Car accident-Not at fault

infoseeker786

They have already sent me paper work to transfer the title to their name(state farm).They told that the car is declared as total loss , it would be going to scrap yard.From what i have seen that car in collision cetnter is completely useless , it is pretty bad hit.They removed all the parts from the car. lucky i escaped from it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spider_reddy

• infoseeker786

• dkchinnari

• mettastar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, mettastar said:

bro oka question.. ipudu ne nissan altima ni state farm vadu ammesukuntada ? or do you have the option to get it repaired and keep with you buy paying some amount to state farm?

@3$% ela vasthai myan ilanti ideas

3 minutes ago, dkchinnari said:

@3$% ela vasthai myan ilanti ideas

whats wrong in that man.. its like buying a salvage title vehicle

by the wat datastage chesetollaki ilanti ideas common baa @3$%

7 minutes ago, MSRMH said:

They have already sent me paper work to transfer the title to their name(state farm).They told that the car is declared as total loss , it would be going to scrap yard.From what i have seen that car in collision cetnter is completely useless , it is pretty bad hit.They removed all the parts from the car. lucky i escaped from it.

Ne car enthaku konnav and entha loss ayyav?

for example- nenu Jan-2016 lo same Altima 25k ki konna anuko...

nov -2016 lo same ne scenario ayithe enta istadu if he gives same $18k then manaku loss ee kada 7k.

9 minutes ago, mettastar said:

whats wrong in that man.. its like buying a salvage title vehicle

by the wat datastage chesetollaki ilanti ideas common baa @3$%

Vadu car total chestuna ani chepaka malla vadi kadane kontavaaa.. goppollu ra babu

59 minutes ago, MSRMH said:

hey It exactly happened same  to me on November 14th 2016. Here are the below things 

November 14th 2016

- A women came from back and hit my car (nissan Altima 2016) and which has caused my car to move forward and hit another car

- My car back bumper half of it is gone and front  bumper also gone, as she came in speed and caused me to hit another car in front.

- After this happened state patrol is already available in that traffic , they came immediately and gave the citation for that woman

- I took the car to collision center which is shared by Geico and statefarm

- That women Car insurance is state farm

- I got a call from state farm and they asked what happened , I expained everything

- After 10 minutes again state farm called and gave me claim number and the rental car location to pick the car for time being.

November 21st 2016

- After few days collision center called me and said car was Total loss(nissan altmia 2016)

-  They will decide the total loss factor based on if the car repair costs more than 60 % or 70 % of the price they are total loss

November 26th 2016 (yes on Saturday)

- State farm has called me and sent an email that they will pay 18,660$ for the car to the lien holder(Nissan). $18,220 was the pending loan amount.

- They also offered remaining amount was $440 cheque was mailed to me.

November 30th 2016,

- Nissan has received the $18,220 pending loan amount., they closed the loan on my name  

- State farm has offered the rental car till December 1st 2016,

December 5th 2016 

I went and bought new Toyota camry LE 2017

Nothing happened to my wife and me ,my wife has  shoulder back pain, from that time onwards she visited the doctor, state farm has offered  money for the doctor fess, 

have to send bills to them.Doctor has advised my wife to take few days off in which state farm will pay for that missing days in office. First they will ask your authorization/ employer details  in regards to this one.

for me nothing happened except lot of stress again going and visting dealers  for getting another car and also has few things that needs to be released that needs to be done in office. Hope this helps. My Car Insurance is Geico, you should never open any claim from your insurance, let everything should come from the person who is at fault(state Farm). 

Geico told that they will have everything in my driver history even though you are not at fault.The difference is there will be surcharge ($$$) for the person who is at fault.  

Thanks for the detailed answer bro

46 minutes ago, Picha lite said:

Ne car enthaku konnav and entha loss ayyav?

for example- nenu Jan-2016 lo same Altima 25k ki konna anuko...

nov -2016 lo same ne scenario ayithe enta istadu if he gives same $18k then manaku loss ee kada 7k.

ante ne car value nov 2016 lo kuda 25k untada .. goppollu ra babu @3$%

1 minute ago, mettastar said:

ante ne car value nov 2016 lo kuda 25k untada .. goppollu ra babu @3$%

nee car value thaggate ichaaru baa neeku claim funds...overall ga cheppukovalante loss ee...

monthly 600 car rental+insurance petti thisukunte same anthe avthundi kada...lease ithe yearly 4k max....so nuvu extra 3k dhobbinchukunaav lease lekka tho calculate chesthe

13 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

nee car value thaggate ichaaru baa neeku claim funds...overall ga cheppukovalante loss ee...

monthly 600 car rental+insurance petti thisukunte same anthe avthundi kada...lease ithe yearly 4k max....so nuvu extra 3k dhobbinchukunaav lease lekka tho calculate chesthe

1 hour ago, MSRMH said:

hey It exactly happened same  to me on November 14th 2016. Here are the below things 

November 14th 2016

- A women came from back and hit my car (nissan Altima 2016) and which has caused my car to move forward and hit another car

- My car back bumper half of it is gone and front  bumper also gone, as she came in speed and caused me to hit another car in front.

- After this happened state patrol is already available in that traffic , they came immediately and gave the citation for that woman

- I got a call from state farm and they asked what happened , I expained everything

- After 10 minutes again state farm called and gave me claim number and the rental car location to pick the car for time being.

November 21st 2016

- After few days collision center called me and said car was Total loss(nissan altmia 2016)

-  They will decide the total loss factor based on if the car repair costs more than 60 % or 70 % of the price they are total loss

- State farm has called me and sent an email that they will pay 18,660$ for the car to the lien holder(Nissan). $18,220 was the pending loan amount.

November 30th 2016,

- Nissan has received the $18,220 pending loan amount., they closed the loan on my name  

December 5th 2016 

Nothing happened to my wife and me ,my wife has  shoulder back pain, from that time onwards she visited the doctor, state farm has offered  money for the doctor fess, 

have to send bills to them.Doctor has advised my wife to take few days off in which state farm will pay for that missing days in office. First they will ask your authorization/ employer details  in regards to this one.

for me nothing happened except lot of stress again going and visting dealers  for getting another car and also has few things that needs to be released that needs to be done in office. Hope this helps. My Car Insurance is Geico, you should never open any claim from your insurance, let everything should come from the person who is at fault(state Farm). 

Geico told that they will have everything in my driver history even though you are not at fault.The difference is there will be surcharge ($$$) for the person who is at fault.  

congrats n all the best man

2 hours ago, MSRMH said:

November 14th 2016

November 21st 2016

November 30th 2016,

December 5th 2016 

Well done brother...helpful answer icchav oopika tho...

4 hours ago, infoseeker786 said:

Hi Friends,

Need your opinion.Nenu Texas lo exit tesukuntunte venakanundi oka tell pori vachi car to guddindi.Na car lo nenu na wife unnamu.No physical injuries to anyone.But na back bumper damage ayindi and car backpart koncham shapeout ayindi.Cop vachi accident report ichadu.Report lo tella poridhe fault ani mention chesadu cop and she also got "following too closely" citation.Can you please suggest how to approach insurance.ikkada both both parties insurance provider is Geico.So nenu damages claim cheste Geico vadu na premium penche chance unda?

Update-I called GEICO to file a claim but it seems that the other party already filed a claim and GEICO decided that the other party is at fault.They gave me option to go for GEICO AutoRepair express program(Inspection+Repair) or Inspection only.I opted for Inspection only.My plan is, once I get the estimate for the damages repairs, I will take the cheque and get my car fixed at a Makku or desi body shop at cheaper rate

2 hours ago, MSRMH said:

November 14th 2016

November 21st 2016

November 30th 2016,

December 5th 2016 

deeniki inconvenience charges ani 10gochu guddina vadi daggara(could be guddina vadi insurance)....friend okadiki ilane accident aithe 3-4k 10gadu inconvenience charges ani...of course friend ki lawyer unnadu...