Guys from JPMC Columbus

tennisluvr

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

This is very true. I went to a top 25 univ myself in my field of study, and most of my friends were placed straight away. 

which univ bhayya ? just curious

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• tennisluvr

• crazymatta

• jbourne

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, why do you think people don't mind paying 150k for attending institutes like Univ of Chicago(Booth), Harvard, Duke and Stanford for their MBAs and institutes like Yale for their law degrees. It's not because they teach them something special that other lesser institutes dont' teach, it's because the people these people come across are industry leaders, CEOs or future CEOs, business family scions etc. 

Deep connections. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

There's a reason fresh graduates in CS and EE from Stanford, UCB and CalTech get placed straight away in startups and other booming corporations like Zenefits, Uber etc with a sign on bonus of 25k and 200k as base salary. 

They mostly work on coming up with the architecture, algorithms and tools that people like us would end up working with in the future. So they will of course get top billing. People underestimate this but pedigree matters(the institution you attended and the alumni network of that institute) and it matters a LOOOT, even going ahead in life. 

This can of course be compensated by someone who can prove himself to be as good as someone from the top elite schools. You won't start with the benefit they have but your hard work and dedication can put you apart. 

Agreed. There are exceptions but in general having a degree from Univ like above sets you apart. That is what I learned after coming to US. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

For example, why do you think people don't mind paying 150k for attending institutes like Univ of Chicago(Booth), Harvard, Duke and Stanford for their MBAs and institutes like Yale for their law degrees. It's not because they teach them something special that other lesser institutes dont' teach, it's because the people these people come across are industry leaders, CEOs or future CEOs, business family scions etc. 

Deep connections. 

Dude, did you post something on MBA sometime back? Most people don't agree with this and I thought I am lone wolf here in DB. Seems like there is another guy who thinks like me. I pinged you something/

4 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Dude, did you post something on MBA sometime back? Most people don't agree with this and I thought I am lone wolf here in DB. Seems like there is another guy who thinks like me. I pinged you something/

I thought about doing an MBA myself man, still kinda undecided. I wanted to first establish myself here on GC or a citizenship via MAVNI so I won't have to worry about sponsorship and after I graduate which is our situation on H1B. That's why I am still debating waiting for an year or two longer. I have already taken my GMAT. 

But then I also like the law school route as well, so I am in a dilemma now. Anyway what did you ping me about? 

14 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I assume this happened after you graduate in which case it doesn't matter. No one asks the Univ in the interview. It is already mentioned in the resume. Do you know Univ has campus selection in final year and many Fortune 500 firms go only to selected schools?

For example, go to Google/Amazon website and apply for a job as fresher. It will ask you the Univ and grades. Higher the reputation, more chances you get an interview. Big 4 do not even consider outside Top 20 Univ.

bro maaku unde campus recruiting nd stuff. 100% true nu chepedhi.. univ definitely adds some shine in profile still the candidate is the one who makes himself worthy  

16 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Then everyone will put Python, C, C#. People have put 8 yrs exp and they are not afraid to put any languagesin their resumes.

Let's think this way. When you see 100 resumes with same technical skills for 1 job, and you can only select 10 resumes for interview, on what basis you will select those 10? Obviously Univ reputation and grades. So start doing something from B.Tech itself especially trying to get good Univ where there are internships and FT opportunities while in campus itself. 

Antha foresight vunte tupaki jntu clg la lapaki btech enduku chestad. Sadivetoniki manam cheppakarledu 

1 minute ago, crazymatta said:

bro maaku unde campus recruiting nd stuff. 100% true nu chepedhi.. univ definitely adds some shine in profile still the candidate is the one who makes himself worthy  

Ee uni naa matta 

are you bondu babu 

11 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Deep connections. 

+1

16 minutes ago, crazymatta said:

undhi le bro okati austin la.. 

whoz bondu babu?

Sixth street pamous aaa mee vuru la.

aa university aithe akkada university daggarlo oka chinna Indian kitchen vuntundii university village lo 

8 minutes ago, jbourne said:

Sixth street pamous aaa mee vuru la.

aa university aithe akkada university daggarlo oka chinna Indian kitchen vuntundii university village lo 

nu bhi aada nundena naa matta