One more LinkedIn article - Salesforce.com

Batman_fan

I think more people are realizing now. She thinks it is just SalesForce but the issue is there in all spaces. Don't be one of those guys and get stuck. There are other fields too - Investment banking, Finance, Supply Chain. You get 2 times the money in these fields. All you need to do is do some specialized certificates and build the network that can help you get into the job as fresher like how whites do.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/growing-problem-within-salesforcecom-market-grace-tanner?trk=prof-post

I’m writing in hopes to bring awareness and find a solution to a massive issue that is taking over the Salesforce Consulting Market- fake candidates.

I’ve been in the business of consulting for two years now and never imagined being "catfished" would be an issue I'd face in my line of work. My team and I pride ourselves on becoming experts within the Salesforce.com market, knowing its ins & outs in efforts to provide the best service to our clients and provide job opportunities to our candidates.

We have found that this market consists heavily of H1B candidates from India. Why is that? India has started offering Salesforce development courses within its Universities and trade schools, giving students the opportunities to learn coding skills specific to the platform.

The issue we are seeing is that the candidate pool is flooded is with fake candidates. Candidates will make themselves appear more senior on paper, have other people take their interviews, and even go as far as showing up onsite to a client project impersonating someone else.I’ve spoken to many candidates and asked them their reasoning behind it. One response was quite eye opening.

“Grace, I came to the U.S in 2012. I have four years of experience that I gained in India and was excited and hopeful to transfer my knowledge over to the U.S and continue my career. When I first started my job hunt, I received no calls for months. Discouraged, my employer who sponsored my visa recommended we add a few U.S Salesforce projects on my resume and changed the 4 to 7 years of experience. Immediately I started getting calls, interviews and actually had an opportunity to prove myself. Yes I admit, I struggled in some areas, but at least I was given the chance of landing a project.

Everyone does it Grace, so it’s become the norm for us, we feel it’s the only option for us to have a shot of staying in U.S.” –Salesforce Consultant

I sympathized with him. But the bottom line is it’s fraud and it’s illegal. My teammates and I spend hours upon hours sifting through fake resumes, administrating technical tests, and checking references in order to screen the real ones from the fakes. Clients spend hundreds of thousands of dollars investing in recruiting for their organization, so by falsifying their resumes, “catfish” candidates are wasting client’s money and time. Not only that, but once discovered, they are putting themselves in a situation where they are no longer trustworthy and are entirely tarnishing their reputation within the workforce.

So I would like to address every consultant or employer who is or has engaged in this behavior- it must stop. I’m willing to work with you to find projects that fit your level of experience and educate my clients, but if you continue to do this it will only harm your reputation and chances at securing future projects. Agencies and end clients know how to filter you out. All it takes it proper qualification, a good process and an understanding of the market. Once we discover the culprits, everyone in our network and beyond will know about it so there really is only a down-side to this practice. Ultimately these people are harming the reputation of the larger population of H1B consultants who are entirely legitimate and just as frustrated with this problem as we are.

I’d like to get other people's advice on how they are currently dealing with this, and work together as a Salesforce community to find a solution. Please contact me directly with any questions or suggestions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Srimantudu

• mettastar

• ronitreddy

• Novak_Djokovic

Top Posters In This Topic

entha ginjukuntuna...janalu maradam ledu...na room loki okadu ochadu opt...client deggara reqs ardam cheskodu..intikochi kastapadali job kosam ane mindset ledu...ikada tough undi pekesina parledu vere chuskunta antadu... ADI vala confidence

3 minutes ago, Srimantudu said:

entha ginjukuntuna...janalu maradam ledu...na room loki okadu ochadu opt...client deggara reqs ardam cheskodu..intikochi kastapadali job kosam ane mindset ledu...ikada tough undi pekesina parledu vere chuskunta antadu... ADI vala confidence

Nee room lo poragadu endii ippudu forced bachelor haa bro nuvvu 

i agree to that antha NPU CMU SVU ITU batch ee 

1 minute ago, jbourne said:

Nee room lo poragadu endii ippudu forced bachelor haa bro nuvvu 

i agree to that antha NPU CMU SVU ITU batch ee 

Yes 1more month :D

aunu assalu vadini chuste nake pichi dengutundi....job oste adi ela kapadukovala ani chustunde...ipudu jobs ravadame kastam undi..andulo ilantolaki oste mis use chestunaru...pr-xy call teskovali supfort pani cheyali veedu jeetham teskovali..adi ATTITUDE ( billing ekkuva unna techs ee kavali malli)

1 minute ago, Srimantudu said:

Yes 1more month :D

aunu assalu vadini chuste nake pichi dengutundi....job oste adi ela kapadukovala ani chustunde...ipudu jobs ravadame kastam undi..andulo ilantolaki oste mis use chestunaru...pr-xy call teskovali supfort pani cheyali veedu jeetham teskovali..adi ATTITUDE ( billing ekkuva unna techs ee kavali malli)

ey ooru nunchi vastharu baa ilantollu andaru.. mundhu mundhu opt gaallu inka assam ey... anni locals and face to face requirements ey padathayi 

Just now, mettastar said:

ey ooru nunchi vastharu baa ilantollu andaru.. mundhu mundhu opt gaallu inka assam ey... anni locals and face to face requirements ey padathayi 

adey vadiki cheppi chusanu...entha sepu tinadam youtube lo videos chudatam and pandatam tappithe...concept nerchukundam ani ledu

1 minute ago, mettastar said:

f2f lekunda skype chestunaru kada...adi kuda edo pedda skecth esi evado matadithe velu mimicry anta..adi okasari chudalani undi @LuckyLoser invite chesta annadu vala consultants interviews unte...i am excited to see that

15 minutes ago, Srimantudu said:

mem maramu..Meeru alane chesaru kada..Mem anthe chestham..