Urgent help. Mom had breast cancer coming to USA-Insurance question

ilovemyself

Hi All,

My wife's mom was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer 2 years ago in India. Her parents are coming to USA next month and will be staying with us for 6 months. 

I have BCBS for myself and my wife, Can I add her parents to my plan after coming here? Would insurance provider accept eventhough she is a cancer patient?

Are there any other insurance plans which cover preexisting conditions?

I know, afforable care act lo pre-existing condition unna cover cheyali, but cancer patients ni consider chesthara leda? Ochaka cheyamu ante paristhithi enti?

Serious issue...Evaranna same position lo unte chepandi. We have lot of questions...Pls IM me..

26 minutes ago, ilovemyself said:

Hi All,

My wife's mom was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer 2 years ago in India. Her parents are coming to USA next month and will be staying with us for 6 months. 

I have BCBS for myself and my wife, Can I add her parents to my plan after coming here? Would insurance provider accept eventhough she is a cancer patient?

I know, afforable care act lo pre-existing condition unna cover cheyali, but cancer patients ni consider chesthara leda? Ochaka cheyamu ante paristhithi enti?

Serious issue...Evaranna same position lo unte chepandi. We have lot of questions...Pls IM me..

Dont think so. They will need visitors insurance and probably with high limits. 

LTT for experts.

27 minutes ago, ilovemyself said:

Hi All,

Affordable care act residents ki man . Not for visitors.

1 hour ago, ilovemyself said:

Hi All,

My wife's mom was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer 2 years ago in India. Her parents are coming to USA next month and will be staying with us for 6 months

You can not get medicare or medicaide for them, thats only for Citizens.

i am not sure whether you can add to your. Existing plan, ask your HR . If you can add that will be great. But chances are slim.

visitor insurances usually pre existing conditions ki pay cheyavu. You can shop for private insurances. Usually premiums will be north of 1500$ per month with high deductibles. 

If she is still getting chemo or radiation i would not bring her here. If just hormonal therapy buy bunch of pills for 6 months before coming. Get Mammogram, bone scan, ct scans before coming here to see any progression. Worst case scenario she might hv to go back to get treated if any symptoms. Progression of cancer is in weeks not days, and only few emergencies.

god forbid if she needs chemo or radiation or other cancer related surgery you will be bankrupt in days.

11 minutes ago, thokkatholu said:

i am not sure whether you can add to your. Existing plan, ask your HR . If you can add that will be great. But chances are slim.

visitor insurances usually pre existing conditions ki pay cheyavu. You can shop for private insurances. Usually premiums will be north of 1500$ per month with high deductibles. 

If she is still getting chemo or radiation i would not bring her here. If just hormonal therapy buy bunch of pills for 6 months before coming. Get Mammogram, bone scan, ct scans before coming here to see any progression. Worst case scenario she might hv to go back to get treated if any symptoms. Progression of cancer is in weeks not days, and only few emergencies.

god forbid if she needs chemo or radiation or other cancer related surgery you will be bankrupt in days.

I agree.... be prepare and its better not to come if she is under an active chemo/radiation. Check with your HR. 

My personal exp Visitors insurance are not worth at all.. their limits are high and they pay very less and biggest headache is 9 out of 10 doctors in our areas wont accept it bcz its terrible for them to get claim... its ur headache of getting itemized bills and working with claims ...but you need to pay from ur pocket first and then claim... which too me is not worth it...one thing is u can buy most visitor insurance any time and u will get the insurance cards via email in less than 1 hour or so.... but since Aunt is having some health issues... what ever you need you need to get it from India..make sure to get her doctor skype info in case of regular video checkup... but highly not recommended specially during winter...

One option you can try is if she wants to get some treatment work with doctor ...sometimes they charge you half price if u pay in cash...

All the best 

16 hours ago, thokkatholu said:

She has already undergone chemo and radiation 4yrs ago and she is fine now. Usually can't we add out own parents to our existing insurance when they visit us? Are they eligible only for Travel insurances?

13 hours ago, sanjaysahu said:

My personal exp Visitors insurance are not worth at all.. their limits are high and they pay very less and biggest headache is 9 out of 10 doctors in our areas wont accept it bcz its terrible for them to get claim... its ur headache of getting itemized bills and working with claims ...but you need to pay from ur pocket first and then claim... which too me is not worth it...one thing is u can buy most visitor insurance any time and u will get the insurance cards via email in less than 1 hour or so.... but since Aunt is having some health issues... what ever you need you need to get it from India..make sure to get her doctor skype info in case of regular video checkup... but highly not recommended specially during winter...

One option you can try is if she wants to get some treatment work with doctor ...sometimes they charge you half price if u pay in cash...

All the best 

Thanks..Appreciate the response.