"So What?" - asks P Chidambaram.

lazybugger

the question was

"Last year in IIMs where the ordinary student got admission at high 95%+, the Schedule caste, Schedule tribe went at 33%"...

at this point Chidambaram interjects with "So What?" ... lol

and then goes on to explain how overwhelming majority (8/10) of those who accessed student loans were first generation learners whose parents were rickshaw pullers, or taxi drivers, etc.

slap on the face of the idiot who asked that question.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

the question was

"Last year in IIMs where the ordinary student got admission at high 95%+, the Schedule caste, Schedule tribe went at 33%"...

at this point Chidambaram interjects with "So What?" ... lol

and then goes on to explain how overwhelming majority (8/10) of those who accessed student loans were first generation learners whose parents were rickshaw pullers, or taxi drivers, etc.

slap on the face of the idiot who asked that question.

Bro i am ok with rick pullers or labourers kids getting a head start but not kids of high flying civil servants and Academics

15 hours ago, princeofheaven said:

Bro i am ok with rick pullers or labourers kids getting a head start but not kids of high flying civil servants and Academics

sure Bro. like how we support this latest currency mess, by focusing on the teeny tiny section of corrupt, and not care about the overwhelming majority of poor who are suffering/will suffer.

We want solutions that work 100%, and when its not possible, we'll settle for one's that work at 1 or 2%, as long as the ones that suffer are the ones that we want to see suffer. We don't want solutions that are 80% efficient. cool story bro.

• Upvote 1

A grown man, asking a childish question on reservation. Do these people never learn? never talk to anyone besides in their own bubble?

If I was Chidambaram, I would have said that the simple reason that there is that much difference in cutoff percentiles btwn general and reservation candidates, is the reason reservations exist.

the few people who unfairly benefit from reservation is not the reason to dismantle it and start with something anew, because there has been no other comprehensive solution to this inequality problem in India. Even reservations are not enough. 

I'd be happy if they are extended to the private sector. And I say this as someone who plans to invest in India now. I'm sure I'll hire as many dalits and muslims as possible.

Fcuk these upper caste Hindus man. You guys really disgust me. 

• Upvote 1