How likely is it to get 5 million dollars investment for a business in India

iddaritho

6 minutes ago, batman said:

do that. its good for the country. but u already shot in ur foot by seeing this also through religion/caste prism. you wont go anywhere this way.

startups are not my style anyway. I'm more of a manufacturing infra guy.

Its true, I'll be fcuked if I pick based on such criteria. but I'll do as much as possible within reason.

8 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Its true, I'll be fcuked if I pick based on such criteria. but I'll do as much as possible within reason.

that is exactly my view too. startups are mostly service oriented. but then manufacturing needs lot of investment

18 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

what is ur idea/plan? only if u want to tell...

1 minute ago, batman said:

what is ur idea/plan? only if u want to tell...

offering manufacturing services for a stake in the company. electronics, auto, for now. later even biotech, aerospace.

I'm still willing to give benefit of doubt to Modi, and see how good this 'Make in India' actually is. Otherwise, I will gladly stay out of India, like I always have.

7 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

offering manufacturing services for a stake in the company. electronics, auto, for now. later even biotech, aerospace.

I'm still willing to give benefit of doubt to Modi, and see how good this 'Make in India' actually is. Otherwise, I will gladly stay out of India, like I always have.

ok so you want to be angel investor/venture capitalist. if u have capital its better to device own idea.

14 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

i know som1 from hyd who wanted to manufacture pvc pipes and fittings. he did a market survey to gauge demand. he found most pvc manufacturing is done in gujarat and its tuff  to compete with them. modi made sure they get excellent transport/ port facilities, transparent taxation and no harassment corruption.  the story is same for most small scale industries in gujarat. however it would be challenging to replicate that at all india level

44 minutes ago, batman said:

ok so you want to be angel investor/venture capitalist. if u have capital its better to device own idea.

Too much work. Anyway, I think you misunderstood 'manufacturing services' as moving capital to help the company buy machines. I sell them for a stake in the company.

I do moving capital too, but won't invest in startups as angel or anything. I'll be more like a Mitt Romney. except I'm not that rich.

5 minutes ago, batman said:

i know som1 from hyd who wanted to manufacture pvc pipes and fittings. he did a market survey to gauge demand. he found most pvc manufacturing is done in gujarat and its tuff  to compete with them. modi made sure they get excellent transport/ port facilities, transparent taxation and no harassment corruption.  the story is same for most small scale industries in gujarat. however it would be challenging to replicate that at all india level

I will document my experiences in doing business in India too.