• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyrannosauraus_Rex

• Peter123

• princeofheaven

• tennisluvr

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Nah bro. My wife is a US citizen, I got my green card back in 2013 through marriage - but you only get a conditional green card for 2 years. That expired in 2015 - and I had to apply for removal of conditions - which I did last year and now I have the regular green card. Should be able to apply for citizenship if I want to now.

congrats ,,,however u cant apply usc now...you should be a pr for 3 years to be eligible for usc

1 hour ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Nah bro. My wife is a US citizen, I got my green card back in 2013 through marriage - but you only get a conditional green card for 2 years. That expired in 2015 - and I had to apply for removal of conditions - which I did last year and now I have the regular green card. Should be able to apply for citizenship if I want to now.

Is your wife desi or videsi? sorry personal question anukuntey don't have to answer. 

6 hours ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Applied for my green card in Dec 2015, received the I-797 letting me know that I will be receiving my green card in 60 days. Green card arrived in December 2016. 

Fortunately the process was quick, hassle free and efficient.

Then why are you here in DB. Go do something useful rather than posting here....DB is only for GC waitlist cry babies

1 hour ago, Peter123 said:

congrats ,,,however u cant apply usc now...you should be a pr for 3 years to be eligible for usc

Yes, I can apply now brother because I am a PR here for more than 3 years. The green card I received now says "Resident since December 2013". So, even though I only got my green card this month - it adds the last 3 years that I have lived here to my current 10 year green card from my previous 2 year conditional green card - and you can actually apply 90 days before the completion of 3 year period - if your spouse happens to be a US citizen.

8 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Not a big deal brother. She is White.

Good choice. All the best to you going ahead. 

PS: Not that this should be posted here but I have no respect for people that marry ABCDs. In all my years of living in the US I found out them being the most superficial bunch of people I could ever have the misfortune of coming across. The ones that are White/Black/Hispanic however seem to be much well rounded and balanced. Just a word of caution for those that are after ABCDs.