• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• lazybugger

• Kool_SRG

• Widow_Queen

27 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I bet $800 on Grigor Dimitrov to beat Nadal :(

I don't think he's ever beaten Nadal before, and I haven't yet watched Nadal play at this year's open. Hope he plays at his worst tomorrow.

did u seriously bet?? which website did u bet dude???

39 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I bet $800 on Grigor Dimitrov to beat Nadal :(

I don't think he's ever beaten Nadal before, and I haven't yet watched Nadal play at this year's open. Hope he plays at his worst tomorrow.

Nadal will thrash him in straight sets. What Dimitrov beat was a 40% of what the current Nadal is too bad for him but Nadal is peaking at the right time. He's still way behind his best game but that was enough to down a big server like Raonic, Nadal will keep hitting top spin loopy balls to Dimitrov's backhand till it breaks down. 

1 minute ago, CricPokChic said:

800$ vesav ante...bane gelisinattu unnav ga bro....

even bro. Inthakantey dhaarunamaina bet lu esaa..

100:1 odds ki $200 petta oka wildcard player meedha (Gasquet) many years ago. vaadu final daaka ochi odipoyaadu. Not grand slam, but a very reputed tournament of the day.

you won't lose money if you hedge your bets. but I got bored of doing it. These days intha daarunamaina odds evaru ivvatla. I mean koncham stuff unna player and unknown to general public ki ivvatla.

I'm always inspired by Kuerten's victory at Roland Garros as a wildcard in 1997.

34 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Federer was pretty pathetic today. Can't believe Wawa lost.

Wawa wasn't 100% of himself either esp the first 2 sets. Came back with a bandaged knee and thrashed Federer in 3rd and 4th sets. That one game in 5th set where Wawa lost serve was what separated the two, and he lost it due to nerves. 

Wawa is too nice against Fed, guess he adores him too much off the court. Understandable since they are part of the same Davis cup unit and all that, but yeah that costs him in big matches esp the tight 5 setter ones against Fed. He doesn't have the same issue against his favorite rival Djoker or even Nadal for the most part. 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

even bro. Inthakantey dhaarunamaina bet lu esaa..

100:1 odds ki $200 petta oka wildcard player meedha (Gasquet) many years ago. vaadu final daaka ochi odipoyaadu. Not grand slam, but a very reputed tournament of the day.

you won't lose money if you hedge your bets. but I got bored of doing it. These days intha daarunamaina odds evaru ivvatla. I mean koncham stuff unna player and unknown to general public ki ivvatla.

I'm always inspired by Kuerten's victory at Roland Garros as a wildcard in 1997.

tennis and icehocky tappa verevi veyyava bro...like cricket,nfl etc

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Nadal will thrash him in straight sets. What Dimitrov beat was a 40% of what the current Nadal is too bad for him but Nadal is peaking at the right time. He's still way behind his best game but that was enough to down a big server like Raonic, Nadal will keep hitting top spin loopy balls to Dimitrov's backhand till it breaks down. 

hmmm.. to beat nadal, one has to play steady. Dimitrov is the farthest from a steady player. I'm still hoping against hope.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

hmmm.. to beat nadal, one has to play steady. Dimitrov is the farthest from a steady player. I'm still hoping against hope.

One thing in Dimitrov's favor is that he's a far better mover than Raonic is. Raonic has awful movement btw and an even worse anticipation while coming to the net. So Nadal made him run around only to hit a short drop shot and make him come to the net, once Raonic was at the net it was target practice for Nadal. It's not going to be the same against Dimitrov as hes' a better mover and a better player at the net than Raonic. But then Dimitrov can't bank on his serve the way Raonic did to atleast get him a few easy games. 

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Wawa wasn't 100% of himself either esp the first 2 sets. Came back with a bandaged knee and thrashed Federer in 3rd and 4th sets. That one game in 5th set where Wawa lost serve was what separated the two, and he lost it due to nerves. 

Wawa is too nice against Fed, guess he adores him too much off the court. Understandable since they are part of the same Davis cup unit and all that, but yeah that costs him in big matches esp the tight 5 setter ones against Fed. He doesn't have the same issue against his favorite rival Djoker or even Nadal for the most part. 

everybody is too nice against Fed. Its like a disease. Until Nadal, and Djok, and Murray came on. Ballet tennis won Fed a lot of majors, but it looks too silly these days. 

Fed has lost it. It was obvious today.

The nicest Federer loss I savour was when Gasquet beat him in 2005 in the most spectacular and nicest possible way. I had a 1000 orgasms that day. haha..