the national vice-president of Hindu Mahasabha. "I am innocent. I didn't do anything wrong. It's a conspiracy against me," she told reporters after her surrender.

Sadhvi Deva Thakur with some of her followers