• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mekapichal_mnthmkura

• ceelogreen

• idibezwada

• k2s

1 hour ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

Drive mode nundi Reverse or Parking mode lo ki anukokunda vellara... when on Highway or in good speed.. (atleast 45mph) lo..
what happens when that happens.. monna drive chestunnappudu.. friend gadu back pack jaruputuntey Drive nundi Nuetral poyindi.. appudu ee thought ochidni... okavela reverse or parking loki  chesuntey meelo evaraina em jarigindi.. or cars are designed to handle that siutations aa?

pakkana junk yard ki vellipovatame next.....

1 hour ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

Drive mode nundi Reverse or Parking mode lo ki anukokunda vellara... when on Highway or in good speed.. (atleast 45mph) lo..
what happens when that happens.. monna drive chestunnappudu.. friend gadu back pack jaruputuntey Drive nundi Nuetral poyindi.. appudu ee thought ochidni... okavela reverse or parking loki  chesuntey meelo evaraina em jarigindi.. or cars are designed to handle that siutations aa?

Parking lo nunchi D or R  ki povali ante Break veyyali ga. idhi anthe. N ke potadhi. Reverese loki podhu without hitting Break

John Timaeus
John Timaeus, Mechanic and super tuner.

All modern vehicles have some kind of lock out to prevent this: some are mechanical, some electronic, some a combination of both.  If you did override it, the results would be bad.

In a manual, if you did push hard enough (and you'll need to push really hard) to get the dogs to engage as was pointed out by Robert Johnson you'll probably just strip off the teeth.  If you managed to get it into gear, when you let out the clutch the results would be bad.

How bad?  In 2000 I was operations manager for a start-up telecom company.  I did research and selected the Toyota as our standard company truck.  It had great mileage, high reliability ratings, and was made in the U.S.  Someone above me was related to someone at a local Dodge dealer, instead we got the <name redacted> - made I believe somewhere south of the border; 34 of them, all with sequential VINs. They also had horrible reliability ratings, bad mileage, and drove like your father's Oldsmobile.

They also had a defect.  The gear shift lever simply moved a selector switch, which in turn caused a series of solenoids to actually do the shifting in the transmission.  There was a lot of slop in this lever and some wire harness issues that would occasionally cause the truck to shift to an essentially random gear.  Since we covered lots of territory, odds were that when this happened we'd be driving at highway speed.

I had this happen (from locked overdrive to low at about 75mph) and the rear tires slid for about 100 meters until the forward universal joint failed causing the drive shaft to begin flopping around under the vehicle until the rear u-joint failed and it separated, puncturing the tire and destroying one side of the bed as I ran over/into it.

One of my employees had a drive to reverse fail at highway speed.  He slid over 300 meters and was fortunately skilled (and lucky) enough to get off the highway into the gravel shoulder without rolling the truck.  I was nearest and showed up before the tow truck did.  I noticed that there were fluids bleeding from the engine compartment.  Investigation showed that the motor mounts had separated.  The motor itself had rotated enough to rip out radiator lines, snap a brake line, and mangle all the wiring on one side of the engine compartment.  These are the bad things.  I would have been very happy with a simple clutch or torque converter failure.

3 minutes ago, Bathai_Babji said:

John Timaeus

All modern vehicles have some kind of lock out to prevent this: some are mechanical, some electronic, some a combination of both.  If you did override it, the results would be bad.

In a manual, if you did push hard enough (and you'll need to push really hard) to get the dogs to engage as was pointed out by Robert Johnson you'll probably just strip off the teeth.  If you managed to get it into gear, when you let out the clutch the results would be bad.

How bad?  In 2000 I was operations manager for a start-up telecom company.  I did research and selected the Toyota as our standard company truck.  It had great mileage, high reliability ratings, and was made in the U.S.  Someone above me was related to someone at a local Dodge dealer, instead we got the <name redacted> - made I believe somewhere south of the border; 34 of them, all with sequential VINs. They also had horrible reliability ratings, bad mileage, and drove like your father's Oldsmobile.

They also had a defect.  The gear shift lever simply moved a selector switch, which in turn caused a series of solenoids to actually do the shifting in the transmission.  There was a lot of slop in this lever and some wire harness issues that would occasionally cause the truck to shift to an essentially random gear.  Since we covered lots of territory, odds were that when this happened we'd be driving at highway speed.

I had this happen (from locked overdrive to low at about 75mph) and the rear tires slid for about 100 meters until the forward universal joint failed causing the drive shaft to begin flopping around under the vehicle until the rear u-joint failed and it separated, puncturing the tire and destroying one side of the bed as I ran over/into it.

One of my employees had a drive to reverse fail at highway speed.  He slid over 300 meters and was fortunately skilled (and lucky) enough to get off the highway into the gravel shoulder without rolling the truck.  I was nearest and showed up before the tow truck did.  I noticed that there were fluids bleeding from the engine compartment.  Investigation showed that the motor mounts had separated.  The motor itself had rotated enough to rip out radiator lines, snap a brake line, and mangle all the wiring on one side of the engine compartment.  These are the bad things.  I would have been very happy with a simple clutch or torque converter failure.

*=:

8 hours ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

@mekapichal_mnthmkora  assamed aa?

Reverse gear vesina No Problem. Reverse mode consider cheyyali ante less than certain speed undali.

Less than certain speed lo unnappu Reverse gear lo vesthe gear box pothundi.

2000 Accord ki aa problem undi anukunta but later they fixed it.

On 1/4/2017 at 0:59 PM, Bathai_Babji said:

John Timaeus

*=:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, Bathai_Babji said:

John Timaeus

*=:

monna weekend try chesa.. while  I was driving my SUV... speed 60MpH. lo unnappudu .. reverse ki shift chesa.... nothing happened.. It gives a caution message "Speed is too high to shift to reverse mode" ... Neutral mode-- worked

Parking mode: same warning " Speed is too high to park the vehicle"

mine is 2015 model .. American made.. Ford explorer

I donno about other vehicles.. hope they have the same features too..