Ma school junior spot dead in road accident

samaja_varagamana

Lafayette man killed while trying to help motorist on I-10

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 2:47 AM MSTUpdated: Nov 22, 2016 12:27 PM MST

Photo of Nov. 22, 2016, fatal crash in Henderson, La.Photo of Nov. 22, 2016, fatal crash in Henderson, La.

On November 22, 2016, shortly after 1:00 a.m., Louisiana State Police Troop I investigated a three vehicle fatality crash on Interstate 10 westbound in Henderson. The crash claimed the life of Vineeth Keesara.On November 22, 2016, shortly after 1:00 a.m., Louisiana State Police Troop I investigated a three vehicle fatality crash on Interstate 10 westbound in Henderson. The crash claimed the life of Vineeth Keesara.

UPDATE - A 25-year-old Lafayette man was killed while attempting to help another motorist move a disabled trailer from the interstate early Tuesday morning

According to Master Trooper Brooks David, on November 22, 2016, shortly after 1:00 a.m., Louisiana State Police Troop I investigated a three vehicle fatality crash on Interstate 10 westbound in Henderson. The crash claimed the life of Vineeth Keesara.

The investigation revealed that Tanika Adams, 26, of Jacksonville, Florida was operating a 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan westbound on Interstate 10 near mile marker 144. As the Volkswagen crossed an overpass, a U-Haul trailer being towed by the Volkswagen became detached and came to a stop in the outside lane of I-10. After the trailer became detached, Adams pulled her vehicle to the shoulder, according to David. Keesara was driving a 2003 Honda Accord westbound on I-10 and witnessed the disabled trailer. Keesara pulled his vehicle to the shoulder of the roadway, and Adams along with Keesara approached the trailer on the interstate in an attempt to remove it.

While attempting to move the disabled trailer, a 1989 Peterbilt tractor-trailer crossed the overpass. The driver swerved to the right in an attempt to avoid striking the trailer, but was unsuccessful, stated Master Trooper David.  The tractor-trailer struck the disabled trailer and then the Volkswagen. During the collisions both Adams and Keesara were struck in the roadway.

Keesara sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by the St. Martin Parish Coroner's Office. Adams sustained critical injuries and was transported to a local hospital. Troopers determined the driver of the 18-wheeler was not impaired at the time of the crash. He voluntarily submitted to a chemical test and his results indicated .000g%. 

Troopers do not suspect impairment to be a factor in the crash; however, routine toxicology samples were taken from Adams and Keesara and sent to the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab for analysis.

I-10 Westbound is open following a fatal crash just after midnight.

The right lane is blocked on I-10 West at MM 114. Traffic is passing through the left lane.

State police said a driver pulled off onto the shoulder of the road just west of the Henderson exit when the U-haul trailer it was towing became detached. A second vehicle also pulled over to assist and the people inside both vehicles got out and were standing outside.

Officials said an 18-wheeler driving by swerved onto the shoulder and hit both vehicles and the people--pinning one of them under a car. 

One person was pronounced dead on the scene. Two others were transported to a local hospital and are in critical condition at this hour. 

The identities of the victims have not been released and the crash is still under investigation.

49 minutes ago, samaja_varagamana said:

Everything happened in fraction of seconds life epudu evarini ela sikshisthado ardam kadu

very sad......monne choosa inko case lo kooda okathanu road side vunna vehicle ki help ki velli chanipoyaadu....

Imagining the incident is very horrible ... Rip brother ... I will contribute my part ...

ps : as a suggestion never stop on shoulders of highway Oka sari truck venuka 65 speed lo vallani follow avandi .. Vallaki control undadhu lanes ekestharu atu etu ogippthayi ...girls neeku car rakintay nadapakandi   Meeru car middle of highway lo apothay accidents avuthsyi ... Most of the accidents in us are fine by women