H-1B Visas And Foreign Tech Workers In Charlotte

TampaChinnodu

4 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

I worked and lived in Charlotte for a few years. The first time I went there I saw very few desis and even the ones I had seen were mostly around the university area of town. 

Now there are housing markets which are exclusively desi filled. The real estate has been inflated tremendously due to the influx of all these desis. I know 4 people in Charlotte currently who have been doing 2 jobs one legally paying the taxes and the other under someone else's name taking cash in India. This scam has been going on for 3-4 years now. 

Desi politics are extremely common in TIAA-CREF one of the hiring managers there was a desi who scammed the company to the tune of a few millions and was fired(I even know his name). Same with Wells Fargo as well now a days. Bank of America is anything but American when it comes to the IT department. There are some good emerging workplaces like Red Ventures who hold promise but overall allure of Charlotte has been seriously taken away by the influx of cheap desi workforce to Charlotte. 

I heard Ally Bank is entirely being taken over by desis now and the hiring process is being filled internally, often taking money as bribe from prospective candidates. Naaku telisina oka 2-3 mandi kalakhandalu unnaru akkada. 

Ee city lo choosina ive story lu

Mari goram gaa kampu sesthunnaru 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mettastar

• tennisluvr

• TampaChinnodu

• Android_Halwa

Charlotte is too worse. Comparitively a smaller city and huge workforce, the desi invasion is being visible more clearly.

The effect of H1B's is way out of control. Infy Bots, TCS Bots and CTS Bots favourite city is Charlotte. Comparitively cheaper lfiestye copst, low rents, affordable to own a house and Bofa,Wells-fargo and TIAA is like home coming for these tech imports. and when we talk about the culture and mutual respect, Well, lets not talk about that as we all know the kind of culture human bots carry from Bangalore to India. 

One interesting thing that has happened in the last few week and still happening. This is not PAKE story but a real scene that is still happening now while we talk about charlotte.Check it out with your friends..They might have come across this issue..

As we all know the car dealers offer gift cards of $25-$50 for test driving a car. so, around ThanksGiving week, the word has spread to these human bots that car dealers are giving away gift cards to anyone goes for a test drive. All over charlotte, almost all the car dealers has this offer going on and out tech wizards from India, started taking advantage of this scheme, started to visit as many car dealers as possible over the weekend to get hands on those gift cards. I know a guy who works at TIAA, a tech genius imported from India, an InfyBot, has made $200 in one weekend and now feels its better to visit car dealers over the weekend as part times so that he can save more.

Even this has been abused so much so that another guy who went in to buy a SUV in real has landed into embarrassment and eventually the dealer has apologized for their misadventure.

When this guy walked into the car dealer, the salesman has asked if he has any coupon with him and said he can directly deposit the coupon with the front desk and they will send gift card in the mail in the next 10-15 days without even enquiring why this guy walked into the car dealer. The salesman mistook a real car buyer for another desi import  came looking for giftcards and they explained the same to this guy which left him so embarassed. 

This offer is being run by the manufacturer and the dealers are forced to give away gift cards.Else, they would never take such things happening. 

This is Charlotte. Move away from this city guys, your kids will suffer a lot if you stay in this city

Recently when I had a discussion with my friend from Charlotte who works with Wells, he was considering FT opportunity and thinking to settle down. In the end, he has moved away from Charlotte and relocated to Milwaukee. 

His complaint was that Charlotte has become a hub for this mestri-vendor nexus and they have fixed the rates as $50-$55 C2C for a senior role,$40 for BA role, $35 for QA role.

No matter what your expertise, experience level, or role, these are fixed rates and your manager's wife runs a consulting company which will be the layer company in between and even these guys have a standard rate of $5 margin.  

and he could see influx of these human bots from India tripled each year and is now worried about sending his kid to school as most of the schools will now be filled with these Human Bot's kids and felt his kid might fall back in class or become a target of bullying and was really concerned about his kid's schooling and left Charlotte for good.

Human Bots...You should do a course in American Culture even before you land in Bangalore. and yes of course, some basic etiquette habits.

28 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Recently when I had a discussion with my friend from Charlotte who works with Wells, he was considering FT opportunity and thinking to settle down. In the end, he has moved away from Charlotte and relocated to Milwaukee. 

His complaint was that Charlotte has become a hub for this mestri-vendor nexus and they have fixed the rates as $50-$55 C2C for a senior role,$40 for BA role, $35 for QA role.

No matter what your expertise, experience level, or role, these are fixed rates and your manager's wife runs a consulting company which will be the layer company in between and even these guys have a standard rate of $5 margin.  

and he could see influx of these human bots from India tripled each year and is now worried about sending his kid to school as most of the schools will now be filled with these Human Bot's kids and felt his kid might fall back in class or become a target of bullying and was really concerned about his kid's schooling and left Charlotte for good.

Human Bots...You should do a course in American Culture even before you land in Bangalore. and yes of course, some basic etiquette habits.

I used to work there as well with Wells now even though I like the city and all that, it's changed so much. You can see hoardes of our tech genuises walking around in the Uptown area any given day of the year. Southern women are very beautiful and used to be pretty friendly in the past. 

I have seen one of our tech wizards pick an argument with a girl outside Whiskey River in Charlotte because he apparently wanted to dance with her and she spurned his advances. Instead of moving on, he ended up saying something not so palatable with her due to which the bartender had to get involved and throw them out of the bar. 

All in all, Charlotte is still a very nice and affordable place to live. I hope our tech wizards realize the damage they are causing to the culture there and start behaving in a more civil manner. Also the billing rates mafia has taken strong footing there, I know atleast 7 of our former H1Bs who ended up getting GCs recently. All of them have their own "consulting firms" that take $5 as a "layer" on IT contracts. 

31 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

A few things that come to my mind: 

1) Please clip your nails, your nails and the dirt they carry is disgusting to see

2) Please chew your mouth while eating esp when it's a group lunch or a meeting where they order pizza. It's pretty unsettling to see you make camel like sounds while munching on that pizza

3) Please don't misuse the concept of gift cards. If it's given by dealers as a thank you gesture make sure we maintain it that way instead of looking at it as a loophole to exploit. 

43 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Charlotte is too worse. Comparitively a smaller city and huge workforce, the desi invasion is being visible more clearly.

The effect of H1B's is way out of control. Infy Bots, TCS Bots and CTS Bots favourite city is Charlotte. Comparitively cheaper lfiestye copst, low rents, affordable to own a house and Bofa,Wells-fargo and TIAA is like home coming for these tech imports. and when we talk about the culture and mutual respect, Well, lets not talk about that as we all know the kind of culture human bots carry from Bangalore to India. 

One interesting thing that has happened in the last few week and still happening. This is not PAKE story but a real scene that is still happening now while we talk about charlotte.Check it out with your friends..They might have come across this issue..

As we all know the car dealers offer gift cards of $25-$50 for test driving a car. so, around ThanksGiving week, the word has spread to these human bots that car dealers are giving away gift cards to anyone goes for a test drive. All over charlotte, almost all the car dealers has this offer going on and out tech wizards from India, started taking advantage of this scheme, started to visit as many car dealers as possible over the weekend to get hands on those gift cards. I know a guy who works at TIAA, a tech genius imported from India, an InfyBot, has made $200 in one weekend and now feels its better to visit car dealers over the weekend as part times so that he can save more.

Even this has been abused so much so that another guy who went in to buy a SUV in real has landed into embarrassment and eventually the dealer has apologized for their misadventure.

When this guy walked into the car dealer, the salesman has asked if he has any coupon with him and said he can directly deposit the coupon with the front desk and they will send gift card in the mail in the next 10-15 days without even enquiring why this guy walked into the car dealer. The salesman mistook a real car buyer for another desi import  came looking for giftcards and they explained the same to this guy which left him so embarassed. 

This offer is being run by the manufacturer and the dealers are forced to give away gift cards.Else, they would never take such things happening. 

This is Charlotte. Move away from this city guys, your kids will suffer a lot if you stay in this city

I knew one "manager" in TIAA who used to come to the office mostly only to print such coupons. He would do extensive research on the various kinds of coupons, come to the office, print those coupons and go on 2 hour lunches with his "employees"(the ones that are on the payroll of his H1B turned GC sister's "contracting company"). 

As for the gift cards being misused, I have seen plenty of desis that live in Charlotte who buy stuff from Walmart, use it for 89 days and return it just before the 90 day return window closes. They then go to Target and continue doing the same. I am sure your tech genius buddy from TIAA who made $200 from getting those gift cards on Thanksgiving day must have been proud of his methodology. 

Coming to which, I just remembered one incident in Uptown Charlotte area a few years ago. There's a college night at "Prohibition Bar" where all the pretty ladies from UNCC come down to dance. One car salesman met me outside at the smoking lobby and told me that desis were the cheapest customers he ever encountered. He said he always felt and was told that Jews were the cheapest bargain makers while growing up but says desis have taken it a step beyond. I tried to counter him but then we know what the reality is. 

Keep the flow flowing desi tech geniuses, Charlotte will be one more town where they will soon start hating our ways. 

1 hour ago, Android_Halwa said:

Dallas lo very common, apartment lo unna desis andaru kalisi potharu

7 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

Did you know they have chai selling stands in the Uptown area of Charlotte now a days. I saw the last time I was there. 

Yeah, someone said so..that they have these chai stands in Uptown..

What the fuck is happening in this country foks ;  h1b , students from state university are  ** up by this desi shits from broker background.  L 1 is Tamil and Hindi guys special . Foks can you post me direct brokers bro . I need Job . 😊

2 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

I knew one "manager" in TIAA who used to come to the office mostly only to print such coupons. He would do extensive research on the various kinds of coupons, come to the office, print those coupons and go on 2 hour lunches with his "employees"(the ones that are on the payroll of his H1B turned GC sister's "contracting company"). 

As for the gift cards being misused, I have seen plenty of desis that live in Charlotte who buy stuff from Walmart, use it for 89 days and return it just before the 90 day return window closes. They then go to Target and continue doing the same. I am sure your tech genius buddy from TIAA who made $200 from getting those gift cards on Thanksgiving day must have been proud of his methodology. 

Coming to which, I just remembered one incident in Uptown Charlotte area a few years ago. There's a college night at "Prohibition Bar" where all the pretty ladies from UNCC come down to dance. One car salesman met me outside at the smoking lobby and told me that desis were the cheapest customers he ever encountered. He said he always felt and was told that Jews were the cheapest bargain makers while growing up but says desis have taken it a step beyond. I tried to counter him but then we know what the reality is. 

Keep the flow flowing desi tech geniuses, Charlotte will be one more town where they will soon start hating our ways. 

@tennisluvr Yes indeed...the guy from TIAA was very proud of his intelligence. 

That was just the beginning. The next time, these guys went in a group of 6 people to take advantage of gift cards by car dealers. Even the car dealers were not interested in entertaining such cheap tactics knowing for sure that these guys would never turn up to buy a car but just interested in gift card only. These dealers had to entertain this promotion as these kinds of promotions are being run by the manufacturer and so they have to accept these kinds of offers.

I'm not a local to charlotte or never been there for long but used to visit quite often. Initially, I used to go there to meet a friend of mine at the University of NC, which was a decent university and it had a good crowd and the decent desi crowd and was expecting Charlotte to be a nice and modern town.

After I started my frequent trips to Charlotte, I realized ground reality. It's being taken over by uncultured culture.  Charlotte welcoming the most unwelcomed people on earth. 

Guys, just avoid Charlotte for the long term and to settle down. It has very ugly culture. You will forget your culture and get habituated to these dangerous work culture and you will get polluted and corrupted too. 

Charlotte is breeding ground for uncultured and uncivilized highly talented individuals who cannot do anything better than their job and technically well-trained people but culturally least well behaved.

Guys, if you are in Charlotte and plan to raise your kids, Move the hell away from Charlotte. Because your kids will also get influenced by other desi kids and their behavior whose parents might not have an idea about American culture but only different unethical ways to make money and we can expect such parents to not teach their kids a slice of American life and etiquette which in turn will have effect on your kids too. 

Avoid Charlotte if you want to live life ethically. I know some people might be reading this might not like my view but I will be glad if you can change your lifestyle or living up to the standards around you. I know its a free world and you have every right to live as you like as long as you don't break law but we are living in a society with people around us, It's good to adapt to the local culture.By doing so, you would be also contributing to the local culture and adopt another way of life. If not the American way, at least socially while you are at work or among others. 

9 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

@tennisluvr Yes indeed...the guy from TIAA was very proud of his intelligence. 

That was just the beginning. The next time, these guys went in a group of 6 people to take advantage of gift cards by car dealers. Even the car dealers were not interested in entertaining such cheap tactics knowing for sure that these guys would never turn up to buy a car but just interested in gift card only. These dealers had to entertain this promotion as these kinds of promotions are being run by the manufacturer and so they have to accept these kinds of offers.

I'm not a local to charlotte or never been there for long but used to visit quite often. Initially, I used to go there to meet a friend of mine at the University of NC, which was a decent university and it had a good crowd and the decent desi crowd and was expecting Charlotte to be a nice and modern town.

After I started my frequent trips to Charlotte, I realized ground reality. It's being taken over by uncultured culture.  Charlotte welcoming the most unwelcomed people on earth. 

Guys, just avoid Charlotte for the long term and to settle down. It has very ugly culture. You will forget your culture and get habituated to these dangerous work culture and you will get polluted and corrupted too. 

Charlotte is breeding ground for uncultured and uncivilized highly talented individuals who cannot do anything better than their job and technically well-trained people but culturally least well behaved.

Guys, if you are in Charlotte and plan to raise your kids, Move the hell away from Charlotte. Because your kids will also get influenced by other desi kids and their behavior whose parents might not have an idea about American culture but only different unethical ways to make money and we can expect such parents to not teach their kids a slice of American life and etiquette which in turn will have effect on your kids too. 

Avoid Charlotte if you want to live life ethically. I know some people might be reading this might not like my view but I will be glad if you can change your lifestyle or living up to the standards around you. I know its a free world and you have every right to live as you like as long as you don't break law but we are living in a society with people around us, It's good to adapt to the local culture.By doing so, you would be also contributing to the local culture and adopt another way of life. If not the American way, at least socially while you are at work or among others. 

okkapudu lots of TIAA and Ally reks baytaki ochevi ippudu assalu CLT market sappudu ee ledu, Antha internal anukunta