h1 to h4 - status change clarification

newwlife

6 hours ago, newwlife said:

Hello everyone,

My spouse's h1 got picked & approved this Oct last week , however she cannot work as she's pregnant now. Her employer asked to apply for change of status so he can withdraw h1 & later whenever she's ready , h1 can be applied again. In this regard , to apply for COS to h4 is it OK if we do not provide paystubs as there's a valid reason for her inability to work . Also in the form I-539 , how do we answer for the 19th questions in part 4 . Please suggest if anyone had this kind of situation before

they will definitely ask for paystubs and also depends on the start date mentioned in the h1b filing, 

6 hours ago, newwlife said:

Hello everyone,

My spouse's h1 got picked & approved this Oct last week , however she cannot work as she's pregnant now. Her employer asked to apply for change of status so he can withdraw h1 & later whenever she's ready , h1 can be applied again. In this regard , to apply for COS to h4 is it OK if we do not provide paystubs as there's a valid reason for her inability to work . Also in the form I-539 , how do we answer for the 19th questions in part 4 . Please suggest if anyone had this kind of situation before

dude consult immigration attorney.. and change to H4 ... if you got H1 and she doenst have any paystubs..