Anyone here working in Belk, Charlotte?

tennisluvr

5 minutes ago, LuckyLoser said:

unna vaalane room lo ki pilichi pekesing ata .. and belk lo emundi baiyya overall 400 strores kuda unnayo levo .. nenaithae apdu poledu .. i am not sure how they make profits ... FT ante waste baiyya ..

4Billion revenue anta man.. which is not bad.

6 minutes ago, LuckyLoser said:

unna vaalane room lo ki pilichi pekesing ata .. and belk lo emundi baiyya overall 400 strores kuda unnayo levo .. nenaithae apdu poledu .. i am not sure how they make profits ... FT ante waste baiyya ..

South lo presence bane untundi but end of the day it's not as big as Macy's or Nordstrom. 

5 minutes ago, lucky7 said:

anta cloud and automation devops mahima. All the credit goes to them. DBA's and any one planning to come to dba role, be careful, there are not many dba's needed in future. 

Even networking admins will be gone in the near future. 

5 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

retail, finance and telecom

I worked in all 3. 

Retail as you mentioned headache man. 

Finance was cool, pretty chill to be honest. 

Telecom another headache esp if you work for Internet Service Providers. 

A non-tech company with revenue 4-8 Billion will always try to save costs in every aspect of operations. From IT stand point, they will not take risks with new softwares, they will postpone upgrades until last moment, and they will do most of the things manually because they believe automation costs more. AWS/Cloud is going to change the game but it takes some time.

Until then, my suggestion is talk to people from the company and understand the team culture and growth before going for FT.