Telugu Toddler with speech delay-Please help

infoseeker786

1 hour ago, infoseeker786 said:

Hi friends,ma cousin ki oka 2 year old son unnadu.he was born in US.Last week 2 years complete ayyayi.2 years checkup appudu pedatrician found that the toddler is speaking few words (6 words)compared to what he should speak at this age(about 30 words) and form sentences with more than two words and suggested speech/hearing evaluation."Babies can't wait" program value evaluate chesi he needs speech therapy  and hearing test and decide chesaru.Also my cousin is going to join his kid in preschool soon.My cousin and his wife are worried a late about this development delay.Do you know anyone in similar stuation and was there any improvement after speech therapy.Please share your thoughts

pillaltho aeppudu matladatha untunte baguntadhi... amma ayya matladatam amanesthe anni ilagae jaruguthayi...... 

babby tho aeppudu aedo okati matladuthune undali ... matladisthune undali ani na bhavana... 

33 minutes ago, gunturodu1 said:

USA lo almost 70% indian kids ki idey chepthunnaru.. Since its very sensitive issue, i will explain more and your friend no need to worry much.

Naa elder son ni preschool lo vesaka vaala teacher idey cheppindhi..he tells all alphabets and numbers.. kani social ga vundadu.. he cant form senternce annadhi.. and requested us for speech theraphy(This happened in november 2016)..

SPeech theraphy is costly here just to evaluate a kid in atlanta, they are charging 1200$. i booked an appointment. They gave appointment in feb 3rd week(its really hard to get appointment)

From November last week :-

then we started talking with him more.. TV lo rhymes cut down chesam .. Thanatho paint games ,daily night story reading, play dough and whatsapp lo voice messages petticchatam start chesa, saradaga maa naanna daily night "Thata i had my dinner..so and so ani nenu cheppatam vaditho repeat cheyyichatam.. intial ga chese vadu kadu.. play back lo mana voice vini vallaki interest vasthundhi..

Believe me i saw a huge change in 4 weeks.. December lo vadiki yearly checkup vundi.. we said the speech therapy recommendation to Pediatrician.. Avasaram ledu.. annadu.. but still am going with evaluation as i dont want miss anything if really required.

Jan 1st week , maa vadi school mid report ani iccharu.. his teacher asked us.. what you guys are doing.. he improved a lot ani..

First we need to change our life style.. manam kids ki IPADS, mobiles or TVlo rhymes pettesi mana pani manam chesukuntam.. thats wrong.. evening time antha mee freind ni thana kid to spend cheyyi manu..it will be good. One more imp thing.. evaro okkallani only english and okkalu only telugu matladamanu..dont ever switch languages.. so that they will learn both with out confusion..

yourock

10 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

Parents first neighbors and shopping malls lo people tho mingle ayithey... kids ki baguntadh.......but parents only same midnset unna desi coomunity families tho kalisi.....open atmosphere kakunda.....avoiding eye-contact conversations and ....false celebrations for name sake chesthunte... kids ki kuda avve habits pick up chestharu.....let them free... let then do mistakes..... except for taking care of their health and well being....parents should not try to control any of the other activities of kids......they will learn stuff on their own and they will become on what they are capable of..... forceful feeding on information will only break their minds and lead to extreme psychological issues......

espcially Indian parents feel that their kids should by default be registered in honors class (special trianing in schools for intelligent kids).......this is done for kids who show excpetional abilities...and teachers will identify these skills...... mana desi parents feel like getting into honors class is like EAMCET training..... more the kids works hard at home in reciting numbers, alphabets etc.... more the teachers will recognize him..... but thats not the way it works.... also desi parents fight with teachers saying he is intelligent you are just not observing him... pleaee put him in the honors class ani sava10gutharu.....itlantivi chesthey results itlanbe untayi......they are kids man.... let them run on the grass and chase butteflies and have some good childhood.... forget about thei adulthood its fked up anyways.....they will take careof themselves....

babu akkada post ki help chey...nee frustration ni inko place lo vent chesko 

Hi friends,ma cousin ki oka 2 year old son unnadu.he was born in US.Last week 2 years complete ayyayi.2 years checkup appudu pedatrician found that the toddler is speaking few words (6 words)compared to what he should speak at this age(about 30 words) and form sentences with more than two words and suggested speech/hearing evaluation."Babies can't wait" program value evaluate chesi he needs speech therapy  and hearing test and decide chesaru.Also my cousin is going to join his kid in preschool soon.My cousin and his wife are worried a late about this development delay.Do you know anyone in similar stuation and was there any improvement after speech therapy.Please share your thoughts

common with kids growing up in USA..india pampinchu thathalu mammalu pillalu adukotaniki...he will pick up

2 minutes ago, kittaya said:

pillaltho aeppudu matladatha untunte baguntadhi... amma ayya matladatam amanesthe anni ilagae jaruguthayi...... 

babby tho aeppudu aedo okati matladuthune undali ... matladisthune undali ani na bhavana... 

+1000

not from any past experience, try getting grand parents....they will keep them engaged 

My friends started to speak after 5 years... once he started he never stopped . he speaks very fast.... now parents r worried that he speaks very fast....  and his american accent is awesome...  some people will speak after 5 years..

India pampadame... oka 2 months n see if it helps .... don't read too much into these therapy suggestions.. afterall they are still 2 yr olds... every kid is different.. don't worry.. every will be alright in someti#~` me 

2 minutes ago, ramu said:

India pampadame... oka 2 months n see if it helps .... don't read too much into these therapy suggestions.. afterall they are still 2 yr olds... every kid is different.. don't worry.. every will be alright in someti#~` me 

+ 1

also some kids can be late..ikkada Peds they go by books.

37 minutes ago, mybabyboy said:

idhi pretty common bhayya with desi kids...naa son kuda 2 years complete ayyaka very words use chese vadu....problem is i talk to him in english and telugu and my wife talks to him in spanish....i thought we were giving more pressure for the kid but slowly when he turned 2 years 3 months, he started speaking only english with me and used to understand spanish but couldn't speak and he started preschool at 3 years of age and i put him in english instead of bilingual and wife was little mad at me....my son is 3 years 5 months now and talks fluently both in english and spanish and also understands both...6 months back i used to say my wife when he will talk ani and now i say to him not to talk and stay silent but he wont stop talking....he has become a translator for me now...

ikkadi doctors koncham OA chestharu...dont worry the kid will start talking.....mostly girls start talking early than boys...

Anni languages enduku chinnapati nunchi..they will eventually pick up english and spanish growing up

25 minutes ago, dewarist said:

Anni languages enduku chinnapati nunchi..they will eventually pick up english and spanish growing up

naaku spanish anthaga raadhu and maa wife and her family mostly speak spanish, so the only way for me to communicate with my son is english and my wife 95% of the time speaks in spanish with him....maa vaadiki telugu koncham ardham avthundhi but matladaledu since there is no one to talk to him in telugu except me...