• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• lazybugger

• Kool_SRG

• Widow_Queen

5 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

He got noticed enough. ATP decides who to use to market the game. Sampras, Agassi had the US biggies backing them.

They are awesome players, but that is how players are promoted. But people who watch the game regularly (not just the slam semi/finals), remember all of the awesome players. 

GP. Isn't that the case with any sport. We only know any player's value when we watch every game of his/her and not just a finals or tournaments that are dominated by sponsors and other useless extravaganza. 

Just now, Batman_fan said:

GP. Isn't that the case with any sport. We only know any player's value when we watch every game of his/her and not just a finals or tournaments that are dominated by sponsors and other unless extravaganza. 

I love tennis the sport more than any player of the sport. Players come and go and I appreciate anyone that shows great spirit, but the sport is greater than any player. No one's bigger than the sport, which is why I don't like the mudslinging one group of fans partake in over the other group, to satisfy their reasoning behind admiring a particular player. 

20 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

He got noticed enough. ATP decides who to use to market the game. Sampras, Agassi had the US biggies backing them.

They are awesome players, but that is how players are promoted. But people who watch the game regularly (not just the slam semi/finals), remember all of the awesome players. 

@gr33d

21 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

I love tennis the sport more than any player of the sport. Players come and go and I appreciate anyone that shows great spirit, but the sport is greater than any player. No one's bigger than the sport, which is why I don't like the mudslinging one group of fans partake in over the other group, to satisfy their reasoning behind admiring a particular player. 

Why I hold Murray in high regard (though he's not my fav) is because I consider him as a better version of Nalbandian (with a much better serve and much better fitness).

The time he has for his shots is amazing. He's never hurried. Just like Nalbandian.

29 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Why I hold Murray in high regard (though he's not my fav) is because I consider him as a better version of Nalbandian (with a much better serve and much better fitness).

The time he has for his shots is amazing. He's never hurried. Just like Nalbandian.

Oh man chala manchi peru gurthu chesavu. Nalbandian, can never ever forget him man. What a wasted genius. His anticipation, shot selection and overall aggression is a treat to watch. Too bad he never had the fitness or the mental discipline to win himself a GS title.

Possibly the most eligible player to have never won a GS. 2007 lo gurthunda back to back Master's titles defeating Federer, aa rojullo Federer losing ante ne big deal alantidi he beat him back to back. That backhand of his was a sledge hammer. Murray is mentally stronger than Nalbandian too although he has his moments of low, serve wise Murray has a better first serve but an equally not so effective second serve although he's improved in that aspect. Fitness no match, Murray is miles ahead of Nalbandian.

Venus vs Serena match choosav, expected lines lo ne nadichindi although Venus was pretty dogged in her defense first half of the second set. But again she eventually doesn't have the physical fitness to keep up with Serena, so to wish for a third set was asking for too much.

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Oh man chala manchi peru gurthu chesavu. Nalbandian, can never ever forget him man. What a wasted genius. His anticipation, shot selection and overall aggression is a treat to watch. Too bad he never had the fitness or the mental discipline to win himself a GS title.

Possibly the most eligible player to have never won a GS. 2007 lo gurthunda back to back Master's titles defeating Federer, aa rojullo Federer losing ante ne big deal alantidi he beat him back to back. That backhand of his was a sledge hammer. Murray is mentally stronger than Nalbandian too although he has his moments of low, serve wise Murray has a better first serve but an equally not so effective second serve although he's improved in that aspect. Fitness no match, Murray is miles ahead of Nalbandian.

Yeah. Those were the times. He bet Federer and Nadal back to back. with surprising ease too. especially Nadal. He made both of them run like a ballboy at his prime.

Davydenko another player who hit a purple patch in the late 2000s, and played amazingly well. Ofcourse, he can't be compared to Nalbandian's genius at court awareness, but he was also someone I enjoyed watching.

Long list ofcourse. Another wasted talent was Tommy Haas. Although he sort of gave up when Federer arrived. 

17 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Venus vs Serena match choosav, expected lines lo ne nadichindi although Venus was pretty dogged in her defense first half of the second set. But again she eventually doesn't have the physical fitness to keep up with Serena, so to wish for a third set was asking for too much.

No. I stopped watching women's tennis after Henin retired. Mauresmo was my fav in ladies though.

May be I like Murray a little bit because he hired Mauresmo as his coach. :)

56 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

No. I stopped watching women's tennis after Henin retired. Mauresmo was my fav in ladies though.

May be I like Murray a little bit because he hired Mauresmo as his coach. :)

I watched only the second set, I don't really watch women's tennis much either but watch GS finals whenever possible.

1 hour ago, lazybugger said:

Lol

nuvvu cheppe varaku gurtu rale