Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017

Novak_Djokovic

House Passed H.R. 21 "Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017" Sponsored by Rep. Issa of California to Kill Some of Obama Last Minute Rules

• The Midnight Rules Relief Act would allow Congress to overturn, with a single vote, executive branch regulations finalized in the last 60 legislative days of an outgoing Presidential administration. Reportedly, The bill specifically amends the Congressional Review Act (the CRA) to allow Congress to reclaim the ability to effectively curtail multiple regulations hurried through the regulatory process in the final days of an outgoing Administration all at once. For the sponsor statement, please click here. This rule was passed during the 115th Congress sessions.
  • This amendment of the CRA, if it is also passed by the Senate, would expand the power of the Republican Congress to ignore Obama rules beyond the scope of the current CRA and more last minute rules of the Obama Administration could be negatively affected. Accordingly, Obama Execute Immigration Actions could be repealed at two different levels: For immigration reform programs implemented without final rules, by the Trump Administration, and for similar programs which have been implemented by enactment of final rules at the last minutes, by the Republican Congress. Dizzy.......!

Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017 and Final Rule of Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers, aka I-140 EAD

• The Republican Congress had struggled to restirct the power of the Executive Branch by enacting various legislations to restrict the Obama Administration's executive rules and to rescind some of the rules which Obama Administration enacted last minutes of its governance. During the 114th Congress, the Republican legislators in the House introduced two legislative bills to achieve the foregoing purposes, which were then reintroduced and passed in the House within the first three days of the 115th Congress in 2017. One was the Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017 that amends the CRA to give the power to the Congress to invalidate certain rules which were enacted within 60 legisative days before Obama Administration ends on January 20, 2017. The other is the Regulations From the Executive In Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act that will mandate the Executive Branch of the government to obtain the approval of the Congress when the rules would impact $100 milllions of dollars cost to the economy. Both of the foregoing rules are presently in the hands of the Senate. Considering the fact that any rules which Congress passes can be vetoed by the sitting President, the Republican Senate is not likely to pass these bills before the Trump Administration takes over the White House on January 20, 2017. Next week, the Chairman Bob Goodlatte of the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives will introduce in the House a third bill of Regulatory Accountability Act of 2017 to empower the legislative branch to restrict the regulatory power of the Executive Branch. For the details, please read the Chairman's report.
  • When it comes to immigration rules, the Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017 is likely to bring the most devastating impact on employers and immigrants. For instance, come January 17, 2017, the so-called I-140 EAD rule will take effect. However, the I-140 EAD final rule was published in the register on November 18, 2016. Since the government will change hands on January 20, 2017, calendar wise, the rule was enacted more than 60 days before the new government. However, the Midnight Rules Relif Act of 2017 counts only "legislative days" to determine the 60 days and it appears that the I-140 EAD rule will fall under this legislation, should this bill be enacted into a law and the Congress determines that the I-140 EAD rules should be invalidated. At this point, this remains an open question. We will keep track of development of this legislation.

Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017

This bill amends the Congressional Review Act to allow Congress to consider a joint resolution to disapprove multiple regulations that federal agencies have submitted for congressional review within the last 60 legislative days of a session of Congress during the final year of a President's term. Congress may disapprove a group of such regulations together (i.e., "en bloc") instead of the current procedure of considering only one regulation at a time.

1 hour ago, bob177 said:

Ee bill pass ayithe... 60 day grace period after h1b and i-140 revocation by employer kuda gone kada... Back to old days 

yaa...but not sure antunadu...lets see...