mavni reservists waiting to ship

yomama

seems like by law you are now eligible to apply for citizenship directly according to Lt Col.Stock. She posted a link referring to law that you are eligible and need to get the N form signed by company commander.

If i was you, this is what i would do:

1) check the fb mavni forum and confirm the above message from Lt Col Stock.

2) When i go for the drills , i would talk to platoon sergeant and request to speak with company commander. 

3) Explain company commander that am willing to take a full time opportunity which will help me to stay in the city with out any financial trouble and support the family. 

Make sure you don't sound like asking a favor but do mention the USCIS laws for reference.

Not sure how impressed he was with me but if i can i would ask a letter of recommendation. 

(Make friends with NCO,1LTs and company S-shop)

4) Apply for citizenship and staw away from paying anymore damn h1 visa fees forever.

57 minutes ago, yomama said:

seems like by law you are now eligible to apply for citizenship directly according to Lt Col.Stock. She posted a link referring to law that you are eligible and need to get the N form signed by company commander.

If i was you, this is what i would do:

1) check the fb mavni forum and confirm the above message from Lt Col Stock.

2) When i go for the drills , i would talk to platoon sergeant and request to speak with company commander. 

3) Explain company commander that am willing to take a full time opportunity which will help me to stay in the city with out any financial trouble and support the family. 

Make sure you don't sound like asking a favor but do mention the USCIS laws for reference.

Not sure how impressed he was with me but if i can i would ask a letter of recommendation. 

(Make friends with NCO,1LTs and company S-shop)

4) Apply for citizenship and staw away from paying anymore damn h1 visa fees forever.

@yomamaWell said, Lt Col Stock has indeed mentioned this on the forum. I have a personal one on one session with her next week when I am going to discuss this issue at length. I have already encouraged @kakatiya to avail this opportunity.

My issue is that I am not able to attend the drills due to my reserve unit being >1000 miles from where I am located right now. However, I have already spoken to my unit commander who I communicate with regularly over the phone and she understands the hardship I face to attend the drills due to being not able to find a permanent position near my unit due to my visa status and the fact that my job options are limited, so she's willing to help me out with this.

Kakatiya has a better chance since he regularly attends his drills, and knows his unit and unit commander personally. I am still going to try inspite of what happens, and if I were to stand a better chance to get my naturalization by attending the drills, I shall attend the drills without fail even if I am >2000 miles away from unit henceforth.

Fingers crossed for now.

33 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

@yomamaWell said, Lt Col Stock has indeed mentioned this on the forum. I have a personal one on one session with her next week when I am going to discuss this issue at length. I have already encouraged @kakatiya to avail this opportunity.

My issue is that I am not able to attend the drills due to my reserve unit being >1000 miles from where I am located right now. However, I have already spoken to my unit commander who I communicate with regularly over the phone and she understands the hardship I face to attend the drills due to being not able to find a permanent position near my unit due to my visa status and the fact that my job options are limited, so she's willing to help me out with this.

Kakatiya has a better chance since he regularly attends his drills, and knows his unit and unit commander personally. I am still going to try inspite of what happens, and if I were to stand a better chance to get my naturalization by attending the drills, I shall attend the drills without fail even if I am >2000 miles away from unit henceforth.

Fingers crossed for now.

Why didn't you try the local unit ?? I highly recommend attending drills until you finish the naturalization. 

17 minutes ago, yomama said:

Why didn't you try the local unit ?? I highly recommend attending drills until you finish the naturalization. 

Because I was told that transferring my unit before my BCT was finished was a pretty big hassle. They said once I finished my BCT and got naturalized this process was much more easier. I am still trying to find a job closer to my unit's location and move there but you know we don't have much leverage being on H1B in the current job market.