lifted from pakka db....

BillMarkSteve

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has published new regulations to provide greater flexibility for high-skilled foreign workers who have an approved employment-based immigrant visa petition, while they wait for a green card. The intent of these new rules will better enable U.S. employers to sponsor and retain high-skilled foreign workers, increase the ability of such workers to seek promotions, accept lateral positions, change employers, or pursue other employment options. 

The highlights of this rule change, include:

• Retention of Approved Immigration Visa (I-140) Petitions: Immigrant petitions submitted by U.S. employers to request permanent employment on behalf of a foreign national (Form I-140) may no longer be automatically revoked based on a request by the employer to withdraw the petition. Additionally, the immigrant petition will not be revoked if the the request to withdraw is based on the termination of the employer’s business 180 days after either the I-140’s approval or the filing of an I-485 application for adjustment of status. While the I-140 would remain valid, the foreign national would need a new job offer or new petition in order to apply for a green card.
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Grace Periods: A one-time grace period of up to 60 days whenever employment ends, will allow for greater job portability for nonimmigrant workers (especially H-1B, E-1, E-2, E-3, L-1, O-1 and TN visa holders). During the grace period the nonimmigrant worker may apply for an extension of stay or change of status. While the nonimmigrant will not be authorized for employment during the grace period, it will provide flexibility to allow for new employment in case of sudden termination.
  • Employment Authorization in Compelling Circumstances: In compelling circumstances, DHS will allow certain individuals with an approved I-140 petition, who are unable to obtain an immigrant visa because of numerical limits, to apply for a one-year employment authorization document (EAD). This new rule would only apply to individuals in E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, L-1 or O-1 status. DHS has identified “compelling circumstances” as serious illness or disabilities, employer retaliation, other substantial harm to the applicant, or significant disruption to the employer.
  • Employment Authorization Document Processing: Certain individuals may be granted automatic EAD extensions for up to 180 days, so long as they timely renew their EAD and it is based on the same employment authorization category as the existing EAD. The extension is available only to certain foreign nationals, including adjustment of status applicants and individuals filing for renewal of Optional Practical Training (OPT) based on a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field. This provision does not apply to H-4, L-2, or E nonimmigrant spouses seeking an EAD renewal.

The new regulation will become effective January 17, 2017, three days before Donald Trump takes office. These regulations should remain in place, unless Congress acts to cancel them. Please contact our office for further questions or clarification.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ade thread lo kinda comments chadavaleda...

this is one month old notification ani...

matter old aa...new aa kaadu vuncle....

...pakka db lo...head count thakkuva...

ikkada post chesthe...inka new people ki telustundi ani post chesa...just a heads-up...

1 minute ago, BillMarkSteve said:

matter old aa...new aa kaadu vuncle....

...pakka db lo...head count thakkuva...

ikkada post chesthe...inka new people ki telustundi ani post chesa...just a heads-up...

100 page disco aipoindi deeni meeda multiple threads already.

Just now, Spartan said:

100 page disco aipoindi deeni meeda multiple threads already.

avunu vuncle...

immi gration -law .com

track itt 

chala posts paddai....ee topic mida...even our db...