Digital Payments: Discounts On Petrol, Diesel, Insurance Premium To Service Tax Exemption

Kool_SRG

For online payment of toll on national highways using RFID card/fast tags a discount of 10 per cent will be offered.

The government on Thursday made several announcements to promote digital payments - from offering discounts on petrol, diesel purchase to payment of insurance premium. The discount offered on petrol and diesel alone has the potential of a big reduction in the cash requirement of nearly Rs. 2 lakh crore per year at the petrol pumps. 

Here are key highlights: 

If bought through debit/credit cards or other digital modes, a discount of 0.75 per cent will be offered on purchase of petrol and diesel. And this would translate into a saving of 49 paise per litre and 41 paise on petrol and diesel prices at prices in Delhi. 

Public sector insurance companies will offer discount on online purchase of insurance by digital payments. For general insurance, this discount will be 10 per cent and life insurance 8 per cent. 

Rs. 10 lakh insurance will be given to rail passengers who book railway ticket via digital payments. 

0.5 per cent discount will be offered from January 1 on digital payments for purchase of sub-urban railway monthly and seasonal passes. 

Railways will also offer 5 per cent discount on digital payments for food and retiring room bookings. 

For online payment of toll on national highways using RFID card/fast tags a discount of 10 per cent will be offered. 

The government has also waived service tax charged while making payments through credit card, debit card, charge card or any other payment card, up to payment Rs. 2,000 in a single transaction. 

When a customer uses a credit card, debit card, charge card or any other payment card for payment of his purchase of goods or services, the merchant/service establishment is charged certain merchant discount rate (MDR) by credit card or debit card issuing banks. When a customer uses a credit card, debit card or other e-payment mode, for payment of his purchase of goods or services, the merchant establishment is charged certain fees by credit card or debit card issuing banks. The government has waived service tax on such payments. 

The central government departments and public sector undertakings will ensure that transaction and merchant charges applicable on digital payments are not passed on to the public on payment via digital mode, the government said.

lol yeah 1 week nunchi the're giving discounts on fuel if u fill up with ur card , i dint even realize it until yestdy until one of my friends told me , basically they got rid of the service charge and the transaction charges on CC payments , very good move actually

49 minutes ago, BUDDY said:

lol yeah 1 week nunchi the're giving discounts on fuel if u fill up with ur card , i dint even realize it until yestdy until one of my friends told me , basically they got rid of the service charge and the transaction charges on CC payments , very good move actually

Not all CC payments service attract charges , Fuel branded cards don't attract charges usually and most of Platinum + or higher also won't impose charges for fuel , its a good one if all cards given that chance :)

2 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Not all CC payments service attract charges , Fuel branded cards don't attract charges usually and most of Platinum + or higher also won't impose charges for fuel , its a good one if all cards given that chance :)

I think they made it applicable to all cards now 

3 hours ago, BUDDY said:

ya 2008 lo India poyinapudu,m Card tho pay sesthe 30Rs extra charge chesevaadu, appudu Bike lo petrol ki 200 ayithe, denemma service chareg 30rs 10gevadu 

same with shopping,2% extra+pounds to rupess conversion + UK bank adi 10gudu 

giphy.gif

Just now, Kontekurradu said:

ya 2008 lo India poyinapudu,m Card tho pay sesthe 30Rs extra charge chesevaadu, appudu Bike lo petrol ki 200 ayithe, denemma service chareg 30rs 10gevadu 

same with shopping,2% extra+pounds to rupess conversion + UK bank adi 10gudu 

giphy.gif

Now all service charges are waived off on card payments 

14 minutes ago, BUDDY said:

Now all service charges are waived off on card payments 

is it only for Fuel or on shopping as well ?

max anni bunks lo cards accept chesthunaru anukunta 

1 hour ago, sattipandu said:

for amounts under rs 2000, ani vinnaaa

it applies to any amount ankunta , i filled up with arnd 4k yestdy , so fuel paina still 1rupee/lt r smthn discount ochindi because of waiving of surcharge that's when this conversation came up with a frnd , I dint realize it until then ..

2000 kante thakkuva transactions ki OTP teesesaaru , earlier it used to be two point authentication for all the online transactoins , smaller amnts ki its no longer needed.

1 hour ago, Kontekurradu said:

is it only for Fuel or on shopping as well ?

max anni bunks lo cards accept chesthunaru anukunta 

it applies to any transactions AFAIK , actually bank doesnt matter , master or visa card aithe chaalu they accept them at all the places ...

24 minutes ago, BUDDY said:

it applies to any amount ankunta , i filled up with arnd 4k yestdy , so fuel paina still 1rupee/lt r smthn discount ochindi because of waiving of surcharge that's when this conversation came up with a frnd , I dint realize it until then ..

2000 kante thakkuva transactions ki OTP teesesaaru , earlier it used to be two point authentication for all the online transactoins , smaller amnts ki its no longer needed.

it applies to any transactions AFAIK , actually bank doesnt matter , master or visa card aithe chaalu they accept them at all the places ...

cool,