Tennis::: Aus open 2017...

mtkr

Rafa tough man, he won't get past 4th round at most. Great player but unfortunately too weak now a days with all the injuries. 

Roger looks good but we all know he can't get past Murray or Djoker even if he gets that far. 

Toss up between Murray and Djoker, but Wawrinka is always formidable on these courts. 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

I'll be happy with Thiem making a deep run here.

I was about to say the same thing. Watch out for Thiem, he's a potential future GS winner. I am expecting him to atleast go till the Quarter finals. 

14 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Also another budding talent David Goffin's game going on right now. 

okay. I don't rate Goffin that high.

This time, though, my money is evenly divided between Nishikori, and Murray to win the cup. Just hope Wawrinka doesn't have his insanely flukey days (when everything he hits just lands inside the line). 

It doesn't merit a mention, but if Murray/Nishikori doesn't win, its not a good enough reason to troll or talk down at me.

One particular loser in this db thinks he's being cool when does that. Fcuking idiot.

6 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

okay. I don't rate Goffin that high.

This time, though, my money is evenly divided between Nishikori, and Murray to win the cup. Just hope Wawrinka doesn't have his insanely flukey days (when everything he hits just lands inside the line)

Fluke analemu kaani he's a big match player. But yeah when he gets going, that heavy backhand of his can cause serious damage no matter who's on the other end of the net. 

Murray is the favorite to be honest right now as you said, along with Djoker perhaps based on his past experience. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Fluke analemu kaani he's a big match player. But yeah when he gets going, that heavy backhand of his can cause serious damage no matter who's on the other end of the net. 

Murray is the favorite to be honest right now as you said, along with Djoker perhaps based on his past experience. 

Wawrinka is my fav active player, behind Gasquet and Federer. But I think he does play at a different level sometimes. Things just click.

It'll also be nice to see Federer win :)

Just for the gap between him and Nadal/Djokovic to widen (in number of GS).

• 2 weeks later...